The Last Big One

Let's talk about some "alt history", Veeky Forums
Goebekli Tepe, what the fuck is up with that? Does this relate to the Clovis Comet Hypothesis?
Is Randall Carlson crazy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas_impact_hypothesis
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ziu2ygE_Wc
red-dirt.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/66pyh4/ancient_carvings_at_gobekli_tepe_show_comet_hit/
maajournal.com/Issues/2017/Vol17-1/Sweatman and Tsikritsis 17(1).pdf
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/09/130910-comet-impact-mammoths-climate-younger-dryas-quebec-science/
google.com/search?&q=Randall Carlson
reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/3ty5m8/evidence_against_randall_carlsons_comet_impact/
rt.com/viral/385649-gobekli-tepe-comet-observatory/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

If you think new historical discoveries belong on /x/ you probably belong on /pol/
sorry you find topics you cant immediately google a wealth of information on intimidating. You could simply choose not to post, like most.

this is only Veeky Forumsworthy if you post evidence instead of clickbait articles

10,000-12,000 years ago should be an interesting topic to anyone that knows anything about the LACK of information we have about the period.

Your discomfort with the topic is 100% related to that.

"Evidence"
If I post a Randall Carlson talk, are you going to listen to it? No, you're fucking not, you already made your mind up. You don't have anything to contribute, so you need to detract.

Also you posted twice. Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4 1177 BC
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas_impact_hypothesis

omg its quack science guys no ones ever talked about this before this week xD

for a history board you guys sure are repellent towards discussions of history that we can't all immediately agree on. Shameful display.

ITT: youtube.com/watch?v=8Ziu2ygE_Wc

Quick rundown?

not the same user, but saying that stone carving 'confirm' that Evangelion-tier claim is a joke, cool fiction for sure but you have to be a moron to believing that, just because, without any evidence, and that is actually being close minded. Gobleki it's an important site but x-tier pseudo scientists are making shit up.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Hawass is an asshole (and everyone knows it), but you can't blame him for being frustrated at having to deal with people like Graham Hancock for years. All of the psuedoscience has been looked into, and there's no evidence for it. Hancock can try to act like he has the high ground by being "willing to discuss" or open to ideas or whatever, but the truth is, he's peddling bullshit, and Hawass doesn't have to put up with that. Especially since he's already addressed it in the past.

And it seems like the biggest reason he was getting worked up was that Hancock was apparently going to have a speaker who was a known thief. That's a major ethics violation, and no archaeologists want to deal with people like that, let alone people that manage cultural resources at the government level. Do you really expect someone in his position to gladly deal with a thief who's going to talk about bullshit that's been debunked over and over again?

>ancient people tracking the stars is a conspiracy theory
user you dont study history much do you?

>all of the pseudoscience has been looked into
okay Zawi, you sure convinced me by writing it out

I'm not supporting Graham Hancock or saying anyone has it 100% right. I'm saying you shouldn't be recoiled by conversation about new research on fairly recent discoveries.

And if you lose all interest in the topic because a single paper wrote a clickbait title about it, you're no scholar yourself. Too concerned with the messenger.

>was apparently going to have a speaker who was a known thief
LOL, because he repeatedly called him one in the video, you immediately believe it? Hawass is himself a thief. All archaeologists are thieves.

>Evangelion-tier claim
You obviously don't know what the claim is beyond the clickbait title if you think it's "evangelion-tier"

its not "ANCIENT COMETS BROUGHT ALIENS WHO TAUGHT CIVILIZATION"
it's "Ancient comets ended a period of fairly easy living and forced people into civilizations for survivals sake"

Why is it that none of you appear to have actually read up on the topic? Why are you posting? It's time to set aside the fedoras.

>All archaeologists are thieves.
If you're tryign to show that you're not an /x/-tier psued, that's not helping.

>Why is it that none of you appear to have actually read up on the topic?
You do realize you haven't provided any information, right? Just an image and condescending talk about how no one is listening to you. If you want us to talk about this, you should provide a resource you think is a good source of information.

Yes kid, we know about impact events, climate changes and the effects on the planet life and civilization, a fascinating topic. We're mocking the claim about the carvings confirming any shit, the typical Ancient Aliens style of shiting on interesting things.

>If you're tryign to show that you're not an /x/-tier psued, that's not helping.
ad hom doesnt work when you demonstrably dont even know what youre talking about, take it back to the r-place.

>havent provided any information
this is currently a headline story, I apologize for expecting a history board to have opinions on things without reading about it on the spot.

If you need me to link you to the topic, I don't really care to discuss it with you. Its gonna be a knee jerk conversation anyway with you typing sentences as you read the article.

Did you not see the wiki link about the Younger Dryas theory? Do you not know that this general time period of history is very poorly understood with a lot of unanswered questions?

Do you have any purpose for posting beyond contrarianism?

you're autistically triggered about the word choices of the article I screenshotted but did not post, you mean.

Do you realize that maybe I didn't post it because I don't think its the word of god, but do think its worth discussing? It doesn't CONFIRM shit, you're right, but you're not DISCONFIRMING anything either.

You're just being a contrarian and throwing a fit that I'm asking you to research the topic on your own.

What is outlandish about thinking ancient people might have recorded the night sky? Can you answer this question without referring to the word "CONFIRMS"?

ITT: Veeky Forums is actually /redirt/
"pseuds!"
"prove it wrong then?"
"stfu pseud"

>kid
Dude you're 24 relax
red-dirt.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/66pyh4/ancient_carvings_at_gobekli_tepe_show_comet_hit/
>omg Joe Rogan fuck off this isn't even iflscience

Here's a non clickbait link. I look forward to being called a pseud again for asking about a topic user's highschool doesn't have history books on

Where are you two now? You get lost up your own ass?

