Heartwarming instances in history

>writing a research paper on Chemical weapons usage in WWI
>Having nightmares about young men my age and slightly older and younger than myself choking to death and writhing in pain, contorting themselves, tearing at their flesh and looking like rabid animals

I need something positive to get me through this.

Please post instances where humanity proved it can act in a decent and upright manner. I need something to prove that mankind is not the worst creature to walk the earth.

>I need something positive

Wrong fucking universe asshole.

And "mankind" doesn't exist. We're coalitions and families of apes with differing goals and differing faculties of judgment.

You sound like some Buzzfeed faggot.

Almost cut myself on that edge faggot....

Are you ok user? Do you need a hug?

No.

The problem is that you faggots probably think of yourselves as "good men" but don't want to put that to any test where the risk of failure or doom is very real.

When you've gambled yourself into the abyss and survived, that's when you can begin speaking of man.

Read about Christmas truce

Lothar von Arnauld de la Perière, the most successful submarine ace ever (194 ships sunk), allowed the crews of the said ships to escape unharmed, and even gave them directions to the nearest port, before sinking their ships.

16 year old "nothing personell kid" edgelord detected.

My problem isn't instances of the kindness of human beings and of the power of moral-aesthetic judgment.

>Please post instances where humanity proved it can act in a decent and upright manner. I need something to prove that mankind is not the worst creature to walk the earth.

That's my problem. It sounds like a Buzzfeed faggot who has no power to imagine the vast history of blood and tears it took for human communities to raise and debase themselves over and over again.

If you object to reality because of blood and tears, you have no ground to judge man.

textbook example of pseuodoprofundity

You still sound like a buzzfeed faggot with shit models of human behavior and mentality.

Nobody ever proposed any model of human behaviour. You're attacking a strawman.

Huey Long once had a speech and after, he dropped what he was doing, playing politics with big wigs, because he say a little boy without shoes so he went and brought him some.

Dont know how true this is, something my mawmaw always told me.

>>Please post instances where humanity proved it can act in a decent and upright manner. I need something to prove that mankind is not the worst creature to walk the earth.

That indicates a shit model of human behavior by some faggot narcissist where he can wash his hands clean from the actions of "mere" humans.

Because imagining yourself as a morally superior person to the entirety of your lineage of ancestors, who suffered and fought and died and agonized, is the opposite of being fedora?

Some people do nice things to one another user, you do know what nice things are don't you user? Ever kissed a girl or had a nice meal or helped your friends? That feeling you get is pretty nice isn't it. The world is okay m8, sure we see bad stuff in the news and history because that is the stuff that interests people. In reality we're living in the comfiest time of human history where we can go and get a soda or go for a swim whenever we want. History also is full of happy human moments and good people doing good things: Wilberforce, Arkhipov, Wallenberg, the soldiers of christmas 1914, celebrations in 1945, the fall of the Berlin Wall, and the French returning to their native soil in 1944 all spring to mind.
Maybe you should turn off your computer or phone user and go hang out with some friends for a bit. Everything is going to be okay user.

LONG BOY!

This, OP just can't belieeeve how morally inferior the rest of his species is.

psssh...nothin personnel....kid

There are a lot of nice innocent things about the world. But the desires of humans for prestige in every aspect means that ultimately, the nice innocent things are laurels atop a blood drenched altar.

If you're unwilling to touch the altar, another person...another group...another tribe...another nation etc, then someone else will and they'll take those laurels as well.

Imagine taking something like Nigeria and trying to evaluate their entire population as a single unit of testing.

The problem is that there are tribes, large but nonetheless tribes. So imagine if we bring Nigeria's estimated/surveyed IQ. Smarter than the average African nation but still behind our country. If you examine the Igbo tribe, they generally get tests scores that match east asians.

Families and lines and tribes are far more sensible things to discriminate amongst than mere race, something which tries to put a Fresno methhead and a New York banker on the same level.

>reddit spacing
helloooo /r/atheism

Germany was the only nation that gave pensions to its African colonial troops after WW1.

>in 1964, the German government voted to give back-dated pay to all surviving Askaris from the German forces of the First World War. A temporary cashier's office was set up in Mwanza on Lake Victoria. Of the 350 old soldiers who gathered, only a handful could produce the certificates that Lettow-Vorbeck had given them in 1918. Others presented pieces of their old uniforms as proof of service. The German banker who had brought the money had an idea: asked each claimant to step forward, was handed a broom and ordered in German to perform the manual of arms. Not one man failed the test.

Paul von Lettow was a fucking hero. He made so many sacrifices to ensure that the military avoided civilian villages during their retreat, and gave the natives something to be proud about.

