Is BTC actually going to be worth nothing in the future and USD inflation go to like 70% per year or something?

Is BTC actually going to be worth nothing in the future and USD inflation go to like 70% per year or something?

I'm actually scared to hold USD now, thanks to this fucking place. Is it really likely that USD inflation will actually soar in the next 10 years or so?

1. The worst thing that can happen is USD gets replaced by something else for international trade, this will lead to lots of companies looking to offload their USD holdings driving the price down.
2. Another major factor could be China announcing a gold standard and the general public realizing that fiat is a scam.
3. Yet another would be if other nations stopped accepting USD as payment because they deem it to be too risky to hold.

1 happening leading to 3 isn't impossible and is what I think will lead to the inevitable USD crash, I think most people are ignorant enough that 2 won't be a factor until after 1 and 3 worsening the situation.
The US will rattle their saber trying to maintain their grip on global trade but MAD is still a thing and there are some nations they wouldn't actually attack no matter what happens.

What can I do though?

I'm actually kind of scared.

What terrifies me most is South Korea and Japan now accepting Bitcoin as legal tender.

What can I do to store my wealth? Bitcoin is supposed to be the store of wealth, I know, but it is volatile. Is there no non-volatile way to simply store my wealth no matter what?

I thought USD could do that for me but now I'm actually scared.

bump

Precious metals will always be the most stable store of wealth, just make sure it's actually in your hand and not just a piece of paper saying "your gold is in our vault but you can't see it or take it home, also pay us to store it".

physical silver bullion

Well then wtf is this.

If I'd bought at the peak I'd be fucked and it's probably not going back there for a long time.

Now if crypto competes with gold it'll go even further down because crypto is liquid so I'm screwed.

How the fuck do I protect my wealth?

Silver is like 50% of what it was 5 years ago.

then it is time to buy isn't it?

You're welcome. You should be scared. USD has numerous problems right now and things aren't looking good for it. I keep little cash on me and a few grand in the bank. The rest of my money is in guns ammo some silver and the rest is in bitcoin. Its volatile but its better than nothing. I bought in when it was 1200. I thought that was high and it was only 3 months ago. Its going through a correction after one hell of a rally. Bitcoin isn't perfect but its sure as he'll a better idea than usd

Probably not 70% per year in the next ten years as that'd require moving from some of the lowest inflation on record to the highest in the fastest rate of inflation increase ever seen. And I don't see a catalyst for that rapid of an increase.

But could you move to 10-20%+? Sure. And that's not something this generation has ever had to cope with. If other countries don't want dollars, people won't want our debt at ridiculously low interest rates. We can't borrow forever then, and either infrastructure spending grinds to a halt or the fed prints more money.

USD has been fucking us over since the 70s
no fiat ever survived
soon (((they))) will push for a global cashless system where negative interest rates shall further expropriate from you
let that be a caution to everyone and a reminder that crypto shall set you free from (((them))) and the gov't

I don't fucking know. I'm trying to move away from risk here. I buy the dips with crypto and stocks, I get that, but I'm not looking for that. I'm looking for a store of wealth for retirement when I do make it.

So what do you recommend?

I get it, crypto and metals, but is there anything less risky I could use here? I mean, let's say the USD actually ends up doing extremely well. Then what?

>China announcing a gold standard

Or maybe russia will become a super power.
Or Oprah will become the next president.
Or maybe OP stops beeing gay as fuck.

Holy shit, the retards grow more and more retarded day by day...

If Russia replaces its currency with a deflationary cryptocurrency, like they are discussing, they could become a super power.

What the FUCK can I use to store my wealth?

>How the fuck do I protect my wealth?

Stop beeing scared, ffs. - if you panic about how to protect your wealth, then man up, take a couple of hundred dollars and ask a financial adivisor about it.

Hint: he wont talk about "muh gold" or "muh stocks" or "muh real estate". Diversification is good but the amount of diversification is dependant on many factors.
And any idiot on Veeky Forums stating that they can do it here on Veeky Forums is an idiot which will lead you to lose a huge potential of gains in the long run.

All three of those things are actually far more likely than you might think.

Screen cap that.

>If Russia replaces its currency with a deflationary cryptocurrency, like they are discussing, they could become a super power.

Russia wont solve its monstrous economical problems (old infrastructure, legal danger, corruption, solely dependance on natural ressources etc.) just by replacing its currency with cryptos.

>All three of those things are actually far more likely than you might think.

While I indeed think that Oprah take a shot at becoming the next president... russia will never be something else than a bigger version of north korea and OP will never be something else than a gay as fuck faggot.

