Why don't you buy oil stocks?

Oil = shit low
Finite resource = will at some point be shit high

You have 10 seconds to explain yourselves

Other urls found in this thread:

data.worldbank.org/indicator/EG.ELC.COAL.ZS
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ANT
cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/oilsands-workers-worry-driverless-trucks-will-haul-away-their-jobs-1.3832921
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fracking

i invest in the future, not the past

nothin personel kid

Libya and Nigeria

Because companies like tesla are proving to be renewable, profitable, and don't poison Mother Earth.

Thx, don't look in battery factories pls :^)

natural gas
nuclear
coal
renewables like hydro, solar, wind

there are way too many alternatives. oil is only a small part of energy policy going forward

If the Economy around the world picks up then oil will be expensive side again. Right now there's too many poor people.

You're right, oil as an energy source may soon wither away. But for now it's not going anywhere. Plus the oil industry provides plastics and all sorts of shit that we don't burn. All of which will be in higher demand once earth has less poor fags.

>profitable
top kek
I haven't laughed this hard in a while

Finite supply of oil could very well last past my lifespan

>Finite resource = will at some point be shit high

not true. the stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones.

Oil storage warehouses.

Almost no growth

BUY SEADRILL

SDRL

If you care about your future retirement, lambos and hoes, buy as much SDRL as you can get your hands on

it's over for Oil,

look at what China and India are doing with solar and electric vehicles,

the big money names got out of oil 5 years ago, the writing is on the wall.

>my feces are an extremely finite resource, thus will be priced high

the_city_of_you.jpeg

>Not buying a portable sea oil rig

Not really how mining companies work mate but feel free to bump prices.

Limit reserve often means limited company life before anything.

Uhhh god you guys are really a bunch of Liberal Hipsters aren't you?

Face it. Renewable Energy is shit you Eurofags.

If it's not nuclear it's not the future.

:( The Renewable Energy Scam... setting us back 100 Years.

Not the first time you Eurofags have done this to the Planet either.

Look what you bunch of Scam Artists did during the Middle Ages. Does the Crusades ring any bells?

finite resource != finite energy

Nuclear power is gonna take over within the next few decades (more so than already). All the FUD generated from the dark ages of before the internet is coming to a stop.

People who thinks ill about nuclear powerplants are in the same group as mongoloids and flatearthers.

They are closing down the Three Mile Island Nuclear Plant because it is too expensive to run.

Coal is literally cheaper. Suck it Millennial.

The question really is... why the fuck would you want Nuclear when there is Coal.

But because dinosaurs died right ?

Well sure but there are several things that Coal is made from. Unfortunately Organic Material seems to be Nature's Way.

Coal? What are we in the industrial revolution?

Paper? What are we in, the Victorian Era?

What kind of bullshit argument are you swinging European?

Oil has halved in price over the last 10 years while electric cars are becoming more viable in developed nations.
I don't see oil prices back over $100 a barrel until we are running out just from lubrication / plastics usage.

Why the fuck is coal as an energy source being brought up in the 21st century? Today we can harness the sun's energy, meanwhile you're being a trumpfag talking about coal.

>Why the fuck is coal as an energy source being brought up in the 21st century?
Because it still produces more than 40% of the worlds energy?
data.worldbank.org/indicator/EG.ELC.COAL.ZS

Why must uneducated people always think their opinion is relevant?

What a Naive Little Shit we got here. I'm sorry to tell you this but sometimes the Old Ways are the Best Ways.

Harness the Energy from the Sun. Take a guess on how much of the Sun's Energy actually hits this Planet.

Then realize you must divide it among the Entire Surface of the Planet.

Then consider that Half of the Day it can't even generate Electricity.

Then consider that if you wish it to run 24/7 then you will need to buy Expensive Battery Technology that will be Outdated & Cheaper in 5 months to Store that Energy.

Then realize the monstrous amount of Surface Area that it Consumes.

Then realize we could have used the Land for Farming instead.

Looking from a "Death per gigawatt " perspective nuclear power is at the very bottom along with hydroplants (even the production of solar panels is more dangerous).

Way up on the list is coal. Right below oil.

And lets not forget about CO2.

Anyway the real reason the power plant is too expensive is because of the politicial system favoring the 1% and their wealth source = oil.

But that is soon coming to an end.

tl;dr:
kek americans cant afford to run nuclear plant that literally runs itself.

Death per Kilowatt. Ohh good lord. These people don't care about Energy Prices.

They simply care about Liberal Snobbery. Some day you kids will have to grow up.

Yeah and asbestos is still a great material to insulate your house with.

Im not here to educate biggotry

The only Biggot is you. You Devour the Entire Planet to Glad-Hand yourselves about what a good job you are doing.

I live in a Town with less than 300 People. You only think you are helping. I can see your Bullshit from a Million Miles away.

We don't have time around here to shuffle around each others Good Will. We actually gotta get shit done!

Asbestos is still used in truck brakes because nothing else comes close to its thermal energy absorption except for carbon-carbon which is orders of magnitude more expensive.

