Faith hindering

My Christian upbringing is hindering my integration with modern society

I refuse to lose my faith because of some stupid fucking heathens

But I hate all this self-limiting and restraint I must show, while others are happy as animals. I restrict myself from enjoying certain media, for fear of them being satanic/demonic. I stop certain self-expressions, for want of being virtuous. I forgive, as that is what I believe is best. And all these things end up hurting me.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

godfatherpolitics.com/10-highest-iqs-least-8-theists-least-6-christians/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> satanic/demonic

Literal mental disorder. Seek help.

Firstly, you don't shit up the history board.

Fuck off to you mong.

You've already lost your faith if you reject virtue and restraint.

>spirits are a mental disorder

Kys

I haven't lost them, they are great and useful tools in life.

They just get in the way when life requires savagery and mindlessness. Which is often.

Maybe I'm just too smart to behave like an idiot... or perhaps, I'm the idiot for being too smart?

*tips for christ*

It's a religious and ethical matter

'Being smart' would entail not believing in fairies, ghosts, and demons.

This quote BTFOs any christfags. Now become an atheist.

But they're real, so being knowledgeable on their existence is actually smart.

>God creates universe; universe creates challenge; God creates man; universe challenges man; man creates evil

God is both willing and active in reducing evil. Your whole image BTFO.

If he's willing and actively able to stop evil why hasn't he done it? If he's trying, he's not doing a very good job for an all powerful being. Retort BTFO.

>extremely limited mortal perspective decides God isn't doing a good job

(You)

Perhaps he wants humans to regulate themselves, rather than interfere all the time. As any good tutor does.

>extremely limited mortal perspective decides God isn't doing a good job

Y-you just don't get it, God's morals are good because you don't understand.

>Perhaps he wants humans to regulate themselves, rather than interfere all the time. As any good tutor does.

Then he is not willing and malevolent. What God creates a world, humans, life and then says "Give me praise and love me, devote your whole existence to me. Also all that evil and bad shit I created, fix it yourself lmao."

If god exists as you describe, he's an asshole and undeserving of worship.

If a father makes a son, and the son does evil, did the father create the evil?

If a father lets his own son make a mistake, so he may learn to rectify it and avoid it in future, is he malevolent?

You're being an extremist idiot for the sake of holding on to your ideals, which have been proven to be logically false already.

If God exists, especially as I have described in this thread: how is he an asshole?

Read carefully now

>If a father makes a son, and the son does evil, did the father create the evil?

No, but God is all knowing is he not? He knows all that has and will happen. So he created man knowing exactly what would happen. He creates this man knowing the man will do things he does not wish, the punishment for this is hell, because he wishes that to be. He can change anything as he is all powerful, he knows who will sin and burn, he creates them imperfect, in his eyes, knowing they will go to hell. Yet he does nothing. Is this sick game not malevolence? Please explain to me this weird game God has created. Where he creates beings just to send them to hell.

& Christianity was a mistake

If a father creates a son, knowing conditions can be hellish on earth, is he participating in in a cruel sick game?

Who created those conditions? God.

So you agree God exists but the difficulty of the parameters makes you hate him?

No I don't believe god exists but I am arguing that even if he does he is an asshole. See the epicurus quote.

See my responses.

Perceived evil is an unfortunate result of free will. It is not insurmountable though.

Is it free will when everything that happens is planned by an all powerful ruler?
Also when you say "perceived evil" do you mean to say anything "god" says is ok is morally always good and vice versa?

He knows it will happen, did not necessarily plan it

Perceived evil is what you call evil. What is evil to us may not be evil to God.

>My Christian upbringing is hindering my integration with modern society

Good.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Did Jesus strike you as a "go along to get along" guy?

Not planned.

Foreknown.

And since his foreknowlege is unknown to you, and does not impact you, you are a free will moral agent responsible for your own choices.

You just don't have the ability to surprise God. Or disappoint God.

