Historical figures you look up to

Hard mode: No generals unless they made something else in their lifes apart from conquering land for someone else.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emir_Abdelkader
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not sure if this would count, but I'll post it anyway.

Attaturk seems based, the Muslim world could do with his likes today

T. redditor

You had to google him didn't you

Ataturk not attaturk. Also erdogan is better

Please elaborate why you're hostile.

Yep.
Inbred goatfuckers need to stay out of politics.

James Cook is probably one of my biggest inspirations. I just wish there were more books and sources on him

tesla is a redditor meme.

XD jefferson was such an asshole.His name is Captain cook, no one has ever called him James cook in Australia.

Utilitarian high-five!

Adams was always my favorite founder.
>No slaves
>Had an awesome wife who gave good advice
>Was grumpy, fat, and did what he believed in even though he was unpopular
>Called Hamilton and Jefferson on their bullshit feuds
>loved history and attempted to live virtuously
>Defended the freaking redcoats for the boston massacre and got most of them acquitted and two just got manslaughter
>he just wanted to be a simple farmer after being President, Diocletian style

He was a flawed guy and had screw-ups, but he was honorable and laudable.

t. kilicdaroglu

They're both scum.

t. feto

One of the few swedes I like. He was the embodiment of swedish neutrality, for better or worse (probably better).
I've actually been to the spot where his plane crashed in zambia.

He's failure like me but at least he had a nice family

Fight me

Why would you look up to him? He did literally NOTHING to improve the lives of Russians.
He was also pretty dumb.
>he got tricked into the monarchy meme
lol

Me irl

In what way?

Not only this, but he was also one of the best diplomats in human history.

If we had more people like him in power, a lot of shit could be avoided.
It's actually pretty nice to see influences of his philosophy in aspects of swedish society and culture. Makes me not loose all hope.

Why would you faggots not look up to someone who was literally perfect?

The obvious choice perhaps, but still a good one

He definitely made something else in his life.

Honestly one of the very best men to ever live.

If he had formally made the selection of new emperors a technocratic/meritocratic system (rather then reverting to it being hereditary), he would probably have been the very best man to have ever live.
The Empire may still have been around today even.

Übermensch

the original Stalin/Hitler/Mao/Pol Pot

is he the only muslim Veeky Forums likes?

Saladin and Khalid ibn al Walid are considered heroes of sorts.

>diplomat for the Republic
>trains their militia
>actually leads the militia to victory
>Medici take power
>torture him, break his arms
>he stays silent
>years later he revolutionizes political philosophy just to talk shit about the Medici

You would suspend the writ of habeas corpus?

Is it weird that he's inspirational to me?

>still no Frederick the Great
come on Veeky Forums he's the epitome of a philosopher king, a great strategist and was humble enough to recognize that the state owed him as much as he owed them

This guy gets it.

My man

His journals aren't enough?

>sardinian
>manlet
>with TBC
>spends half of his life in prison
You sure?

This is ony true answer

It's more like

>sardinian
>manlet
>with TBC
>spends half of his life in prison

>against all odds he still manages to become Antonio Gramsci

if you get passed all the butthurt crusaderfags

How can a man be so great and not make the obvious connection between non biological succession and the success of their reigns?

I wish more people knew about Emir Abd El-Kader.

Emir Abdelkader was an Algerian "Sharif" religious and military leader who led a struggle against the French colonial invasion in the mid-19th century. An Islamic scholar and Sufi who unexpectedly found himself leading a military campaign, he built up a collection of Algerian tribesmen that for many years successfully held out against one of the most advanced armies in Europe. His consistent regard for what would now be called human rights, especially as regards his Christian opponents, drew widespread admiration, and a crucial intervention to save the Christian community of Damascus from a massacre in 1860 brought honours and awards from around the world. Within Algeria, his efforts to unite the country against foreign invaders saw him hailed as the "modern Jugurtha," and his ability to combine religious and political authority has led to his being acclaimed as the "Saint among the Princes, the Prince among the Saints".

In July 1860, conflict between the Druze and Maronites... he sheltered large numbers of Christians, including the heads of several foreign consulates as well as religious groups such as the Sisters of Mercy, in the safety of his house. His eldest sons were sent into the streets to offer any Christians under threat shelter under his protection, and Abdelkader himself was said by many survivors to have played an instrumental part in saving them.

"[W]e were in consternation, all of us quite convinced that our last hour had arrived [...]. In that expectation of death, in those indescribable moments of anguish, heaven, however, sent us a savior! Abd el-Kader appeared, surrounded by his Algerians, around forty of them. He was on horseback and without arms: his handsome figure calm and imposing made a strange contrast with the noise and disorder that reigned everywhere."

—Le Siècle,2 August 1869

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emir_Abdelkader

Based

We'll be reading about him in the history books. Stopped Turkey from being cucked by secularism and reestablished the Ottoman Empire.

I like Luther a lot.

you are being ironic right? RIGHT?

He officially became something like a dictator, his actions and beliefs are based on childish and irregular thoughts, maybe he is actually acting like religious.

I am worried, what's gonna happen to this country after like 10 years