Are we still suffering the consequences of the French Revolution?

Are we still suffering the consequences of the French Revolution?

The entire world as it is today is because of the French Revolution

if it hadn't happened, a similar event would've happened in another country.

OP here, I made this post because of this

Yes. Faggots won't stop proselytizing about how great Robespierre supposedly was and posting cancerous shit.

>Man he was so incorruptible xDDDD
>lel off to ze gillotine nazi xDD
>omg he was just like lenin I luv him pls put him as mascot of reddit

What consequences, exactly?

Let me guess, you are an edgelord who is nostalgic for times when autocratic monarchs ran everyone's lives.

>Are we still suffering the consequences of the French Revolution?
>Are we still suffering the consequences of the Industrial Revolution?
>Are we still suffering the consequences of the Second World War?
>Are we still suffering the consequences of the first unga bunga caveman bash rock against other unga bunga?

This is why Veeky Forums was always a shit idea for a board.

Not necessarily. I mean I guess we could see if the development of technology assisted, provoked, or was the direct reason for the French Revolution.

But I don't have that data on hand so I'll talk briefly about the Incas. They had toys with wheels. Wheels were invented as parts for kid's toys. Nobody looked at the wheel and thought "This might be useful".

Or Hero's steam engine. Without institutions and networks which can make use of an invention, the invention sinks into the dirt as another artifact.

>suffering
Nigga the ride has barely begun

Exactly. It was a big mistake.

>suffering
Fuck off, monarchist

pretty much

those I like to argue that you are also still suffering the effects of the American Revolution and English Civil war as well

the bastard trio that ruined everything

It's too soon to tell.

From Mao when asked a similar question.

Too ealy to tell

>please notice me big strong nobleman

How did the French revolution change the world?

Jesus Christ, OK, got an aeon or two for me to explain?

I mean it kind of did, but it was a revolution of the gentry so it didn't devolve into heads rolling in the streets and communists.

There's a lot more than this but off the top of my head

>Promoted the abolition of Feudalism in Europe and potentially accelerated the forming of Republics
>French Revolutionary Wars basically started what became Total War when everyone decided to attack the new French Republic, and they had to conscript literally everyone into the war effort whether as soldiery or production
>Total War is why WWI and WWII were so devastating you can barely put it into words
>Revolutionary wars sowed the seeds of the Napoleonic Wars which helped shape Europe's future
>Napoleonic Wars allowed French revolutionaries to spread across Europe and spread their ideas
>Napoleonic Wars also re-introduced into Europe the concept of a National Army, which of course was beginning to form but before this, armies were called up when needed and mercenaries filled whatever gaps when rulers wanted to fight over clay
>Which sowed the seeds for political theories like Communism
>Literally the word Communism is partially rooted in the Paris Communes that were produced by the French Revolution, and we all know Communism has had a huge impact on the world since then.
>Some people argue that the idea of a Nation State and nationalism can be traced to the French Revolution as well

>Some people argue that the idea of a Nation State and nationalism can be traced to the French Revolution as well
Surely that comes from the treaty of Westphailia?

Feudalism was over in europe, it just hang on in France because of the ruling elite who enjoyed its privileges

>Literally the word Communism is partially rooted in the Paris Communes
>faint Le Internationale in the background.jpg
Nahhhhh not really, but the Paris Commune kickstarted all left wing movements, Communism included

Honestly I'm not super well versed in European history before 1914, so I'll have to take your word for it. But I'd say the most lasting and important effect (non-militarily) the French Revolution probably had was the seeding and spread of "leftist" ideas that ran the gamut from democracy to communism to anarchy. I mean I'm sure those ideas had been brewing since forever, but the French Revolution was perhaps the largest example of overthrowing a monarchy and of all nations it was France's, one of the most royal and old monarchies of Europe.

I think it was Will Durant who said the French Revolution's scope was akin to Maoists suddenly gaining a foothold and overthrowing the US government.