Saw a thread yesterday about something like >shit poor people do

Saw a thread yesterday about something like >shit poor people do
lmao. How about "don't make a lot of money". All these ridiculous scrimping and saving schemes like eating like a peasant and minimizing your use of shit etc. is infinitesimal in comparison to the act of actually making a shitload of money. Succumbing to the idea that you must save your precious pennies while you're still young enough to earn them is submitting to the notion that you're a fucking worker ant. How about just put your mind to the task, and start trying to make fuckloads of money? lol.

tl;dr

No you're always right
They make me laugh once they start typing out walls of cool lifehacks that all take time to do that could be spent actually working

Turns out.... little monkey fella sat there on a computer logged into bittrex daytrading ANS

How

I thought of another one I do. Always shave your head or get a very short haircut so you don't need to use shampoo and conditioner.

you're right

rich people don't give a fuck about eating out because it's chump change to them

You need money to make money.

Poor people get stuck in a cycle of trying to make sure their account balance is about zero.

Spend less than you make, use the surplus money to make more money. That's the point.

who is this dude?
i think i seen him on screen before.

You're saying this because you have an entrepreneurial mindset. Most people who enjoy and prefer working for someone have the 'worker ant' mentality.

I agree with you though. Fuck living like a peasant. You can die any time, then what will all that money you saved by treating yourself like shit be worth.

Focus on trying to make more money rather than saving a greater amount. If you can do both, great, but don't go with the saving money part alone and bank on some promotions that might never come on making you wealthy.

karl pilkington

This is untrue, my partner and i were living proof of it for some time.

Coffee £2.30. One a day going in work (5 days a week) is a yearly expenditure of £598. Put a muffin on top of that every 4th or 5th time because "bad day" or "treat" and it goes up to approx £780. If you're poor (14k - 22k GBP annual) you simply can't afford to visit a coffee shop frequently, yet somehow everyone feels either entitled to it or as if it's trivial money.

Now extrapolate this to phone contracts, poor choice of utility providers and internet packages. Maybe a new Macbook? (£1,449.00). How reasonable! Except on a pretty average "poor" wage of 18k, (15,400 take home pay after tax excluding Student Loans or credit card charges) you've just spent nearly 10% of your annual income in one hit.
First world poor is for the most part a choice. I'm not saying poverty doesn't exist in the west, it certainly does. But if you are over the age of 18, and get an annual salary of 18k or above, your life choices alone have a massive impact on the amount of cash you can save, invest or put towards a property. Wanting to live the material life you see around you so commonly is expensive. I know people on very good, stable wages of 35-40k GBP putting everything on credit or taking loads. They are still first world poor.

I swear being poor is simply a lack of tallying up expenditure over periods longer than a single paycheck. The refusal to look at a yearly position is why most people make poor financial decisions.

lol partner
faggot

thanks.

Yea, my wife is my life partner.

>having a wife and family is faggy now
>current year

This approach does work for some people though.
There's a friend of the family who started full time menial factory work (in Australia though, so better pay than in the US) at 16. He lived at home until he was 26, lived on next to nothing, did all the overtime he could, and banked about 800k by putting all the money he earned into a fund to earn him interest. At this point he bought a great house for 400k (now probably worth over a mil thanks to skyrocketing house prices). Now he's 33 and lives incredibly comfortably while still just doing his 'worker ant' job, totally debt free.

it worked for me. You are supposed to do something with the money you save you fucking moron

Don't change, Veeky Forums.

Though this is clearly bullshit. You woukd just have said 'wife', not 'partner'.

Yea. I'm desperately trying to cover my raging homosexuality to a bunch of user NEETS in a poor thread.

Veeky Forums intellect to the rescue once again!

I think this is a Commonwealth thing. I unironically say partner too.

To have banked 800k by 26 he was either working 70hr weeks in the mines or selling meth.
Which was it?

t fag

You're absolutely right, OP.

It's a brutal red-pill to swallow.

Another one that make me roll my eyes is "Money doesn't buy happiness". It clearly does if you know how to spend it right and augment your life accordingly.

These two points are simple justifications for being poor. As if it's a virtue to be poor.

In fact there should be a term coined for this myth.
Like the 'Noble Savage, perhaps the "Virtuous Poor".

You say partner when you're not married but you've been together for too long to still say girlfriend..

Wrong.
Addressing your wife as your partner is common in British English. What seppos say I couldn't give two shits about.

t homo

nobody says partner you dumb wanker

THATS NOT TRUE

Well, that's what we suspected.

Bullshit, we absolutely do not say 'partner' instead of wife. Maybe the Yanks do and your friends have picked it up off tv or something, but we don't say that shit.

It's true, there is no substitute for income.

Of course, shitty spending habits can destroy ANY income level, but in most countries, without decent income you will never be able to save or invest no matter how cheap you live. I say most because I feel like euro countries that have free healthcare etc., life is maybe less expensive.

I am sort of a living test case... I have medium income ($65k/year) and am literally a squatter who owns almost nothing and gets food out of the garbage, but who's gradually getting rich off of crypto thanks to entering before the May boom.