You should really educate yourself to overcome these emotional responses you seem prone to.

I have stock in trans-Canada pipe
It's painfully slow growing though Trump helped it out a lot
Natural gas is killing oil though
10 years ago Oil was king shit, if you had bought in the 80-90s you'd be set up

>gotta get shit done
>sits on Veeky Forums

ok.

Just made a 15% Gain while telling you how it is my boy.

You are reading me waaaaay off and you are revealing yourself too.

You argument has no point. Either pro-coal or anti-nuclear.

What the fuck how triggered are you?

Triggered? I'm paying $.053/KwH this Month kiddo. We use Coal around here.

We don't have time for your Bullshit Energy. We actually need Power...24/7.

Sure but my penis will always be 1 inch longer/thicker.

Is this really where we ended up?

Thrilling.

Angry kid results to Personal Attacks. I don't think we have to give this one much attention.

We know you have a Micropenis.

You know that the entirety of the human race cannot be sustained? We stepped out of Darwins principle once we started taking care of old and our sick - prolonging our lives etc.

What makes you think you arent, in some shape or fashion, in a group; that is not sustainable?

Eventually we will all end there. But I guess being an online narcissist makes it better.

You seemed to fail to locate the analogy between "I just made gains" to "I have bigger penis".

It's basically the same kiddo.

It is you people in the City that are unsustainable. We're out here living with TONS OF UNUTILIZED OPEN LAND.

You City People depend on our Open Land for Farming. If it weren't for the Rural Areas then you would have No Food.

The City People are a Growth on the back of the Rural Areas and from your High Horse you want to decide what Electricity we get to use.

I don't want to pay your fucking $.4/KwH Horseshit. I like my Rate NOW! Why the fuck do I want to pay to Subsidize Solar?

I never said that city people are sustainable. The university/academy- circle-jerk is this planets downfall.

The movie "Interstellar" hit the future of our world dead on as per educaton versus food-making.

Dude... you mistook me for a solar guy. Im a nuclear guy.

Im not gonna argue with you anymore - we arent that far from each other. But you were way to quick to pen me and you got it wrong.

Dont get so triggered user. go get your gains

Yeah I'm sorry man. I'm nicer than I seem. I will watch that movie because I am interested now.

I will stop the Triggering. Good luck to you my brother!

btw. what online broker would you guys suggest for buying and selling stocks?
look's like it's rock bottom right now, what's the news around it?

As for interstellar its only the first 20/30 minutes. Its about spaceflight and the earth dying, basically. So I hope you like sci-fi.

Also..
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ANT

ANT is making some weird movements... do you understand this?

Order Book kind of Empty on Buy Side. Seems like a Bid to a Low Entry would be the wise decision.

Make sure the Sell Orders are gone before you Execute.

Actually a bagholder :( Currently my game is to dump most of my bags and buy up cheap ANS and longterm invest into some good tech.

I almost forget why I have these now.

Thanks for your input :)

How bad are you in? What are you Down so far?

I did, I'm down 50% on some of these stocks. I didn't think oil could go below 52$/bbl but it sure did.

Now would be a good entry point but the problem with oil companies is they have huge amounts of debt and it's hard to say for sure which companies will both have room to grow (not XOM) or will survive to see prices go up (not RIG).

Another thing to consider is US shale depletes rapidly and they are all drilling and fracking like crazy right now. Maybe 5-10 years top, they don't have a long-term future.

My long-term oil investments would be oil sands and Permian basin. The latter because I think new technologies can liberate more oil from tired old plays if it's close to the surface.

Day-Trading is where it's at. Just letting your Investment sit is disturbing to me.

Need to be Scalping Out those extra few Cents.

Its not bad at all, I tend to use "bagholder" too much.

Im in 350 at 0.00116542. Theyre some of my leftovers from when I learned to "diversify".

Obviously I started all this crypto during a bullrun. Im still getting used to deal with crash weekends and bear markets.

At least I dont sell low.

I cut my Losses constantly. I'm trying to Day-Trade and Scalp Out every single Penny that I can from the Market Volatility...

I make Money during the Bear Market like I did this Weekend. I buy at the LOW LOWS and then Sell for what I can get.

I cut the losses the moment they become obvious. Order Book tells me everything I need to know.

If there is a Huge Sell Wall then it is going to go down. If there is a Huge Buy Wall then it is going to go up.

Gotta keep in mind they can Cancel their Orders so you have to have a Memory.

It's kind of like playing the Card Game, Canasta.

Anyway I win ~80% of the time... 1-3% for Losses and 1-10% for Gains.

Oil sands? Really? What makes you think that?

My wife is from Alberta, the 2nd largest oil sand reserve in the world? Maybe the 3rd.

The extraction is very expensive - compared to pretty much all other oil types.

Automation also cutting down the work force (but I suppose that helps the overall pricings in the long run).
cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/oilsands-workers-worry-driverless-trucks-will-haul-away-their-jobs-1.3832921

You think oil sands will become relevant before the "new age" of solar, hydro (waves) and nuclear? It's possible that Nigeria will get its act together - if only to cover the time between now and "new age".