At least it could encourage investment, why buy property in nations where you need prices to rise faster than inflation when you can buy somewhere that the same amount on money will be worth more next year and any increase in property value is a bonus on top of that.

>If Russia replaces its currency with a deflationary cryptocurrency, like they are discussing, they could become a super power.
>like they are discussing
You are a fucking retard.

russia is a 3rd world shithole

they have a 0% chance of being a superpower

>he wont talk about "muh gold" or "muh stocks" or "muh real estate"
So what's he going to talk about then? Land?

Why don't you just tell me what you recommend for preserving my wealth.

It "could".

If:
- the infrastructure would be better to provide coverage in the whole country (which is unlikely in a country as large as russia)
- legal certainty would be established (which is not solveable via changing the currency)
- it would solve the problem of corruption (which is unlikely, as Putin and his friends is deeply dependant from it)
and
so
fucking
on

Russia has way too many problems and the government has no intention to solve them, as they get rich from it while they feed superiority memes to the population.
Thats why I said: a bigger version of north korea.

Another risk is that the fed/white house would just inflate their way out of a recession resulting in USD devaluation. One reason this may happen is because the pres is big into realestate and thus protected from that devaluation. He also has a vested intrist in keeping Reale state prices going up (past pre 2008 levels) instead of letting it crash or devalue.

>Why don't you just tell me what you recommend for preserving my wealth.

Because I am such a financial advisor. So I know that I need a fuckton of informations from you and some time to analyze them. Also one or two hours with you in personal to talk through your options, explain it and talk to you.

Also my services are too valueable to offer them openly on Veeky Forums. So grab some stuff and go to someone of my profession.

Precisious metals, guns, real estate, land, crypto, some cash, food, water and water source.

>No stocks, gold, real estate, crypto, cash
So... bonds? Options, derivatives? Guns?

Can you just tell me what asset you think has a steady maintenance of value, whether it's $50 or $50,000? What's something you can buy that simply stays the same, i.e. goes up by about 2.5% annually against USD?

If as a country they adopt a crypto currency, potentially in conjunction with china, they could build a large base of wealth as the value goes up as people from other countries, likely smaller ones from south America and africa, rush to it since it is more stable than their own.

Stocks are a hedge against inflation as their value is, at least generally, tied to things that would increase in value as the dollar sinks. That is especially true for companies that are multinationals

Yes but stocks are volatile. I'm not looking for a hedge, I'm looking for store of value. Something that won't go up OR down no matter what.

>muh hyperinflation

Not gonna happen. Federal reserve is on top of that shit.

How so?

Is the dollar a decent store of value then?

What if I simply buy TIPS?

Those bonds that basically hedge against inflation?

Am I safe then?

>Is the dollar a decent store of value then?

If you consider losing 1-2% per year to inflation as decent.

federal reserve could jack up interest rates to stop hyperinflation

they are way more concerned with deflation because that would destroy ability to pay back debts

>If
>potentially
>could

If you drop your money according this philosophy, you will make pretty bad investment decisions. Please try to invest into russia and you will see what I mean - it is a fuckshit of country to invest in and no crypto currency ever will change this, as the underlying problem wont change.

>What's something you can buy that simply stays the same

Honest answer?
Nothing. If you want 100% security, you can kill yourself, as dying is the only certainty you can have in existance.

What however is helpfull is diversification - any advisor who tells you "100% X is the most secure way" deserves to be shot.
Depending on how much money we are talking about, where you life, your age, your risk tendency, your family, your current and future desired income situation, your insurance situation, your health and so on, the answer is always a mixture of about a couple of dozen options to invest money in. Starts with normal stocks, goes over to bonds and government bonds, real estate, index funds, natural ressources (gold, silver etc.), start ups and so on.

No, you will not be able to do this alone without long and extensive research.
No, even then you will most likely not chose something better than that what a experienced professional who does this for a living can offer you.

>research tips
>You have to pay taxes on all the growth, which is hedging you against inflation

>consider buying tax-exempt mutual fund of TIPS instead
>have to pay management fees for it

Jesus fuck, there really is no way to fucking escape that is there???? What the fuck?

Once we get around to asteroid mining within the current century, gold will be yet another complete scam.

>help screw over your citizens to pay for your own debt

What a bunch of assholes

Every fiat currency, given enough time, will be worth $0 just like every fiat currency did prior in the past.

china is a joke, literally corrupt shithold with massive debts

everyone knows they'll have to devalue the yuan soon

i'd be way more worried about their collapse then them being a powerhouse. A collapse could mean real trouble

>everyone knows they'll have to devalue the yuan soon
Isn't that what China wants? They've been purposely lowering it for decades now

> LITERALLY SHAKING