/tv/ is currently having a 'movies women will never understand' thread

/tv/ is currently having a 'movies women will never understand' thread.

Someone there said that women cannot understand themes of honor, respect and (especially) isolation.

Since /tv/ is dumb, I'm posting my question here. Interested in hearing your thoughts, if you care to share them.

1. What's the difference between honor and respect? The concepts may be separate, but they are largely co-dependent. We respect honorable people, so it is really fair to split them into two and claim women aren't capable of understanding either of them?
2. Women, at least proper women, do feel certain social pressures to act in a 'virtuous' manner. Not being promiscuous is but one of many aspects of it. I'm inclined to say acting honorably is also possible for willing women. It's not like dishonorable women are valued or respected. So if a woman can be virtuous, and honor is a virtue, can we really say women are incapable of understanding honor or acting honorably?
3. Isolation is also possible for a woman. She may have it easier then men, that's true, but you could argue that being married to a cold yet jealous man is a form of isolation, no? Or, say, a woman who tries to be virtuous in the increasingly decadent society of today, and is shunned or mocked for it. Is that not a form of isolation as well?

Honor and respect are spooks.

There is only isolation

This should be a banner

>honor and respect
It's all culturally bound to the point of almost being personal.
I've seen Evangelicals praise Mexican and Central American cartels for being "honorable Christians" while decrying ISIL. The only difference? The trajectory of faith.

I've seen people defend ISIL as a 'devil's advocate' because they're at least honest about what they'll do, but decry Scientology because of deception.

>so it is really fair to split them into two and claim women aren't capable of understanding either of them?
It's just /tv/ & /r9k/ memes; I highly doubt these folks know well enough women to make this judgement.

Seconded.

>I highly doubt folks from /tv/ & /r9k/ know well enough women to make this judgement.
Does Veeky Forums, tho?

IJS, why would I trust someone's judgement on women when the highest level of discourse they hold on all things feminine is how many cocks you can have before turning into roastie.

>virtue
>From Middle English vertu, a borrowing from Anglo-Norman and Old French, Middle French, from Latin virtus (“manliness, bravery, worth, moral excellence”), from vir (“man”).

Women are memes, but they do make my peepee hard.

There are certain women who I would die for, though.

Considering the majority of history undergraduates are women, yes.

However, on the other hand;
>Implying even half the posters here have studied history formally outside of basic secondary schooling

Wait....are you telling me I DON'T automatically become a well respected history authority after skimming Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and Guns, Germs, and Steel?!?

Hiroshima pls make banner

>that positioning to conceal the love handle

nice try, Saddam

>formal study of history
>worth a shit

Honor is the integrity you show irrespective of other's opinions when it comes to keeping your ideals. Respect is an observation of another's ideals you show and receive within a social construct. Isolation is an inherent quality of being human.

Let's stop dressing up these learned traits with all this noise and ado, and objectifying women. You could easily flip it to say men would never understand honor, respect, and isolation in observation that in pacified times men have nothing to test these qualities but trying to find a partner (the converse of isolationism in this context), whereas women are constantly in wars with self or society to keep their integrity. Something that very few men have or even understand the meaning of in this age.

If you think otherwise about anything I said, you are suffering from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

>I've seen Evangelicals praise Mexican and Central American cartels for being "honorable Christians"

Please provide a source for that.

>judging "movies women will never understand" threafs based off of one user's opinion

The answer was brotherhood and camaraderie, women don't understand brotherhood and camaraderie.

It's science.

Women's evolutionary imperatives are different from men, they have no fundamental concept of honor, which arose as a result of male pressures. Real camaraderie and respect is beyond them, they operate on much more material values.

It is if you are actually interested in History.
It might not be most profitable of educations, but life is to short to not go for what interests you.

Interesting point.
Honor as fundamental and natural to men, but socially forced upon women.

Seconded

I already seconded it yesterday, you stupid fuck.
You can third it now, at best.

As I've learned it, honor is something you have, respect is something you earn

Honor is the respect you have for a certain set of criteria and the respect you gain is from doing things that may not necessarily be honorable to you.

IE: raking leaves for your mom. You do that because you may feel honor bound to do so, and she respects you for being honorable

>What's the difference between honor and respect?
Honor is personal, respect is public.