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. (Romans 12:18)

You'd take a godless hedonist's misquote over finding out the truth about God?

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds." (Matthew 11:19)

"Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. (Matthew 21:31)

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. (Romans 12:16)

>Please explain to me this weird game God has created.

God creates universe.
God creates angels.
1/3 of angels rebel and are exiled.
God creates mankind.
100% of mankind rebels and is exiled.

1/3 of angels and 100% of mankind go to hell for rebelling against God.

And that scenario would be holy, just and righteous.

See, this is the sort of shit that is alienating me and making me a relic.

These are good. Very good. Thank you.

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." (1 Corinthians 15:33)

"The sun, too, shines into cesspools and is not polluted." - Diogenes

You believe you're going to hell?

Yeah but he created them knowing they will rebel and he in course would send them to suffer in hell for eternity. It's a sick cycle he sets up, just because I suppose.

If he is all powerful he can stop the evil things that are going to happen, he just doesn't seem to want to. He is malevolent.

Still you christfags cannot explain how god isn't an evil tyrant if he exists.

Epicurus' quote still stands.

Why are you repeating the same thing over and over with no new arguments? The quote has been refuted numerous times today, if you think it still stands, you better back that up

Because that shit image doesn't stand

Did the world treat Jesus nicely?

If you're a Christian, why do you expect to receive from the world better treatment than Jesus received, if you're doing and saying the same things Jesus did?

Don't fall in love with this world. It's temporary, and evil. Just focus on trying to save as many people from hell as you can.

Starting with you.

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’

49 “For everyone will be seasoned with fire, and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt.

I know that I am not, because in that scenario, there is no good news. There is no Jesus Christ, there is no cross, there is no propitiation for sins, there is no hope.

What I gave you was the bad news, the way things could have been.

There is also good news.

Gnosticism, the "god" these people worship is evil, and jesus is a deceiver, see

Gnosticism is an ancient religion that wants to escape this being, my branch outs jesus as a deceiver and worships Abraxas.

Holding people responsible for their own actions is not sick.

It's holy, just and righteous.

>their own actions

Timmy, you touched your dick, burn forever and suffer.

You're just impatient.

God will eradicate all evil, as he said he would, when he said he would, how he said he would.

As you are evil, be grateful he gave you today to change your mind, and be saved.

You are not promised tomorrow.

See, the problem here (and I've seen this time and time again) is that when you show people there's another side to this reality to get them to go toward the light, they usually just get more interested in the darkness in the sense of using this new-said knowledge for their own personal gain instead of using it to re-asses their actual paradigm of thinking.

The Childish pattern usually goes like this, and it's usually very transparent.

"How can you tell me that God is real"

"Because the devil is also real and clearly hates God"

"How can you prove that"

"Because X (This part you have to figure out for yourself)"

"Oh ok, guess I'll just see what the devil can do for me , after all, it's a better option than admitting I was actually wrong TeeHee!"

Would rather just let those kind of people stay ignorant if that's their mentality desu

Also gnostics...lol...

Praise Jesus

It's rubbish, and misattributed.

No. Nobody has explained how an all powerful god isn't an evil being. All I've gotten was.

>God is God so all he does is good

If you think that a being who creates imperfect people he knows can't meet his standards the punishment to not meeting these standards being everlasting torture, is a good God, has Stockholm syndrome.

>gnostics...lol...

Lol what? You refuted nothing.

Gnosticism is in the spirit of Antichrist, and is of the devil himself. They started out with the disciples, but departed and went their own way seeking occult knowledge that they think will save them.

It will not save them. It will not turn them into beings like God.

Play DOOM

Timmy, you're dead and neglected the only salvation known to mankind.

Burn in hell forever. (Assuming you have reached your age of consent, there, little Timmy. If you're still a child, heaven awaits.)

Since the bible is absolutely silent on the subject of masturbation, it's curious why you godless people focus on it so much.

