Top 3 historical figures and why

Top 3 historical figures and why

3. Charles XII of Sweden.
Swedish Nationalism speaking, great leader.

2. Hannibal. Military genius, humiliated Rome in batte thrice before being fucked over by the Carthaginian senate, only then could Rome defeat him at Zama.
1. Napoléon. Military genius who conquered Europe. Only the Russian winter, starvation and disease could stop his army.

> Charles whatever. haven't heard of him so sure.
> Hannibal, a normie choice but he was pretty good I guess, benefited substantially from his opponents mistakes however.
>Napoleon, yeah can't complain

I'll go for one of each category

Military: Alexander, Caesar, Napoleon, Fredrick the great. Manstein, Rokkosovsky. Murphy if you want a common soldier. All of these are fine choices

Political: Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, FDR, Washington, Gandhi, Victoria, tons I missed out on here, don't get mad cos muh commies, they were hugely influential.

Cultural/other, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha etc. MLK, Shakespeare, Micheal jackson and jordon, Kurosawa and various sports people, entertainers and authors.

Some can cross over obviously but if you choose any of them you can't go wrong.

No particular order:

Cesare Borgia

Henry V of England

Julius Caesar

1, charles martel,
throwing axemen
2. barbarossa
drowned in a river
3 friedrick neitzsche
was a cool guy and wrote some books and stuff

Fuck forgot why:

Cesare Borgia:

He fucked up some Italian duchies, and came across so chramastic in what I've read of him. Thought of war more than just fighting and was a very smart guy. His main downfall believing he was invincible

Henry V: I fucking love the guy, he slapped the French. and forced his cock down the French throat. I'm not too proud that he wasn't particularly honourable with French prisoners/peasants. But overall I think he is my favortite historical figure. He also made Dieu et Mon Droit the British monarch's motto, which I like.

Julius Caesar, I think is pretty self explanatory

>3. Literally ruined Sweden as a great power

My top 3: Cyrus, Jesus, Oppenheimer

Otto von Bismarck:
United Deutschland
James Cook:
Conquered significant land for the Crown.
Charlemagne:
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

>James Cook

3. Cao Cao
2. Kublai Khan
1. Chairman Mao

Kill counts

Wait, with Barbarossa you mean Hayreddin Barbarossa? Ottoman corsair from the 16th Century?
Can you please add a source and some credibility, did he truly die in a river?

Thats Frederick Barbossa cuck

t. eternal anglo

What the fuck did Kublai Khan do except letting the Khaganate collapse into just another doomed Chinese dynasty?

Alexander of our times. Just simply from the legendary status.

He did a stately pleasure dome decree.

But seriously, why is nobody naming Genghis?

"Top" in what sense?
Are you trying to talk about personal talents, or just being crucial as in "right guy, right time, right place". If it's the latter, you have to include Columbus, don't you?

3. Leo Tolstoy
His books emphasize empathy and understanding, and i think an artist like him is one worth preserving.

2. Michel Foucault
If you want to critique aspects of western civilization without advocating for literal white genocide look no further than Discipline and Punish. Also the whole archive of the past idea or whatever its called is neat, not all old ideas are inherently worse than modern ones.

1. Julius Caesar
I like him more because of the strangeness of his image rather than what he actually did. Its fascinating to me that a figure in western civilization like Caesar is practically universally loved and admired, and the senators who murdered him were so hated that they came to be seen as just as bad as fucking Judas. But in reality the senators were just protecting democracy, ya know, only the cornerstone of western civilization.
Crazy how despite this he is so widely admired in the west

"top 3 historical figures
>Names 24

>But in reality the senators were just protecting democracy, ya know, only the cornerstone of western civilization.
>late roman republic
>democratic

I've only read wikipedia articles on the most normie known historical figures: the post

more democratic than a literal monarchy

>Caesar widely loved
Really? The most famous work about Caesar portrays him as a weak willed tyrant.

If you were to go on the street and ask 10 people if they have a positive or negative opinion of Julius Ceasar i would bet that easily 9 of the people would say yes.
And also i dont know what portrayal you could be referring to.
As far as im aware among the general populace the most popular Caesar would be from the Cleopatra movie or the HBO Rome series.
If you're referring to the Shakespeare play i dont think thats entirely fair because in many ways the play is more about Brutus than it is Caesar, and in any case i find it hard to believe that anyone who has watched/read that play would come away from it disliking Caesar.

>would say yes
im an idiot. I mean 9 out of 10 people would say they have a positive opinion of Caesar