Who else here is /cryptobot/? How profitable are you?

Who else here is /cryptobot/? How profitable are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/cryptobook-app/server
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.altfolio.rmgsoftware
poloniex.com/support/api/
pastebin.com/fbkheaRb
github.com/cryptobook-app
github.com/cryptobook-app/cryptrader
twitter.com/ramikawach/status/879405390118633472
github.com/cryptobook-app/autocoinz
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1epEq6wduul2B-pMkIhmWmE89hPeSjagJAc6QQkLm_rc/edit#gid=1387841486
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

give the source code you massive nigger faggot, you cryptobot faggots are so secretive with your dumb bots that probably make you lose more money than they earn

that theme is so ugly holy fuck

welp, looks like I'm gonna have to change my theme now...

I would unironically love to write one or contribute to one and then give ir some hundred bucks, just for the shit of it. I have no clue about financial math though and no time/motivation to learn about it.

If high
buy
elseif low
sell
endif

Dunno what you're even talking about

>don't create competition for yourself
>dumb
pick one dipshit

If you know some python its really easy. Finding a strategy that works isn't even that hard either... there are so many golden nuggets of info scattered across the internet if you put a little time into finding them.

have a completely basic marketmaker, the logic behind it is very dumb and a 5y/o could do it

still profitable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

still, I'd love to get some more interesting ones running
or even just parallelizing the dumb one would be neat, but I still work with API requests, I should use websockets

Also fuck bittrex for not having websockets

Pretty sure bittrex has sockets, how else would it update charts without a refresh?

all hail the Veeky Forumsbot!!!

github.com/cryptobook-app/server

Not accessible to the outside, so nothing official
Event sent a support ticket to ask for it

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.altfolio.rmgsoftware

I'm working on a bot which scrapes Veeky Forums uses sentiment analysis relating to particular coins then if this place is shilling it, it completely removes the coin from consideration

Use HTTP, nigger

I wrote one of these. Fun evening project.

anyone willing to throw me a bone and direct me to any resource on where to begin? i have no knowledge of api integration with python

If you have to ask a bunch of neets this question you're gonna get raped in the markets

visit any exchanges api doc and start there

Tried reading exchange's api documentation, retard?

because having a limited request rate makes it viable to trade a lot of markets with hft algs at the same time
wtf man, 6 per second is not enough for that

sigh
poloniex.com/support/api/
links to
pastebin.com/fbkheaRb

works fine as a basis

tyvm

github.com/cryptobook-app

I made a simple bot to cuck the guy doing pumps and dump but strangely while I managed to make money(10% gain) the time I joined and did the buying and selling by hand, when I used my bot I lost 75% buy buying at the highest point.

It seems that the cucking game is harder than I thought.

Bots are easily manipulated if you figure out patterns.

How much do you guys typically make with your bots? Do you need big capital to make even a small amount?

Interesting stuff. I like your theme op, but I'd only continue to use it if you're making money (association with fat stacks xD

yeah my code was literally just:
1)grab the coin by telegram api
2)buy at market price
3)sell at 3 time the price

Can you get historical crypto trading data somewhere?

>buy at market price
lol

I'm fine with the programming but what about strategy? Also, what's the best way to backtest?

>tfw all i know are shitty engineering coding languages

Looks like i wont be joining you guys in automated lamboland

Lets build a tool from scratch - yes? no?

github.com/cryptobook-app/cryptrader

Na.

Anyone using the fuzzyhobit bot???

This shit a scam?

I just created a back-up Bittrex account to test this out, and when I entered my API info an tried to do a trade, was told that "this feature is under development"...

Seems to be a phishing scam to me, famalampai.

this, spoonfeed some basics pl0x.
do you guys use machine learning or just calculus?
and how much gainz OP?

obviously scam

Not one person posting gains

why would they?

I've not set up any ML stuff yet (although that is the field where I'm most competent in computer science). I plan on doing some simple regression to optimise all the params of my bot soon.

Then I want to see if there is any exploitable correlation between high-cap cryptos and low-cap cryptos by training a deep-meme neural net.

Ok so I'm a programmer, made bots in to the past, but know nothing about crypto at all. What do

Post Discord/steam

nope
Scalability is a big issue for me, so basically my bot is more efficient with smaller amounts

poloniex api gives chart data
bittrex: twitter.com/ramikawach/status/879405390118633472
all major btc exchanges have a good api

>mfw I've created a cryptocurrency bot using Machine Learning and it's been running on Poloniex for the past month

I started with 1k and now I'm up to 10.6k.

All you need to do is program your bot to buy high and sell low, you'll profit.

I lol'd

I only have a simple market-maker so far.
What timeframe do you work on?

5 min

Not a scam. I'm the dev.

Come and check out my other project ()

github.com/cryptobook-app/autocoinz

But obviously that might not be the most profitable period. I have to do further analysis to find out...

>repo full of 20 line snippets coded like ass
>not a scam
no offense but I just took a brief look and seemed sketchy as fuck

How do you define low?

And what type of alg is it?
There are so many, my next goal is to play around with correlations
But I still think my biggest edge might be to be able to work with the orderbook, something only few of the "standard trading algorithms you can read about" do

Understand your apprehension.