>Gnosticism is in the spirit of Antichrist, and is of the devil himself.

>I have a theory where everyone is of the devil but me.

Can being christian be considered a mental disorder?

He makes them take those actions. If he doesnt make them and he is still all knowing he doesnt stop them. He is complicit in evil while being able to stop it.

USSR used to put Christians in mental asylums thinking such, but even the employees working there realized they weren't crazy at all...

rly makes u think...

>you godless

I have a God, his name is Abraxas.

>it's curious why you godless people focus on it so much

Because you've spent 2000 years saying it mattered to be told constantly that it wasn't on the bible, it seems you finally noticed.

Jesus failing prophecy is also in the bible, israel was preached to already and nobody came back with a judgement day.

Rather burn with the smart, funny, skeptical, and educated than pray with the sheep.

It's not my theory. It's in the bible.

1 John 2
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.

What do gnostics believe? They believe that Jesus was not really God; that God could not manifest himself in the flesh.

1 John 4
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Gnostics = antichrist

They take whatever actions they choose to take, as you take whatever actions you choose to take.

And then suffer or enjoy the consequences, depending on how wise your choices were.

Of 10 Highest IQs at Least 8 are Theists and at Least 6 are Christians
godfatherpolitics.com/10-highest-iqs-least-8-theists-least-6-christians/

Hate to break it to you senpai...

"Philosophy in the Soviet Union was officially confined to Marxist–Leninist thinking, which theoretically was the basis of objective and ultimate philosophical truth. During the 1920s and 1930s, other tendencies of Russian thought were repressed (many philosophers emigrated, others were expelled)."

>What do gnostics believe?

Many varied things, including that jesus was a deceiver.

>what do christians believe?

They believe that jesus will come back before all of israel is preached to.

So yeah, failed prophet of the demiurge.

Yes, I know that you worship the devil as God, because the devil wants to be worshiped as God, and you fell for his lies.

I have never told anyone the bible speaks of masturbation, and indeed set people straight on Onan.

So, no.

None of Jesus' prophecies failed to come true when ripe.

Some are not yet ripe. And yet he is still God, still the Messiah, and will fulfill every jot and tittle.

Including judging you to see if you are as God.

Are you as God?

Can you make a universe to compete with this universe?

No?

>I am retarded
So in other words being smart decreases the chance of you being a theist then.
Jews and atheists are the smartest demographic.

Set yourself on fire and see how social you are. Never let the fire die. Never die yourself. Prefer that now?

Oh, and do it in the dark, with invisible fire.

Yes, satan worshipers all.

Enjoy your limited life here, you'll need to store up as many memories as you can to fill eternity with.

In the dark, alone, and on fire.

>B-But who cares about averages, all that matters are these Cherrypicks
Christians are on average dumb shits and on average are more violent by orders of magnitude than atheists. Christians are the niggers of religion.

Wise people go to heaven; fools go to hell.

Smart people will be in both heaven and hell.

Maybe you're focusing on the wrong stat.

Hell is a fallicy created by false teachers anways. Sheol was the original Hebrew word which usually is interpreted as the "eternal grave" where there is only nothingness and darkness, not a fiery prison. Hades was a mistranslation. *waits and listens for the autistic screaming of Catholics*

I'll take the Word of God over your misunderstanding all day, every day.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Seems pretty clear. I'll explain your misunderstanding, if you'd like.

So being smart is the best stat since it means you can visit both.

God knew the choices you'd make 100s of years before you were born, he knows if you're born to go to hell or not. He can easily stop but he doesn't. God created arbitrary rules knowing who would and wouldn't follow them? He made certain people just "evil" in his eyes? Then you say it's their choice!? No, it's God's choice to send people to hell. It was God's choice to create all the evil and injustice in the world. I repeat again if god exists he is a malovolent diety who has not earned my worship.

There is no visitation. These are terminating conditions. You choose which eternal destination you want to exist in forever, and there you go.

