Religions

Will atheism, in the end, be the world's prominent belief? If it will happen, how will the world become?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/07/why-people-with-no-religion-are-projected-to-decline-as-a-share-of-the-worlds-population/
discord.gg/6VC5Unc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not a chance.

How? With the costant rise of technology and knowledge the need for a "god" to explain the unexplainable will always decrease and decrease.

>inb4 /pol/ larping as fundamentalist christians and posting images of fedoras and sjws

You really don't understand how people work, do you? Right now the more fantastic aspects of "science" are dazzling and wondrous. People see pictures of space and shit, and then think "Ah, ha. This must have all the answers. Fuck all the ideologies this is in conflict with." This is the exact same reaction peasants would have upon seeing cathedrals or stained glass windows, or organ music. They were wowed into devotion. People are subscribing to atheism not because they really think its the right and true way, but because its associated with interesting and amusing things. As the "wonders of science" become more mundane, other faith based ideologies (not necessarily religious) will fill the void.

tldr; if you think people are going to stop being superstitious and spiritual, you're dead wrong.

>Will atheism, in the end, be the world's prominent belief? If it will happen, how will the world become?

Atheism isn't a belief. You're confusing the rise of naturalism as just some vague "Atheism".

And given how atheism is falling away the world over besides the west and Generation Z seems the most religious in a long time I can't say it looks good for prominence. However the acceptance of naturalism will hinge dramatically on the study of consciousness.

No, because their is no utility nor reason in atheism.

nope, in fact Atheists are dying out:
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/07/why-people-with-no-religion-are-projected-to-decline-as-a-share-of-the-worlds-population/

the future belongs to Chinese Christians and European Muslims.

>And given how atheism is falling away the world over besides the west and Generation Z seems the most religious in a long time
source? google says the opposite of this

Practical atheism already is the world's most prominent belief, even among so-called Christians. They claim to believe but they live their lives as if they didn't. They hardly follow the rules and are in cognitive dissonance with respect to the claims of science. What will the world look like? The same as now.

The world will gravitate towards Pantheism in the future as the world religions begin to blur into themselves following increased globalization and the collapse of the modern era that is coming. We will return to the glorious era of the Bronze age on a global level, HALLELUJAH.OMETEOTL.INSHALLAH.AJO

discord.gg/6VC5Unc

WE WUZ PANTHEISTS N SHEEIT

Christianity is seen as a meme religion in China

It's not catching on here in a meaningful way

>Will atheism, in the end, be the world's prominent belief?

No, that would be Islam

I don't believe it for a minute. Religion has been challenged in countless ways, and is still alive and (politically) relevant as ever.

If anything I think more and more people are not going to identify with a token religion and more with general spiritual feelings. But religion instincts seem to run deep.

If this stuff interests you read Peter Berger. He was part of a group of sociologists who reckoned that religion would decline as technology advanced, they were obviously proved entirely wrong, and he revised his stuff. Has written some really interesting things about what purpose religion serves for people.

Religion will just be replaced with political ideology.

>All these people hurrying to become atheists, meanwhile, my worship of Abraxas has made my health better.

>go to bed Xi
that's not what any of the data says.

>atheism
>a belief

I fucking hate you americans

> energy just showed up day and formed the universe
> a bunch of desert homeless dudes literally pranked the entire world
Sure thing man

>Will atheism, in the end, be the world's prominent belief?
No, Islam will

>knowledge
None exists.
Delusion is far from knowledge