I think oil sands have an extremely small window of relevance - if any. But Id like to hear your input

I don't have free brokerage in my country. Anyways, I have iron hands, I consider my usual stock investments to be risk-free. If I day trade it's usually buying JNUG and JDST at the same time and selling the volatility, the market has just been really boring lately.

Oil is very volatile but its always a wild-ass guess if it will go up or down. At least with gold you know the market will trade when there is blood in the streets. Oil prices come from news reports and inventory reports you cannot possibly bee quick enough to respond to before the prices change. Oil is frustrating as fuck to daytrade or swing trade in as a retail investor.

Nice! Id like to get to that point - but Im already pretty much consumed by this market. Its so seducing. I spend so much time doing this I can barely find time to do much else.

Everyday I copy/paste bittrex index to compare volumes - to stay out of recently pumped ones - to look for coins that see steady or no growth (or little negative) to ensure SOME stability (if not, depending on the chart) at least some gains.

Ive done what you did - but with smaller amounts - like 0.015 btc. 2 days ago I did two such trades within an hour and probably made 20$ off both.

If I had to do it fulltime I think I would go crazy. id rather use a bigger amount- but I fear it would be harder to "get out" again when bigger volume.

Keeping track of fake buy/sell walls is not too bad - its the bots that bother me. I have no idea when Im about to spot one - and dont always know how Im losing money because of them.

Unfortunate. Then that Market is not Day-Tradable to any reasonable degree.

My start was Penny Stocks many many many years ago. Pretty godly at it.

Getting out is simple. Just take what you can get. Every time I try to get that EXACT PRICE I miss my Target.

When I see the thing Flipping and the Seller Volume increases dramatically I just sell it to the Best Offer I can get at the time.

The other Sellers will Out-Bid me otherwise and I could get stuck.

Also another thing that a lot of Newbies get in trouble with is Channels. Rich people will create a Channel in a Low-Volume Currency.

They will Park their Giant Buy Wall at a certain Price Point and then Sell them as Small Orders back to the same people keeping you trapped at that Price for a Loss.

The way to avoid this is to only go for Low Entry Points & ensure High Volume. Also check against the Order Book for a Large Player shifting Units around.

Yeah when oil prices make extraction possible, oil sands will be where it's at, there are simply massive quantities of it and the slowness of extraction creates a natural bottleneck for supply. So prices would go high and stay high and the oil sands companies will not worry so much about price volatility, or producing so much that they will excessively flood the market like the frackers and shale oil guys are doing.

Also, there are newer refining methods, they stew the sands in a """non-toxic""" solvent in a closed system, they get """clean""" sand and petroleum and it's inexpensive, maybe 35-40$/bll cost. It's quite scalable.

Anyways, renewables are worth investing in too, but electric cars are still shitty and expensive and rely on toxic rare earth metals. They require a lot of energy to manufacture. You think the lithium mines are run by renewable energy or electric ore trucks?

Petroleum demand is projected to continue to rise as far as they can realistically project and is going to see probably several harsh price shocks before demand even starts to go down. The glut of oil we have now is just temporary.

I have been caught in this a couple of times. Oh the greed!!
I now better today.

Ive seen these walls. But is there a way to keep track of them? Or, as you said, just have the memory I guess.
I use my bittrex index to avoid high-volume/recently spiked coins

Volume is a good thing. It makes Crazy Manias/Spikes happen.

I just memorize when I see the Big Players moving Units to different Prices. Also if I see someone Cancel a HUGE STACK it could mean they are Selling them so readjust your Bid immediately.

Anyway it's a pretty good way to do it. A lot less Risk involved.

Like right now. ANS... Look at the 1 Minute Chart. Look at the Channel that we are in.

Nothing about his is Natural. One Big Player with Buys and Sells on Both Sides.

Both ready to pull the plug whenever it suits them.

I accumulate whenever I free up BTC from my other "diversifyings". sub 305 seems like a good area to re-invest.

Althought the next conference isnt until the 14th. So we could see some bigger dips for accumulation... maybe.

>20-30% efficiency
>expensive as fuck
>needs to be replaced
>needs fucktons of room to be practical

BUT ITS SUHNSHINE N SHEEEIIITT

I shifted all my oil stocks to solar stocks years ago.

sorry

>If the Economy around the world picks up
I'll take thing that ain't gonna happen for 1000 Alex

Because fracking provides a price ceiling and it will be the last available source of oil anyway. Meaning prices won't really go up from here, we'll just transition off of it.

I work in oil and gas. The oil industry here was booming a lot harder when oil was 15 bucks a barrel. Shit is struggling to stay afloat now. The money has left.

Because it's cheap as fuck. With widespread cheap coal you could get China tier rates for consumers enabling cheap crypto mining.

Tesla's stock has gone up 1000% in the past 5 years.

I don't think anybody is willing to wait 45 years for oil to run low on quantity

Are you retarded?