God knew this post before he made the world.

Break your timeline thinking. God knows the end from the beginning. He is not orchestrating everything. If he wanted a universe full of automatons, he would have created a universe full of automatons.

But ask yourself how many times a Real Doll could say "I love you!" before you tired of it.

Nice delusions fairy tale fag.

The gnostics were satan's answer to the apostles; they denied God could be contained in flesh, and so the flesh could not matter. Hence most of them became hedonists, as they did not believe the flesh could cause sin, only the spirit.

They all know better now.

And I have never heard any gnostic explain the mechanism for knowledge translating a person into a godlike being, much less an example of same. They're arrogant fools, for the most part, again preferring darkness to the light.

God is like Netflix, He knows all the movies but it's your choice which ones to watch.

Taking God's word over yours is a pretty easy call.

It's funny how people will just sit there straight-faced and pretend that Gnosticism isn't actually rooted in the occult and babylonian mystery religions of times of past which DID in fact just worship other gods and seeped these teachings into modern Christianity to combine the two concepts into a poisoned "witches brew" of knowledge filled with lies

Also going back to (You) people here are just debating for the sake of debating I could already tell which is why I stated this in the first place. Just stay ignorant if you want but that's totally your choice...

There is truly nothing new under the sun

Psalm 14:1

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

>OP is wasting his one life putting useless restrictions on himself

>It's gods word
>I know because a human told me it was

yall christians spooked something fierce

So you're saying in Revelations 20:14 that Hell was essentially thrown into hell? Doesn't it sound more accurate that god was saying death and sheol (eternity in death) were being destroyed? Also, in 19:18, if you're viewing this in literal terminology and not as an illustration as the bible does throughout, doesn't that mean god condones cannabalism of "the flesh of kings"?

That's because for the greater part of our human history critism of god was met with death. I'm not saying all the smart people were just being quiet aboit their true beliefs but when you're in a culture where god is seen as a ln of course and there was NO debate sourounding gods existence, tou kind of don't question things.

Also what I really meant with my post was that i'd rather spend eternity with like minded people rather than all smart peiple are athiests

Of course, it was hyperbolic. If I actually thought God and hell was real I wouldn't say that.

>Get one life
>Idiots get scammed out of theirs by cucking themselves to a religion

Don't dare to question Incitatus — he outranks you! (What's that, Mr. Incitatus? Why yes, the person who wrote the above paragraph is being disrespectful!) Sir, I regret to inform you that the horse has decided you are to be executed for rudeness.

So he wants some of us to burn for insubordination, it's more fun for him, eh? Again, malevolence.

Found the scripture I wanted. Ecclesiasties 9:10. I'll let you reference from your own prefered translation. Same word commonly translated to haides/hell is used;sheol. Yet, why is it now saying the grave, the proper translation?

I know because it's the only holy book on the planet, and contains about 30% prophecy, of which 100% come true when ripe.

Only God can tell the story of the earth from beginning to end, flawlessly, ahead of time.

>Christians are the niggers of religion.

Nah that's moose limbs.

Yes, the prior afterlife, the two compartmented areas known as Hades/Sheol, or Paradise/Bosom of Abraham and Torment, called by the Greeks the Elysian Fields and Tartarus, will be cast into the lake of fire, with all of the inhabitants thereof.

There are other even more odd things cast into the lake of fire, such as authority.

what a fucking shitpost

im calling 911

Mine was not. It was the plain simple truth. Start lighting yourself on fire so you can get used to it.

Because as it turns out, your disbelief is not powerful enough to cause places to cease to exist, or cause God to not be capable of casting you into such places.

Your disbelief, really, only effects you.

So are we speaking about a literal hell, or just ultimate destruction?

>it's the only holy book on the planet
But Christians believe in 2 holy books. Also who says it's holy? Another human?
>100% of the prophecy has come true
kek, like what.
>Flawless
Kek, there are many flaws in the bible.