Which is the better investment Veeky Forums?

Which is the better investment Veeky Forums?

>buy gaming PC for $1200 which will last me 3-5 years at best before I have to buy a new one
>buy a games console like PS4 or Xbox for $400 which will last me 3-5 years at best before I have to buy a new one

>inb4 don't buy any

you have to be at least 18 to post here

im betting my balls you have never built your own pc

PC since you can upgrade and do anything consoles do. Build one, don't buy a premade.

Gaming PC. No question about it, I was a console bitch, built a pc and never looked back.

>implying hardware components don't degrade and the PC doesn't get slower over time.

>using a vidya card
>for games

hahaha plebs

Consoles would have this same problem.
Upgrade your parts instead of buying a new machine

im not saying they dont degrade im saying they dont cost 1200$ and you would obviosuly know that if you actaully looked at the parts outside of facebook memes

The better investment would be to spend your time doing something productive.

Depends, if you're a normie who only plays stuff like Fifa there is no reason to buy a gaming PC. When I (rarely) play video games it's always a grand strat so a PC is a must, I don't buy super high end though because it isn't necessary for the genre. My current Gaming PC only cost me ~500 bucks in parts and plays everything I want at sufficiently high graphics levels.

you already have a pc?
just get a nice video card or something and you will have a (((GAMING PC)))

SSDs make the progressive slowdown unnoticeable. also, it has been proven that neither time of use nor high temps 'degrade' components.

Implying that you're not that retarded and poor to upgrade the parts when you need to (2 years +) still enjoying Microsoft and Sony going in dry up your ass every five years with shit tech?

The better investment for the world is KYS.

do you even understand what the word "investment" means?

go back to /g/

Neither is an investment because you wont use it to create value. It's simple consumerism and therefore wrong board and rope yourself.

I already do. Its called a day job. Maybe you should try getting one?

shit bro it's like you're me
only play grand strategies now too, also old citybuilding games
still holding onto my old ass 360 I bought at release, still a reliable tekken/fifa machine for when friends come over

console but only if you know how to jailbreak them and play pirated content

otherwise get PC

>only play grand strategies now too, also old citybuilding games

Yeah, maybe I'm just getting old but these are the only genres that keep me interested. I think it eventually gets old playing instant gratification style games (FPS, MOBA, etc) but the long term satisfaction you get from an excellent long play in a grand strat or sim always feels great.

>do you even understand what the word "investment" means?

If it allows me to have fun and prevents me from killing myself out of boredom, then video games are a damn good investment to me, my employer and the government. Seriously, its anti-video game faggots like you who should go get a life instead of whining about how pathetic and empty your lives are.

>pirating games

Its low life scum like you thats hurting video game developers

>spends shitload of money on some useless shit
>calls it an investment
KEK

>fuck having fun
>I want to be an empty, uninteresting individual all my life

The point is that it's not an investment you retard

Also
>Implying that the only way to be an interesting person is to buy a gaming PC

TOP KEK

It is an investment to prevent boredom and the inevitable realization that life is meaningless without continuous hedonistic stimulation.

I'm not even a hardcore gamer. I play 2 - 3 game titles a year.

>Its low life scum like you thats hurting video game developers

a great tragedy

Well, everything is investment then. You can buy heroin and say you've invested in joy and pleasure.

Then why buy gaming PC? Buy a regular one and invest the rest in digibyte, it's about to moon user, believe me ))

>how pathetic and empty your lives are.
>he says after he says he needs vidya to prevent himself from killing himself

>not investing in scratchcards and the ponies.

kek like I care about some fat overpaid game dev

regards

proud pirate

>Then why buy gaming PC?

Uhh because games like Dark Souls 3 and the Witcher 3 need high end specs?