Helmet

Helmet thread

Have some helmets.

the lesser helmet

Thank you :) They're really cool

care to explain this pic? Does the ''enligthened'' helmet protect the best? but i agree on the pickelhaube one. that one is just for aestethics

It's silly meme template but yes, it does show the evolution from little to best degree of protection.

AYE SIMWAE

Thanks for these cool Veeky Forums memes :)

The entire chart is the evolution of the helmet

You're welcome, but that meme was silly anyway, better stick with actual info.

The Zischagge is my favorite one
I still don't know whether it's from the Ottoman Empire, Russia, Poland or some germanic countries. It seems to have appeared simultaneously in different places, but I can't help seeing an oriental influence into it. Especially the Russian and Turkish ones, those ones are completely oriental. Maybe they have a common ancestor as the turban helmet ?

Here, a russian replica.

Here is a Polish (?) that looks very oriental.

No coif?

Here is the oldest example that I know of an adjustable nasal, comforting my hypothesis that these helmets have an oriental origin.

Pardon me ? Are you asking if there should be padding under the helmet ? I don't know, it's from a movie.

Yeah I am wondering if the helmet had a coif in the real world. Any ideas?

The Russian and the Polish style looks very similar to Turkish ones, I guess its adopted from near east and slowly adopted and diversified from there

What's the point of the keel thingy?

I have never seen this helmet wore upon a coif in any contemporary representation. I think well-made Zischagge (or lobster-tailed helmets as they are called in English) have their own lining, exempting the use of padding.

Yes, that's what I thought. We can see a similar pattern in weapons, with "russian" sabers looking exactly like polish and turkish ones. The Russians didn't exactly had the time, the motive and the resources to innovate at the time.

To absorb impacts, I guess.

>want an Italian M33 helmet so I can LARP around the house as Il Duce
>Don't want to blow hundreds of dollars on an actual relic with historical value
>discover that a bunch of M33 style helmets were shipped off to Serbia and can be had for cheap so buy one from eBay for thirty bucks
>It was too small and gave me a headache

I just want to fold my arms and stick my lower jaw out in a scowl at the mirror wearing my Duce hat is that too much to ask?

>I just want to fold my arms and stick my lower jaw out in a scowl at the mirror wearing my Duce hat is that too much to ask?
laff'd harder than I should of

>I just want to fold my arms and stick my lower jaw out in a scowl at the mirror wearing my Duce hat is that too much to ask?
Kek

>M56
>Better than Swiss and German stahlhelms
Fuck I'm dying

Is that a splatterguard?

see

Objectively better than what the japs used in WW2

>wow that looks hella epic, bet it protects good too xd

>I still don't know whether it's from the Ottoman Empire, Russia, Poland or some germanic countries. It seems to have appeared simultaneously in different places, but I can't help seeing an oriental influence into it. Especially the Russian and Turkish ones, those ones are completely oriental. Maybe they have a common ancestor as the turban helmet ?

It's already in the bloody name.

It's from the Ottoman Empire considering Zischagge is the German translation of the Ottoman "Chichak."

The helmet itself, in turn, descended form other Turkic/Central Asian helmets.