I am simply looking to build tools that make OUR life easier. Nothing sinister.

there is only the bittrex python wrapper here, do you know there was already one? might have saved you some time

what python version are you using? im using the same bittrex.py file but i see errors everywhere concerning hmac and bytes format

price_low = true

Any good algorithm/design sources for crypto? Any other forums that focus on this?

Post your bot plz for a poorfag

how successful are you?

these fucking niggers

Also isn't crypto pretty much gambling? How successful can prediction algos get with this?

People on the internet lie, you can't predict swings in crypto.

Was that a lie?

See Vicki Crypto Bot. Started with $1000, now at over $1 550 000. Trading history docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1epEq6wduul2B-pMkIhmWmE89hPeSjagJAc6QQkLm_rc/edit#gid=1387841486

Pretty...

[+319.88 hours] Monitoring 191 currencies. Currently in on 0 buys, profits so far: 0.74279148 - Your balance: 1.04279148

Oh, a spreadsheet on the internet where the numbers go up. I guess you're right

i agree, darcula ftw

own bot or bought?

wtf

amfd you won't even check, ok

I built it. My day job is a software engineer in the telephony space, but I'm tired of working for other people and thought I could make a bot that would pay me more than they do. Not QUITE there yet, but getting very close at least as long as this crypto-space is volatile like it is now.

If it can just hold on another 3 or 4 months, I'll have stacked enough to quit and work on my own shit.

>I'll have stacked enough to quit and work on my own shit.
How realistic is it to "work on your own shit" in software? Freelance work? The app fad is pretty much over afaik

telephony != Calendar, I'm a telephone network operator and contributor to some major telecom software projects. I deal with Q931 and VOIP protocols, and build on extra shit to add value, like recordings, transcriptions, voice recognition, etc.

I hire people to do the apps and shit. Same for web development. That's not my bag.

>when I used my bot I lost 75% buy buying at the highest point
post your code

also made a bot to be the same, generated between -2% & +5% gains, didn't seem like enough to bother continuing developing it, as based on the second-by-second data it was clear that all the groups were pre-pumped to hell and back

What I meant when I brought up apps is that they were a more accessible way to sell something. Unless you mean business and have a healthy amount of capital to invest I don't see how you could make much money on your own

I wonder if ML is any good for trading. Sure, there is some predictability, but is the market *that* predictable?

It's pretty easy to make money when you have a great reputation.

Fair enough. Good luck user

I trained up a few neural nets for my bot to use to predict if the price was going to continue to increase, but my biggest gains came from introducing randomness.

I've built 23 bots so far, each using slightly different strategies, but I've only got one so far that consistently doubles (and sometimes triples) my input when run against the data from the last month. It's kinda bullshit how it works, but it works...

The bot itself is only 236 lines of code, and the rest of the infrastructure is ~400 lines of code.

I guess this is a good place to propose this idea.

My bot is really good at predicting short-term price increases, like 'we can expect [CURRENCY] to increase by at least [PERCENT] in the next hour or two. It's pretty much guaranteed that if you put in [AMOUNT] at [PRICE] you can sell it at [NEW_PRICE] and receive [NEW_AMOUNT].

Feel free to donate to [ADDRESS] if you want this thing to stick around'

Would you donate, user?

If it works, why not

I'll donate if I make money from it.

i can imagine the algo trading game is pretty hard, even in crypto. i bet there are a lot of wall st / hedge fund smartasses who have been doing it for a while in crypto already, getting pretty advanced with it

anyway, i'm gonna write a python script that collects certain data for me, such as volume changes, large trades, and certain other things. but i'm probably not gonna let it trade

would you recommend using python or java? i'm familiar with both but i'm not very skilled in either

Cool. I'll try to put that together today/tomorrow, keep an eye out for the release sometime this week.

I use Python for pretty much everything, but lately I've started to use Go.

Obviously you should use what works best for you. If you're not good at anything currently, then Python would be my recommendation since I'm extremely biased towards it.

Crypto is perfect for small 1-man bots. Too small for wall st though.

would you refund money if it doesn't work?

i second this bias

richanon how'd you start? I know programming and math but new to crypto / trading in general.

python: easier and much better libraries. Java is slightly faster but you're better off writing something that works first in python and later rewrite the core in C or something if you need speed.

does anyone in here run arbitrage bots? i assume it's unlikely to make much profit in it in the large-volume coins (because the pros are probably doing it), but maybe in the lower volume shitcoins?

What kind of algorithm is your sentiment analysis?

Could you give a high-level summary of what it trades on, or is it a trade secret? Or about the other, less successful bots?

My summer project is building a trading bot, so I would love to hear about your experiences! Cheers

Did you try completely different strategies, or just variations of the same idea?

I only have a hft market-maker so far, works fine but not great
Want to work with correlations next, but that might fail quickly as crypto is just too random and everything is moderately correlated
Also I thought about a tool that helps me trade shitcoins: Basic web-scraping to see activity of the devs as well as sentiment analysis on different social platforms. I want to save on that research time

>The bot itself is only 236 lines of code
Shit, already more complex than bancor.