Man the Christmas Truces really go to show that World War I was by far the most pointless massive loss of life in history - guys who don't have a problem with each other forced to starve each other to death or be shot by each other by their governments and just get sick of it and risk getting killed by the enemy just to spend Christmas with them

I get fucking upset about how fucking retarded WWI was and I feel like such a baby getting triggered over something

it was a vital war for the greater good, goyim. You wouldn;t want to anger the investo- i mean your countrymen, riiiiitght?

Ah yes, this phase of adulthood. Post high-school immersion into politics, to the point of oversaturation. Come back in a few years when things have settled down a bit.

>in a large enough world there is somebody doing bad things at some time
>no good at all

My objection was his dismissal of the entire history of struggle and defeat and victory and back again.

All "decency" has been underwritten by titanic conflicts. If you can't accept the violent origins of "peace" or the tyrannical underpinnings of modern "freedom", you don't deserve either.

Without the meager courage it takes to look at mere words of the past with a stoic's gaze, how are you going to summon the proper courage to face (potentially) more intense challenges in the future?

I'm not against the noble or the nice or the beautiful. But you can't separate our sensitivity of such things from the vast history of personal,familial, and tribal conflicts in all their fucked up "glory".

This is the edgiest shit I read all day.

Tell me how it's edgy? The faggot OP is the ultimate coward. He wants the goodness of man without all the drives and experiences and calculations which inevitably lead to tribal conflicts.

I simply have no respect for someone with that mentality.

The fact that he repeats "Buzzfeed faggot" a lot really singles him out.
Because you sound like a teenage kid who wouldn't know real courage and probably is a cunt unable to do good unto others. Stop posting anytime.

I'm an Iraq veteran. I tend a garden outside my home. I help trap and spay homeless cats. I try to forget some memory and distract myself every day.

I like the nice things in life. But I also understand the foundations of violence underpinning all gardens

Honestly, if he had let the thread title as the standalone OP, I wouldn't be so butthurt. But claiming nightmares from reading...READING...about bad things in the past...

It just reminds me of the multitude of complete fucktards I've dealt with in life.

Fuck off /pol/

>OP is empathetic and is saddened by events of the past. He can relate suffering that other humans felt showing that he is a decent human being that has a genuine disdain for tragic and sad moments in history that are forced upon people.
>Wants to see good events in history and empathize with them as well, thus getting a balanced picture of humanity.
>Is a fucktard because he is emotionally balanced.
R u actually oartistick m8?
Also
>Iraq war vet
>Uses the phrase butthurt
>says shit like "I also understand the foundations of violence underpinning all gardens" unironically and probably thinks violence is a necessity of life when most people in the 21st century go through life having never even been in a playground fight.
Proofs of war user or never happened and you are a 13 Year old. Also your emphasis on violence and struggle suggests that you a probably a Fascist and if so and calm the fuck down, life is not that bad.

>OP is empathetic and is saddened by events of the past.

Nightmares from reading history. Are you fucking joking me?

>Wants to see good events in history and empathize with them as well, thus getting a balanced picture of humanity.

No he doesn't want a "balanced" picture of humanity. He wants to blacklist man as being "the worst creatures on Earth" for being man. He wants to be above the very grave situations that led to him being able to browse a Burmese python pulling board.

>Also your emphasis on violence and struggle suggests that you a probably a Fascist

Your entire fucking quality of living depends on the projection of military force to protect oceanic and land trade routes.

>But, as the Western Front moved eastwards and the Eastern Front moved westwards, the German armies making up both fronts backed towards each other. As a result, the area of control of Wenck's army to his rear and east of the Elbe River had become a vast refugee camp for German civilians fleeing the path of the approaching Soviet forces. Wenck took great pains to provide food and lodging for these refugees. At one stage, the Twelfth Army was estimated to be feeding more than a quarter million people every day.[10]
>Wenck's eastward attack toward Berlin was aimed specifically at providing the population and garrison of Berlin with an escape route to areas occupied by United States armed forces: "Comrades, you've got to go in once more," Wenck said. "It's not about Berlin any more, it's not about the Reich any more." Their task was to save people from the fighting and the Russians.
>and American general William Simpson (who should have been aware of the humanitarian consequences), successfully evacuated a large number of troops and civilians (which has been estimated, depending on the source, to range from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands), with Wenck himself being one of the last who crossed the river.

>novel thread idea de-railed by one autistic shitposter

a shame, I don't know any instances outside of those mentioned here and was interested

Actually if you read history you will realise that everything shitty in the world come from Anglos and Germanics, without them the world would be a paradise

*if you read Veeky Forums
Fixed that for you