Childhood is day trading

childhood is day trading

adulthood is realizing the holders are right

>just hold the dogshit as it goes down to 1sat guise
- you, a faggot losing money

just because you're incapable of daytrading doesn't mean everybody is

99% of people are incapable of day trading. There is an overwhelmingly high possibility that you just got lucky and you will eventually get fucked over.

This.

see what I mean? They're so new.

Only day trade BTC. Everything else is too risky and irregular.

Have fun holding DGB, it'll go back up to ATH any time now

Day trade to accumulate coins I plan to hold long. BTC eth and nmr

Fuck yeah then I'm the 1% ? From 500 ANS to 1k2 ANS by daytrading. This shit is the best coin for day trading, but my only strategy is "stay calm it's just numbers on a screen"

sour grapes

>daytrading China's designated manipulation coin

why wouldn't you daytrade a coin undergoing known manipulation? are you stupid? do you hate money?

all you "buy and hold" clowns get eaten alive in a bear market btw

>ID: You

holding is what you do between trades
holders are just unsuccessful traders

Because the bottom could fall out at any moment, it's happened a few times now.

>You

1. Day trading doesn't mean going all in randomly on different coins/trends everyday, it usually means checking in for a couple hours and buying/selling per your research/intuition

2. You don't need luck to click "sell" when you're up and "buy" when you see that it will probably go up. You have no idea what you're talking about. You are just as likely to get "unlucky" buying one coin this year as you are buying every day. The advantage of day trading in crypto is that you can limit your losses and the fees are relatively low. Day trading stocks is hard as fuck because even for volatile markets the fees can shit on you and you have a lot more competition.

3. The alternative to day trading isn't holding. Holding crypto is pants on head retarded. You "believers" are just the nerd version of punks wearing a tattoo. You can buy bitcoin to spend it on drugs, that makes sense, but if it's an investment and you "hodl" while it loses 10,20,30% and you could have just moved your money back into fiat or a growing coin, then you failed miserably and you should feel bad. The bigger failure is selling at a loss and then seeing it go back up, but it's still all negative.

Idiot sighted

>tfw you realize the whales are in control
This was all a big shakeout to lower prices across all crypto in order to start the pumps over again. Get ready boys we about to moon

Childhood is gambling
Adulthood is bagholding
Enlightment is investing

What you retarded daytraders seem to have trouble understanding is that holders don't just buy random shitcoins like you do and ride them to the bottom, they buy based on value and actually understand the tech, i.e. treat it as an investment. If you have no faith or knowledge in the technology then you shouldn't be buying in the first place.

In the US day trading between cryptos are each taxable events since cryptos are not treated as like-kind exchanges (thanks IRS jews), so each time you trade you need to record and pay short term cap gains tax. This makes day trading highly expensive.

no one on this board understands any of that bullshit

>Daytrading
>Buying a coin during a bull market

Try making money during a bear market. Try making money for years on end. You aren't "day trading" you got lucky

Holding is a meme for newfags.

All my coins slowly bled out this month.

Do not get fucked, I recovered alot by nmr.

Learn to read 1 minute candles. That is the best fucking advice.

Wrong

>muh value
>muh tech
LOL i bet you bought dgb at 1500 sat, guaran-fucking-teed

>based on value
okay, run the numbers on what the value of bitcoin should be.

It's all based on hype, but some dev teams/groups are better at selling themselves than others, and bitcoin in particular has been taken seriously for its innovative tech.

What you retarded holders don't understand is that investments are executed to make money, not a stupid fucking statement about how much you "actually understand" about the tech. Nobody understands any more than what the articles and blogs and github say, and nobody can tie that information back to an accurate prediction of the price. Maybe the general trend, yeah, but to no definitive magnitude or timeframe.

Holding is effective for proven, stable, dominating stocks. If you hold long term in any crypto, you're either lazy or your attention span is trash. Even if you want to suck the devs cock, why can't you figure out to pull out on a crash and buy in lower? "I'll get unlucky hehe" yeah well there's the difference between us.

Honestly the peeps who've made money dont really believe in the tech. They're just riding the hype trains (DGB, ARK) as far as they can, getting idiots to keep buying in. Once the steam runs out they dump and move on to the next one

>LOL i bet you bought dgb at 1500 sat, guaran-fucking-teed
Nope, I'm not retarded so I never touched that shitcoin. If you're this bad at predicting things you definitely shouldn't be daytrading you idiot.

Sure you didn't, bagholder

Confirmed for buying DGB at 1600 sat because MUH TECH, MUH VALUE

Buying and holding is a suckers strat for retards that still believe in random walk theory

Yeah this is what smart people do.
Idiots are the ones who pretend that their "tech" has intrinsic value.
Hell, not even in the world of business does the best tech come out on top, and that sure as hell isn't going to be the case for a market like cryptos where it's ALL based on what people feel.

