economy doing great again thanks to tech boom and fed printing gold
>00's
[blank]
>10's
[blank]

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Libertarian,
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If your picture is true, how did all those things get built? Were they just privately owned?

That meme of yours is very misleading. Public schools did not cover Secondary School education in most areas until after 1913, and the quality of education was vastly inferior (even more so than today) to private schools. Most US universities that existed in 1913 were private. The railroads were built by private companies given cheap land grants by the US government and run for a profit. Subways were funded from local rather than federal taxes. America's army and navy were small and quite shit. It is so categorically wrong about nearly everything that if you are not kidding I strongly encourage you to find a rope of sufficient durability to withstand the force of your neck breaking against it, to safely forward your ignorant ass off to the next world.

Tariffs

The government had small expenditure and everything was cheaper back then.

>america's navy was small

spotted the brainlet

that list is shit you cunt

's
>culture is dead
kill yourself /pol/yp

>00s
dawn of organised international terrorism
>10s
counter culture 2.0 but shittier

It's from reddit.com/r/Libertarian, one of the biggest subreddit.s

America had the third largest navy in the world by warship tonnage in 1913

Rich people always try to make it so taxes go on the earnings of the middle class, and not on property owners; and they always try to make it so expenditure goes to government contracts, not to citizens directly.

>Rich people always try to make it so taxes go on the earnings of the middle class, and not on property owners
The 80's onwards is the age of The Oligarchs.

Sorry, I stand corrected on point of fact regarding the navy. I sincerely apologize. However, overall military expenditure was still relatively small.

Up until 1916 the US Army was smaller than Romania's. It was a tiny frontier force that kept the peace in the west. There was a core of regulars that would be supplemented by privately raised units like TR's rough riders. During the Spanish American war, the government had to buy private yachts to bolster their number of vessels. That picture isn't wrong, but it's facetious to imply that Army and Navy was comparable to our modern military.

holy fuck I knew we spent a ton of money in WWII but A THIRD of our GDP?

In terms of GDP:Debt ratio, not even the modern day american debt is as high as the post-WW2 debt.

>50
Red terror
>60
Hope
>70
Spine-Breaking
>80
who cares anymore?
>90
Freedom!
>00
Why isn't everything perfect now?
>10
[we'll see]

Keep that shit on Veeky Forums

Who did we even owe money to? We wrote massive loans to everyone else.

>10's
goddamn, why did we use cavalry
>20's
I want to gain power, hm..... "The jews caused everything!"
>30's
Just when you thought shit couldn't get worse
>40's
Yeah maybe we shouldn't have underestimated him, that almost went horribly wrong hahaha, well it already kinda did
>50's
Joseph what the hell are you doing bro, please don't do that
>60's
Let's go to the park, ill bring my guitar! Ill sing the war away
>70's
Dude, those blackies got nice music
>80's
Glitter and metal, everything is money but that also feels so cold
>90's
Finally a good decade
>00's
The decade of all the wrong decisions
>10's
Transparency doesn't matter anymore, let's both play along.

Your labels sound like that of a madman.

Of course they're behind this.

What part of 'BUY WAR BONDS' doesn't make sense to you?

>I'll sing the war away
Kek.

Yes there certainly was never tax before 1913. That's why there was never a whiskey rebellion or farmers' marches on Washington.

>In order to help pay for its war effort in the American Civil War, Congress imposed its first personal income tax in 1861.

Joseph A. Hill, "The Civil War Income Tax," Quarterly Journal of Economics Vol. 8, No. 4 (Jul., 1894), pp. 416-452

>if it's not a public institution it doesn't count as existing because I say
Nys

Doesn't /pol/ idolize reagan, yuppies, fall of communism, alpha male action flicks? Why would you assume 80's culture is dead is a /pol/ opinion?

The navy wasn't shit, dumbass.

Ourselves. We bought and paid for that war. Makes you wonder why later presidents couldn't do the same with other wars.

not him but i would cry "pole" because the avatar of that imaginary group of people that terrorizes Veeky Forums is generally a cultural absolutist.

they're the only ones running around saying shit about "this culture a shit" "that culture degenerate"

so in that regard it's "pole" whether or not the culture belongs to them

>muh sanctity of the white house

i love how he doesn't even work from there or whatever

the white house is being left alone and he's STILL evil for it

meanwhile the last guy who lived there had a penchant for redecorating and inviting gay rappers and street rats in to shit up the place

"sanctity" my balls

and that money built all the schools and roads and colleges

I don't entirely agree with the libertarian position but I guess a natural rebuttal to this point would be "is it really a good thing that the Us's Navy and army got so big? What's the point?"

Oh lol I forgot about that.

>they're the only ones running around saying shit about "this culture a shit" "that culture degenerate"
Hello newfag. Did you forget that /a/ and /jp/ exist? What about /v/? /b/ perchance?

that all sounds fantastic honestly

do you enjoy working for 6 months out of the year to fund the expenditures of the federal government?

Other rightarded meme thread

>/pol/ idolize reagan, yuppies
Haha, no