Mining profits

So what gives /biz? Why doesn't everybody mine coins? I started last month and am already adding like 50-70$ a week to what I make. It's not a lot but I still need to get 5 more GPUs for my rig. What am I missing? It seems crazy scalable. Like 6 rigs in 6-8 months just off profit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U9JIanRXsfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boop

too high electricity costs, ascending mining difficulties..

What if the shit you're mining isn't as profitable in 6-8 months time? Good luck getting back that initial investment.

the only thing stopping me is the lack of AMDs or Nvidias on the market right now, because I don't want to pay double price for a card just because it's out of stock at the moment.

hows that electric bill doing?

look back a couple of months and see how much you would have made then with your hash rate.

While there is a bit of gold rush at this time, volatility keeps the more sane members of society away (i.e.: not me).
Also, a majority is still inoculated against it by simply being oblivious to the existence and/or the purpose of bitcoin

fud

HEEEEY GUYYYYYS

youtube.com/watch?v=U9JIanRXsfU

oh noes

I started mining a week ago on nicehash, seems too good to be true desu. I'll be less on edge once I actually see the BTC in my wallet. built a diy frame and currently have 4 1070s mining
Installing replacement mobo today in my pc and I'll mine with that when I'm sleeping/wage keking (have a 5th 1070 on standby that isn't mining due to lack of power connector {dual 8 pin})
Meeting with a guy for 6th 1070 today
Seems bretty gud idk
All power limited so pulling 20.75~ m/h at around 90 watts according to equihash, wall meter arriving Tuesday so I can get a more accurate reading
Oh and old apartment so utilities are included, not paying a cent for electricity

:-)
Microsoft azure vps - still haven't changed their terms of service to stop you firing up mining for your first month.
Enjoy, sorry to report the party is now over with google and amazon

Card is making 300$ a month but energy bill is like 30ish extra maybe

I'm mining ETH with each .05 going into my wallet.

bullshit what card makes 300$ a month with these prices

2 cards not one. I didn't count my gaming PC

Not him but my 1070 at 29.75 m/h on nicehash gets me around 3.25 a day so almost 100/month
Maybe he meant his rig with multiple gpus?
Elaborate pls the significance of this I'm new time lurker

Someone on Overclockers aust. bought 130 x 1080s. Wonder what he knows that I don't

Most cards now overpriced look like 3-5 months to pay themselves off. Still not a BAD ROI when talking investments.

How exactly does one mine? My electricity is included so I can use as much as I want. I also have enough money to buy a lot of equipment needed.
I'm planning for next time crypto becomes big again.

Why the fuck everyone talking about high electricity costs? Are they THAT high in yrop and murka? It's $0.08/kWh at my place and it can be ignored.

get wallet for crypto that can be mined with your hardware, download miner, find pool to mine with, start and direct it to your wallet.

Or download nicehash for complete I CANT COMPUTAH mining on rails if you can't be bothered to figure any of the stuff out for yourself.

€0.24/kWh Germoney

I got a bunch of 1070s in maplebux, I paid 500 for 3, 520 for 2 and 540 for 1 second hand on kijiji (think Craig's list)
Roughly 4 months to pay them off, 126 cad per month
Assuming they drop in price to around 400 it'll be just under a month to break even
Not bad imo
I think 1070s will have much better resale value than Polaris cards too
Power limited getting 29.75 mh/s per gpu drawing around 90 watts according to the equihash cmd. The rig is in my bedroom so thankfully it doesn't give off much heat as a result

Holy moly ravioli
Is all the electricity going to Mohammed's refugee asylum camp or something for it to be so much?

the benefits of green energy and weening out nuclear power
oh, and taxes on everything of course.

How much taxes is being spent to build cuck sheds?

Is that fucking ren rikka?

I'm mining DGB and/or DMD, depending on their current value and mining popularity. I'm also using two computers, each with an Nvidia 970 in it.

Before DMD mooned a few days back, I was mining maybe $5-6/day. However, now I'm at around $3-4/day, because either:
* DMD mining suddenly got popular and the number of miners doubled, increasing its difficulty and reducing my shares... in the past I was mining around 2 DMD/day total between both mining rigs, but now I can barely get 0.7 DMD/day with them.
* DGB mining is has gotten so much easier lately... I'm mining maybe 200 DGB/day... but too bad DGB is at it's worst value in months. I just hope it moons soon...

Anyways, despite their lower returns as of late, this is maybe the best I can get right now. I'd rather be mining Diamonds, but I gotta wait for all the moon miners to leave first so I can go back to mining 2 DMD/day...

Ya I want to seriously get into mining. Mullti rigs. I know one day I will run out of good GPU coins to mine. But there will always be services like GNT, ETH transaction, or something I can prob make profit off of.

mining in daytime using solar-panels keeps it free

I have 3 1070s that I'll be mining with in a couple of weeks. What are you mining right now?

Also, got any other tips?

I'm mining ETH might switch to zcash when I get another card. Google "what to mine crypto"

Isn't me
I think I already mentioned in the thread, I'm using nicehash
Mining on the Ethereum algorithm but getting paid by bitcoin

What you switching after it goes to POS?

I'm unfamiliar with that acronym, please elaborate?
Or are you assuming in the near future mining on nicehash won't be as profitable and I'll have to switch and you're asking what I'll switch to?

is it necessary to have good rig to mine? electricity is included in my payment so is there any reason not to mine on my shitty computer?

Position of stake

If you can you might as well!

I dunno lol
I'm sure it won't be a big deal

tfw gotta wait for the latest and greatest GPU after the big correction. These fuckers...

How does an idiot like me learn to mine? Assume I have access to free energy, I just want to learn how to set up a rig and get coins

Bro I can't tell if your memeing. And there are tons of guides! I started on a GTX 1060. It's frustrating at first but it's fun when you finally get it going. I just followed a YouTube guide