Is 5 BTC enough to just hold for 20-30 years then retire off of?

Is 5 BTC enough to just hold for 20-30 years then retire off of?

What do you think biz?

ya bitcoin will be 5-10million each in 30years

>20-30 years

YOu can put 10k in an IRA and add $100 a month and in 30 years you are set for retirement.

lol fuck off grandpa

and it will only cost $30,000 to send any amount of bitcoin!

no in 20-30 years bitcoin will be worthless

>holding
>hoping to make money just doing nothing

I want to start with saying I don't want to spread FUD on purpose, but keep this in mind. Many of these coins:
1. Are claimed to be overvalued by actual tech developers
2. Challenging the banks which haven't lost since their inception because they're basically the nervous system of the economy
3. Are being traded by mostly NEETs who don't want to work for $$$. Think about all the people who are trading these coins, and I means thousands if not millions of people. How many of them actually understand the tech and promises vs. how many just want to make a quick buck off the dog eat dog-ness of it. If that doesn't imply a bubble idk what does (remember part of a bubble is not knowing you're in one)
4. There's also the case of it just being "ahead of its time" in a bad way. Sure these markets can develop, but they have to correspond to society and be actually useful for money to go into it, and that means either crushing or adopting current money services like Paypal while being simple enough to get normies to use it.

That being said, I don't underestimate the power of dumb people with dumb money. I mean you can argue all these points about bitcoin, but it's still at 2000+. But keep in mind this market is still young, and it's unlike any other market. It will either get snuffed out or the government will try to get their jewgrips on it or punish you with taxes, which haven't even really been put in real effect like stocks are.

say a hypothetical scenario happens
>china or the us or any country bans bitcoin or crypto on their country since terrorist uses them
who the actual fuck would stand up to it? does it have clout? nobody with actual power would actually say you cant do that

crypto is at the mercy of everything since nobody actually backs it

So do you think its a bad idea to just hold 5 BTC for 20-30 years i mean it can't hurt right?

No it is a great idea but it's a hail mary play.

>Is 5 BTC enough to just hold for 20-30 years then retire off of?

no. you'd need the price to appreciate by 20% year over year for 30 years to have $2.3m USD.

At 10% y/o/y its only 175k USD.

21 BTC

Let's imagine (unrealistically) that 5 bitcoin will be a fortune then.

So you're going to just what, wait around for 20-30 years? Live at your parents? You might as well do something with yourself in the meantime. Have a career. Make something of your life, forget the bitcoin. That's not going to bring you happiness, ever.

Btc will be obsolete by then

that only worked last century when we had a functioning economy

IRA is a joke now...

It will be obsolete way before then

norn iron will rise again!

>boomer advice

or you could put 10k in cryptocurrency, add $0 per month, and retire in 3 years.

whats the next blockchain

>since nobody actually backs it
how about everyone who buys and sells drugs online? there's at least two people who actually use buttcoins to buy drugs, which is why it's still here after 8+ years of people trying to squash it. it's baffling how many of you retards never take that into account.

Nope you gotta use the coins for value to be generated.

most retarded post Ive ever seen
like wtf was THAT?

but terrorist, thieves, rapist, cultist what ever you want to call them already are using cryptos.

You have the silk roadm and probably any sort of illegal store front on the deep web trading in some sort of crypto currency.

I don't know about holding btc for 20 or 30 years. Depends on how technology develops. Remember bitcoin is an encryption....if that is ever hacked then it will become worthless. Were still supposed to be years away from being able to do that....but one day it will happen and something else will over take btc. You need to keep up on the markets. If the governments thought they could shutdown crypto they would have by now. It is a threat to the banks and America was founded by criminals....they will have no problem using crypto in defiance of the government....enough of them anyways. And you guys separating criminals and governments is kind of funny to me....they're really mirrors of each other....but perhaps its just my perspective is different since i am the product of CIA and criminals.

>bitcoin is an encryption
top kek m8

What a shit fuck post

BTC will be worth 10k in a year

>America was founded by criminals
Did you mean to say Australia?

Nope. Its about perspectives.....hero's that were liberating the oppressed colonists to Americans and unruly heathens to the British....every man who signed the declaration of independence of signing his own death warrant if they didn't win.

10/10
super edgy
I almost thought you were older than 14

If it gets world wide adoption then they'll be worth 6 figures minimum.

I do wonder what the next defacto crypto standard will be once BTC inevitably goes the way of the dinosaur

why ? what the hell is going to stop it? Apart from some scare hacks (banks havve those too) there are easy ways to get around govt interference. Also it is more open to everyone and unregulated. The question is will the stock market be around in 20-30 years

say what you want but it's better to be informed and understand your risks than to rely on this being your crutch for the future, coins should only be bought with "disposable income" after all but plenty of anons are in the hole over being shit with trading.

Yours is the best crypto strategy, though keep abreast of news

Wrong, no coiner. 1 million per BTC is crazy, but absolutely in the realm of possibility.

Why would you want to retire? What will you do all day?
Arbeit macht frei

If I had done this with Ethereum last year, I'd be dead from all the STDs I contracted fucking hookers in my lambo

It'll be worth trillions in 5 years after the fed will buy it all, so you only need 0.001 to retire to your own island.

please tell me I will be able to buy house and car and and continue to being a NEET

I hold 13 BTC

pls

>t will either get snuffed out or the government will try to get their jewgrips on it or punish you with taxes, which haven't even really been put in real effect like stocks are.
Here it's taxed for 50%.

aim for 21 bitcoins OP
thats the latest meme

we finna be rich my niggas