Investing in Coca-Cola is a longterm hold.
Investing in the next random shitcoin with "INNOVATIVE TECH" isn't.

So you admit that you don't understand the technology or understand why it would have any value, but trade anyway because you think you can outsmart the market? You're all going to fucking die in the upcoming bear market.

kek, did you get burned by DGB little coinlet? Should have listened to the smart anons who were warning you.

Oh I meant to say best idea, not best tech.
Not just ideas too but also product.

>You're all going to fucking die in the upcoming bear market.
um no sweetie, the buy and hodlers are the only ones who are going to lose money in a bear market. sorry honeybuns

>kek, did you get burned by DGB little coinlet? Should have listened to the smart anons who were warning you.
i only mention dgb because cucks like you were squawking incessantly about MUH TECH and MUH VALUE right before it plunged down like 80%, i know your type.

most intelligent daytraders made a hefty profit off of retarded "muh shitcoin tech" and "muh blockchain revolution" idiots like you

wisdom is buying meme

This. Learn what a hammer candlestick pattern is and you'll get rich

What value? Bitcoin has a higher market cap than fucking Ford Motor Company. Crypto is a giant meme, if you aren't actively trading then don't bother, you will never make money investing long term in this ridiculously overhyped market.

>um no sweetie, the buy and hodlers are the only ones who are going to lose money in a bear market. sorry honeybuns
The entire point of the HODL meme is not to panic sell at a loss, which is what you will doing a lot of in a down market.

>i only mention dgb because cucks like you were squawking incessantly about MUH TECH and MUH VALUE right before it plunged down like 80%, i know your type.
If you can't spot a shill you're either new or incredibly dumb. Nobody smart recommend dbg because it's a turd. You could have verified this for yourself at any time while it was being shilled by doing minimal research.

>Crypto is a giant meme, if you aren't actively trading then don't bother, you will never make money investing long term in this ridiculously overhyped market.
t. bitcoin trader circa 2013

You're pretty dense. The technology behind whatever cryptocurrency you're investing in doesn't matter. Holding entails more risk than day trading. You think you can outsmart the market by doing research?

>The entire point of the HODL meme is not to panic sell at a loss
I don't sell at losses, but hodl fags don't sell at all until the coin is at 1sat

lmao enjoy holding those bags my random-walk retarded friend

Not exactly. Each trade is taxable, and you do have to record them, but the short-term tax has to be paid roughly every 3 months, not like every time you make a trade. It's a bit of a pain, but it's the same thing that stock traders have to go with, only we get much better gains

>admit you don't understand
You're a fucking goon. The ONLY way to make money is by buying and selling. Whether you believe in one thing or another makes no fucking difference. if your approach to trading assets is "I know something they don't" you already lost, because it's no longer about money or markets and it's just some teenage ego bullshit. You literally have no leverage or chance at a rebuttal in this particular "argument" because 1. Holding and day trading are not exclusive to some type of person, most can do both, and 2. The price of EVERY coin has dropped by 10-50% just as often as it has seen big increases. If you think trading between these cycles is "luck" then good luck arguing what you do has any more merit. You're literally defending having your net worth fluctuate on any given day by double digits. Retard.

>t. bitcoin trader circa 2013
go ahead then, tell me what fundamentals you are considering when you decide that bitcoin should not only be considered more valuable than the largest automotive company in America, but should also be expected to continue rising long term as an investment. And avoid using meaningless meme phrases like "understand the underlying technology" if you want me to take you seriously.

Untill the market bulls

>it usually means checking in for a couple hours and buying/selling per your research/intuition

What exactly do you mean by 'research' here? I'm assuming you're the type of person who believes they don't use technical analysis when trading.

If you mean research into fundamentals, then I don't see how you can talk down to someone who holds and invests based on fundamentals as well. If you look to fundamentals to give you parameters about what you should "believe" to be a coin's "fair value", then you "believe" something about this tech as well.

Why bother selling at 1 sat? Just hodl

National currencies will begin to transition into the blockchain, the imf will push for that very soon, and bitcoin with its limited supply and reliability will take the place of gold in the digital economy.

>National currencies will begin to transition into the blockchain,
lol bitcoin and ethereum are barely engineered well enough to scale to current usage

a "national currency" blockchain would be sized on the order of several terabytes, get the fuck out of here

Some markets get delisted on bittrex/polo and go to 1sat and stay there permanently on yobit

>muh word salad
Your post could have just been "evaluating for long term is similar to evaluating for short term"

I think the answer to your shitpost is already in this thread somewhere, but I'll reiterate: the "fundamentals" of cryptography and blockchain development are not necessarily linked to any particular team, coin, or company. The price of crypto coins is not necessarily linked to any "understanding" of the underlying technology, unless you are only competing with other turbo nerds at very low volumes. And if you are, you should be already be rich from a number of tech investments if not developing them yourself.

