What is the greatest invention in history?

What is the greatest invention in history?

Sliced bread

The Sega Dreamcast.

fire

me

Money

Unironically the automobile

I shat finer shits than you.

Written language.

This allowed for the intact transmission of information from one generation to another, and broke the barrier of time in a way oral tradition never could.

yawn-tier:

>agriculture
>writing
>civilization
>fire
>language
>hand axe
>domestication

patrician-tier

>wraparound shades
>power glove controller
>gateway 2000 anykey
>things that explode
>anime
>1986 toyota corolla
>tanks

>1986 toyota corolla
My nigga

N I G H T O F F I R E
I
G
H
T

O
F

F
I
R
E

Anal sex.

Allow me to autistically one up you.
SPOKEN language.

really? when there are so many better and safer technologies that could fulfill the same function?

>No lasers

but that wasn't an invention. it arouse spontaneously

see /k/ for best inventions.

Name a single one.

Trains
Trollies+Bicycles+walking+not building cities so stretched out like they are now

Prove it.

None of those things are capable of taking me directly from my apartment to a cozy campsite in the woods in a timely/safer/more efficient manner, cityboy.

t. dixieboy

explain to me how to invent a language without any reference to any pre-existing language

A bike totally can. It's not as fast but it's a fuckton safer.

It's an instinct, not an invention. May as well say life was the best """invention""".

>thinking that any of these beat a car in any fashion
Kek

even Neanderthals probably had spoken language.

>en.wikipedia/org/wiki/Externalities_of_automobiles
you people really haven't thought very much about whether your shiny metal death traps are worth it do you?

>Driving a bike through city traffic
>to say nothing of the highway
>fuckton safer than a car
brah

I'd rather get rid of people and keep my car.
I can't help but notice that there's no "externalities of charitable aid to Africa" wiki article greenie, I why that is.

Fire, refrigeration, ironworking, and the wheel are all strong contenders.

language

>it's not safe in a world we designed around widespread of my mechanical deathtraps.rr

/thread

So how the fuck am I supposed to get to the woods on my bicycle when there are no goddamn roads hippy?

mountain bike

Speaking of, let's talk about mankind's greatest invention, roads, which didn't come about until 1885, the same year the automobile was invented because we all know that the only reason to have roads is for cars.

Probably the Miata.

The thermos. It keeps hot things hot AND cold things cold. How do it know?

also the only reason we have roads is because of the government. There were no roads before the government made them. thank you government!

Dirt track roads used by farmers with ox drawn carts are not the same thing as the modern highway system dumbass.
Obviously roads existed as far back as the goddamn bronze age, that doesn't do me much good if THERE'S NO ROAD GOING TO WHERE I WANT TO GO, because there's truck based shipping infrastructure to justify building roads connecting virtually every corner of the country together.

I fucking HATE having to break down concepts that seem obvious to me yet apparently are akin to the mysteries of the universe to dumb fucking hippy faggots.

>speech
>invention

Man, I love this invention called "stereoscopic vision". Let's me read all the stupid bullshit you post.

The circuit, without it electronic technology would never explode like it today.

The snuggie

>You now realize a circuit in actuality is a sigil used to summon and channel the will of the infernal spirits whose true names are inscribed by their boundaries, and we live in a Satanic age of ubiquitous witchery without even realizing it.

8 O'Clock! Day One!

>Money
/endthread

noobs at linguistics, probably people who say 'i love chomskys linguistic work' while saying they either like or dislike chomsky doesn't really matter which

86 is the chassis not the model year