Zen/Buddhism General

Let's talk dharma, mah dewdz

"You 4channers are always looking for your (You)'s. Look closer. There is no "you". The conventional reality is one of "you" making "your" post on "your" computer. But what makes it "your" post? If it's yours, then what part of you is doing the owning? Lurk moar faggot."

If there is no ego, what gets enlightened?

IIRC he doesn't mean that people literally do not exist, but more that the self is not defined by anything but the conscious experience of the moment.

Why does this board have no buddhists or people interested in buddhism?

What about responsibility for all my actions because of my transcendental radical free will.

It is mine because of my agency. I am an agent of karma. My actions are my own according to dharma.

>Responsibility for my actions
You're in the weeds bro
What's an action? What's responsibility?

>Stirner
Congratulations, you figured out that tautologies defeat logic. Guess you better go arbitrarily pick some that conform to your operatively conditioned conceptions of the good.

>What's an action?
Dharma

Your actions are your own and it is on yourself to unspook yourself. Any action performed on behalf of a spook is still your own, just not for yourself. The responsibility of your own action is to yourself. You as an agent of change performed an action with a consequence to you. You performed that action, the consequence of that action to you is your responsibility to yourself.

Sanskrit technical terms won't save you
>Karma
What acquires merit? What does that merit influence?
>Dharma
Which?

>karma means merit
do you even know what buddhism is besides reincarnation and cosmic retribution lel

yes
Which is how I know that these tangential considerations are distracting you from the actual path
Karma is the mechanism of action and merit in relation to samsara, as far as I know. But honestly, that shit doesn't really make a difference, after all
>shallow learning, deep enlightenment
>deep learning, no enlightenment
If you'd like a proof that knowledge is worthless I can give you that
Also since the buddhadharma is literally the LIBERATION from Samsara, Karma and eventually even Dharma (before the Path, one studies. When one goes beyond studying, this is called "nearness". When one goes beyond both of these, this is real going beyond)

(Continuing from the last sentence)
Then it doesn't seem necessary to study them.

Karma is literally action. Stop trying to ask retarded koans wut is karma lul.

How do you liberate yourself from shackles you are unaware of? You are implying it is the knowledge itself which are the shackles, not the subjects of the knowledge.

Ok, so what's action
I don't give a shit about technical terms just tell me what action is, because apparently you think such a thing exists. I'd like to know what one is.

Well yeah
Knowledge is useful at first, for learning about the Dharma
but after you know what to do (meditate, maybe read a sutra or two) it's just useless
The obstacles present themselves after contemplation
The doctrine stops being expressible in words pretty quickly

socrates pls

>Knowledge is useful at first
>but after you know what to do
>Then it doesn't seem necessary to study them.
Are you literally retarded? You just said you have to study them first. Meaning study is necessary.

Action is a basic word, if you dont understand the meaning of the word I cant explain it to you less than I can explain to you the meaning of green

In the same way that one has to walk before one can run
>Once you are running it is a waste of time to run
>"But you just said that you have to walk before you run, omg are you literally retarded?"

That so retarded on so many levels. It means yes, you have to learn how to walk. You can't just not learn how to walk and expect to run. And are you seriously implying you never walk and only run?

This process more resembles burning bridges behind you. Plus, if you can run forever, why bother to walk?

Honestly it sounds like the knowledge of not needing knowledge is holding you back.