The scope of crypto day trading looks at the very clear cycles in price, volume, and whether or not there is chatter. We all have a general understanding of the "value" of this technology but that only gives us the advantage of avoiding blatant scams. Understanding does not help to predict volatility. Understanding does not justify holding an asset which has been dropping for a month, even if you eventually recover your investment or make solid returns. And it doesn't matter who you are or how you trade or what yo believe in, the measure of your ability in this context is how much you make, which (to me) is harder if you restrict how often or when you sell.

you still have to pay like 20% on the gains on each trade correct? god I hate the US government

Yeah but it works out about the same in practice, compared to paying only on cash gains. The main annoying thing is that making big crypto gains forces you to cash out at least enough to cover your profits (or to have enough fiat on hand to pay your taxes).

Paying more CGT means you have made more money

Maybe not national currencies but special drawing rights and other foreign exchange reserve assets will be transitioned to the blockchain in the near future and that will give a huge push to bitcoin.

>The scope of crypto day trading looks at the very clear cycles in price, volume, and whether or not there is chatter. We all have a general understanding of the "value" of this technology but that only gives us the advantage of avoiding blatant scams. Understanding does not help to predict volatility. Understanding does not justify holding an asset which has been dropping for a month, even if you eventually recover your investment or make solid returns. And it doesn't matter who you are or how you trade or what yo believe in, the measure of your ability in this context is how much you make, which (to me) is harder if you restrict how often or when you sell.

This kind of leads to why I made that remark about technical analysis. Part of the holder's psyche is the belief that there is absolutely no way to time market. Biz frequently talks down to any sort of technical analysis.

The only way to time getting out before increased amounts of volatility and further prices drops, is to assume that markets are not random, and that you can in fact make judgments based off chart movement/volume history (the central arguments around TA), along with listening to 'chatter', as you mention.

To understand why people don't like to sell is because they don't believe there is anyway to time a market, as they think it's random. Therefore, their only option is to research on the fundamentals of technology: What is it? What uses could it have? Is there any outsider interest? Things like that are what holders focus on, because it's they have. They think they've bought in to value that the market has not fully recognized through price. That value being the potential use for this technology.

If you cannot time the market, you should not sell.

Sorry, I seem to have forgotten to tag your comment.

the thing is, for large coins like BTC/ETH, this probably works- because you have so many players in the system acting together

but for smaller coins, a whale that holds 20% can fuck shit up that is, for our purposes, random- because we cannot predict what one person will do like we can a large group

that is a fair point

Hahaha I love the Twitter meme frog! Yeah guys just hold! Your irrelevant and depreciating coin will moon anytime now! Just you see all these coins will be good in the long run!!!!

you seem chill
we need more people like you on biz

TA in the form of meme lines and "signals" is a coin toss. Day trading shouldn't be seen as timing anything, at least not anymore than buying and holding. People who bought at 2800 probably believed they were "understanding the fundamentals" but either lost money or are holding onto an asset which is less valuable than when they ****understood****. You're still completely missing the point. I'm not attacking the holder for thinking he's playing it safe, I'm attacking him for losing money. If a day trader loses money consistently, he's just as fucking dumb. My bigger point is that most traders do both, but I personally disagree with any long position because literally every rise is followed by a swift decline, and literally every coin is fueled largely by empty promises rather than something we can actually evaluate. To make a superficial statement about how smart you are about the technology doesn't speak to investing in volatile assets in any way. VCs in tech are always talking in retarded language about how every little project they invest in is a game changer. i will back off a bit and say holding onto bitcoin is rational, but there is no added risk to trading more frequently given the same information. I see "holding" as some kind of child's battle with impulsive behavior, and it begs the question of whether or not the guy impulsively bought the coin in the first place. A man who wants solid, long term investments has a million+ better opportunities out there to keep his money in. Most people here think they'll just suddenly get rich in a year or two if they're patient. Okay, we'll see, but if your shit is dying and now you need a 200% increase just to break even, then you clearly made the wrong move up to this point.

Made a ICO investment of 300$ bucks... 1,5 years later its 6000$ with fucking huge news coming for later summer and winter... for some reason coins is not talked about on Veeky Forums

Meanwhile kids play for 10% increase daytrading.

> herp derp user you just found a lucky coin.

No anons i read white paper/researched team/researched roadmap/researched ico tearms.

>Biz can't see the gold mine even if it hits them in the face!

Chan coin have you heard it Veeky Forums
Managed to mine some K coins the very fist day and bought 1 BTC worth when it was 0.02 cents. Some days ago it was 0.2 sold gradually and made around 10 BTC. + 1 more from mining. That is near 10 000% ROI just from the trade.

Fellow anons struggle to make a 10% increase...

>Learn to read 1 minute candles.
ITS CRASHING