Explain how ETH is NOT a shitcoin

theres this meme going around that ETH is somehow a stable coin and #2 to Bitcoin

how does this make any sense?

>not decentralized - vitalik buterin can literally change the code on a whim (and has done so before)
>zero real world use cases except scam ICOs
>founder is anorexic aids faggot and SJW open-borders commie
>scalability issues
>no coin cap

how the fuck is this not a worthless shitcoin that is gonna crash and burn sooner or later?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SiXS_jjJYY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Vitalik met with Putin in China
enough for you?

>is gonna crash and burn sooner or later
it's already happening

>not decentralized - vitalik buterin can literally change the code on a whim (and has done so before)
While development is centralized changes pushed by Vitalik still need miner consensus. I do believe Vitalik's enormous influence on the project, particularly given how much work there is left to be done, is troubling for a "decentralized" network.
True. I think most use cases for Ethereum are vaporware (see: 99% of ICO's) but there are some interesting applications not possible on bitcoin/other platforms.
>founder is anorexic aids faggot and SJW open-borders commie
Not relevant.
>scalability issues
True but all coins have this issue.
>no coin cap
True but there is a general agreement about the nature of coin issuance. We'll have to wait to see PoS before this is finalized.

>people have fallen for the ETH meme

RIP

youtube.com/watch?v=SiXS_jjJYY8

It's long running meme now, shitcoins are short lived memes

> Still thinks Bitcoin is decentralized

lul

> True but all coins have this issue.
Nope.

Lots of eth FUD is started here on biz

I'm we're being invaded by btc cucks

Where are the interesting applications then? For something valued around 30 billion it should have at least one good dapp. So far there is nothing except other than vaporware coins. I just don't see why eth should be more than 50 each right now other than pure market speculation

This makes you sound like a tech illiterate 50 year old. Anyone can fork and change the code of any open source crypto any time they want. What makes the coin decentralized is the fact that your modification needs a large amount of people to start mining your fork of the code in order for it to become functional.

Although Ether wasn't intended to be a currency, it already functions as a better currency than bitcoin with quicker and cheaper transactions.

>scalability issues
Yes and also the biggest development team in crypto working to solve these issues.

>no coin cap
Coin caps are gimmicks. 100m supply with a small inflation rate to offset burning is a better system since it does not put a hard deadline on the ethereum ecosystem.

lol rest in pepperoni op

Sorry, I forgot. Your worthless shitcoin with 100 transactions/day probably isn't facing any scaling issues.

When I say applications I mean potential applications of the technology. Ethereum has no real-world use right now. Its price is driven purely by speculation.

I believe trustless gambling, p2p edgeless gambling, and prediction markets (another form of gambling) are interesting uses for this technology.

Almost every other DAPP is vaporware.

Just baffles me because at this point why hasn't anybody made one of these apps yet? If the tech is that great people should start using it to make these ideas real. Ethereum has been around long enough now that there should at least be something out there like this that people can actually use but all any developer seems to want to do is make another token.

I agree.

mETHheads largely overestimate the usefulness of this technology.

I actually believe most of ETH's current value comes from its #2 spot on CMC than anything else. Transacting VALUE freely was the first and remains the most important use-case for blockchains. Bitcoin does this. If BTC fails coin #2 (whatever it is) will pick up the torch. ETH pumps when BTC's future is most uncertain.

Vlad said the best use currently is multisig wallets. However eth is more an investment in a promising future. Short term pullbacks are certainly possible (and likely) however eth has a massive dev team working on pos and sharding, and they wont be bashing their heads against the great wall of china like bitcoin is...

Bitcoin has been doing multisig for years.

>>Simpsons did it

This board was overwhelmed with eth shills for the longest time pushing the meme along with other social media

A bunch of butthurt retarded faggots who watched bitcoin more than quadruple in value and they either sold their btc or dismissed it earlier and being the fucking retards they are they bought eth

It's long term value is under $10

yup and many new ICO's are now toying with idea of leaving the ETH only buy in option and going back to BTC. Confidence of it holding its price is weakening in the established groups. Only boards like this is the main support for the coin and not all are blinded sheep anymore.