>history and humanities
>prehistory
This sort of shit would belong on Veeky Forums if it were legit, as it is not part of history by definition

You know, a comet being the cause of civilization isn't as farfetched as it seems. You'd be surprised how far mankind leaps forward when put under lethal environment pressure

...it's no longer prehistory if it gets decoded. Do you know what defines prehistory?

Are you new to this topic? Its whole importance is sliding the scale BACK on history. Civilization is much older than we grew up thinking.

Stop being so repellant towards new ideas. You're not an academic, you're just a defensive faggot nerd.

THIS. What is with all of the autism in this thread? This isn't Ancient Aliens.

human civilization as we know it today is thousands of years old along with the current earth

>19 replies, 7 posters
Stop getting angry and yelling at yourself. Being a dick isn't going to make anyone take you more seriously.

As far as that article goes, it's not as exciting as the clickbait is making you believe. The authors aren't arguing that the carvings at Gobekli Tepe show or confirm a comet struck earth. They're talking about how the animal carvings can represent constellations which would have been visible at the time such an event could have occurred. Because the artists seem to have been observing the Taurid meteor stream (where the meteor for a supposed impact could have come from), they argue that the artists could have been paying attention to the meteor stream because of an impact. It's really interesting, but it doesn't really confirm that an impact happened in the way he headlines are arguing.

Yelling at myself? Are you retarded, user? There are two shitposters in this thread calling me a "pseud" for asking them to discuss the topic.

Read my OP post. If you cant tell I'm a bit skeptical myself from it, you need to take a reading course.

Still waiting. Where have my detractors suddenly gone?
Are you CONFIRMED btfo, guys? Come on? Say something? At least call me a pseud again?

Quasi-intellectuals are worse than pseuds sometimes...

bump
where my pseuds at?

This CONFIRMS this threads detractors are cucks.

bump for detractors

HANKEKED

Why do people react so dismissively towards new information?

why would there ever be more human evidence for a large impact than actual physical evidence like a fucking crater

What if Lincoln wasn't assassinated and the plan to send all the former slaves to Liberia actually happened?

Because north America was under a 2 mile thick sheet of ice when the big one hit.
The impact melted the glaciers and caused cataclysmic flooding and sculpted out the west in the chaos.

Look up Randall Carlson's clovis hypothesis

The site is post-cataclysmic anyway if true. Not built before.
The notion is that humanity might have had an interrupted renaissance period if sorts, more advanced than we realize, but the global cataclysm all but wiped them out and the survivors remembered bits and pieces, constituting the origins of our religions and flood myths.

Humanity has bottlenecked more than a few times.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/09/130910-comet-impact-mammoths-climate-younger-dryas-quebec-science/

Because it was built after by the survivors dumbshit. Did you do even the most basic research?

Ever played a Fallout game?

there is physical evidence like nanodiamonds in younger dryas sediments

>Your discomfort with the topic
Whether I am discomforted or not you still need evidence fuqqboi

>Randall Carlson talk
google.com/search?&q=Randall Carlson
>sacredgeometryinternational.com
>disinfo.com
heh, clickbait, exactly as predicted

>are you going to listen to it?
Why should I listen to a 3 hour sermon by your precious Randall Carlson any more than a seminar about multi-level marketing, scientology or other bullshit someone over the internet told me about?

At any time you could have gone to x10hosting.com, started your own little site and presented the evidence in a concise logical manner, addressing criticism like this.

reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/3ty5m8/evidence_against_randall_carlsons_comet_impact/

Why the hissy fit? All I did was ask for evidence. I am just instructing you to be intelligent and think properly as you should have been doing anyway, it is not like I am demanding you pick my cotton. Your ego shouldn't be bruised by this. You could take my advice and pretend you decided to start being smart on your own and take the credit for my work.

You won't though. You are a Randall Carlson fanboy and you have to shill him to prove yourself to the Randall Carlson fanclub or whatever. You will likely continue to be irrational for the rest of your life, or until you have a breakdown and they put you on psych meds, maybe.

Hey dumbass faggot

Pseudohistory goes to /x/.

See the link above your post collegeboi

This whole board belongs on x then

>"guys, lets discuss an actually interesting topic who is still in the sphere of speculations and might be considered a /x/ subject, but yet its completely plausible"
>"DUDE ZODIAC SIGN TULPAS HOW DO I SUMMON A SUCCUBUS I WANT TO FUGG"

fuck this board, for some reason, /x/ attracts more newfags and literal redditors even more than /pol/

This is a board for pseudo intellectuals to brat their chest and only tall about their autistic fascination with alater native Austrian history

They don't react well to new info that changes the time line they so autistically love

They're just college freshmen

That is confirmation bias and pseudoscience, for example.
>The belt buckle, consisting of nested ‘U’
>shapes is a good representation of the bow
>shock wave that a bolide creates as it penetrates
>Earth’s atmosphere.
Like I said you can't even think properly. Start being intelligent as I instructed. Your life will vastly improve. Also see a psychologist as you may be schizophrenic.

Itt: pseuds call everyone else pseuds while only reading and reacting to headlines

>you can't even think properly
>start being intelligent as I said
Heh found the smart kid in a Texas classroom

Hello autism! Why would op start a new website for this info? It's on wikipedia. You just don't know as much as you think you do.

>Also see a psychologist as you may be schizophrenic.
Spot the pseud that thinks MPD and schizophrenia are the same thing.

Bump for actual conversation about 12800 years ago

Bump.
rt.com/viral/385649-gobekli-tepe-comet-observatory/

Where my pseudo historians at?