Growing weed legally

Thinking about moving to Colorado and growing some bud to sell to dispensaries. I heard this is very profitable and I have the chance to move across the country. What does biz think? Hear you can make over 10k a month

>he wants to compete against experienced growers/sellers in a saturated market he knows nothing about

Live in Seattle OP. The time has passed. The places that are huge now got in on the early gold rush when the city only allocated a few businesses and they could charge pretty much whatever they wanted. Flash forward a couple of years and there's a pot shop on every block and the competition has pushed prices down extremely low (.

You cannot make 10k a month. I'm in Co at the moment, it's oversaturated mostly by the superstar scientist tier growers from all over the country that wanted to go legal. They make an assload, you will end up like one of the thousands of homeless cropping up with the same idea.

MA would be more profitable.

More colleges too. More opportunities to sell there.

former ganjafarmer here

>for 10k a month you would need a huge operation
>market is saturated with lots of growers who have years of experience growing illegaly before it got legalized
>you cant start a huge operation from scratch, you need to learn the basics with a smaller setup first
>competition is cutthroat and prices are already dumping because of the huge supply

yeah youre a bit late to the party, user

Well shit I might just go there to grow for myself lol.

Look up new COB LEDs like the Bridgelux Vero29 SE version B or D, build your own rig, use Jack's Hydroponic, Calcium Nitrate, and Magnesium sulfate at 3-2-1 grams/gallon respectively. No less than 500 watts per square meter of canopy. Grow in 6 inch grodan rockwool cubes in flood and drain trays with a coconut fiber mat on the bottom. Use a trellis net. Keep your temps above 75 at all times including dark periods, and your RH at about 60%. You don't sell to dispensaries, you sell to people that take it out of the state (90% of weed grown in any legal state leaves the state).

Your net cost per unit should be around $30, if electricity is under $.10/kwh and you aren't paying trimmers (get a dry trimmer and a power washer). It's way harder work than you think it is, and you'll be lonely and resent everyone you work with. Anyone can make money, just don't be an idiot and buy products marketed to the cannabis market. The commercial scene may seem huge right now, but it's dominated by fucking idiots and you can undercut them all day every day.

you should grow mushrooms instead. you'd easily make 10k a month.

Open up a microbrewery while you're at it and offer hot yoga classes

How?

mushroom microbrews and hot yoga trips? sounds like 10k a month to me.

Yeah but I'd need to sell on alphabay in that case and don't want to do anything illegal

basically, you grow mushrooms and put them in vials and sell them on alphabay.

You can't make any money, and your weed will be shitty. Stores make the dosh now, not growers. You literally can't grow great pot for the prices people pay now.

Wtffff is alphabay lmao?? sounds like yuge scamming potential for cryptos

dude it's not really "illegal". let's not worry about that right now just think about making 10k a month. we'll talk about that later. i thought you wanted 10k a month?

Right now is a good time to get into it faggot. Keep saying that for a year or 2 meanwhile OP will be making money selling something he is growing on his free time.

Im starting to grow in california i don't think it's too late to start i think right now is the time to start and get good at doing whatever it is you do related to cannabis. even if you don't deal with cannabis you can deal with products and business around it, such as growing equipment, apps for weed, testing equipment, etc..

Im not planning for it to be my main source of income, just maybe an extra 6-10k a year

why not do it?

Are u an agent? Don't encourage illicit activity on Veeky Forums

op doesn't need a hobby you fucking retard, he needs 10k a month.

good good. just give me your skype and we can go over the details face to face.

>Step up your crypto game

that tranny knuckle dragger belongs in an oven.

>op doesn't need a hobby you fucking retard
i can tell you are a fun person to hang out with

we are never going to hang out, pervert. get off me.

I don't need 10k a month. It'd be nice to have but I just wanted to hear biz thoughts on something outside of crypto for once

that is a fair point. have you looked into crypto? definitely 10k a month there too.

holy shit you are a faggot.

has Veeky Forums just been over ran with autistic sperg lords lately?

Yes it has. No more (you)s for them from me

i'm sure if you weren't a repeat sex offender from mexico you wouldn't need to move to colorado to grow mushrooms. in an ideal world you wouldn't come here for life advice. that's just how the cow ate the cabbage now isn't it?

is there a need for lighting control software/products? integrating pumps and hvac possibly aswell. Basically just smart timers controlled from computer with intensity/ periods etc.

Competition is fierce. You have to grow top tier buds to be able to sell. That takes years of practice. If you don't have a mentor or an assistant with expereience with the specific variety you will be burning money for the 1st 2-5 years. Coloroado doesn't allow for outdoor cultivation. Has to be all sealed in greenhouse. Other states are more lenient but it depends on the county. Look up light Deps- greenhouse grows, 3 harvests a year depending on elevation.

this.

Don't buy the snake oil they sell at hydro stores. Waste of money. Do your research and purchase ferts wholsale. If you have to use hydrostore stuff stick with foxafarm. Same with things like rooting powder- the shit they sell at hydro stores (IBA) will be like $50 when you can get better shit for $5 at home depot.

Soiless is the easiest. Stay away from hydro unless you are an autist who can be available 24/7- shit can go wrong really fast in hydro and you have a small window to catch it.

People think herb is easy money. It's not. its fucking farming and a lot can go wrong if you don't know your shit. start small and work your way up.

Then selling the shit is a whole nother deal. Thats a huge pain in the ass. Dispensaries have preferred vendors and it takes years to establish relationships.

Also every strain is completely different and requires certain needs. Sativa's and indicas require different feeding schedules, temperatures and light intensities. Most varieties are a combination of the two and can vary widely just within their own strain.

As much automation as possible. We are dealing with forgetful stoners here. Hydro I'd say 75% automation minimum.

Thank you for the detailed post

Grow your own for fun but you'll never make a living doing it.

Go read peoples grow journals if you are curious.

Alot of peoples first couple tries end poorly with grassy buds not even an 8th grader would smoke.

He knows his shit, sounds like. If you know a grower you hear what they go through, and he didn't even mention becoming a target for criminals.

i mean i want to make a product and sell it to growers. Currently work in the field but they use regular commercial office control systems to the grow ops if been too.

Yup. Not saying you can't eventually make good money. It just takes years and sticking with specific strains, and good genetics. The internet can tell you everything you need to know. But Colorado is an amazing place. I know people there that only wagecuck 6 months out of the year ( winter and summer) and get laid off in the slow seasons and get to travel on unemployment.

Depends how you do it user. Gotta spend money to make money. Pic related was one of my last rooms

There are plenty of products out there already. A lot has popped up in the last few years for automation. But its a growing industry. There will only be more need.

better used space

Are those flood trays?

Soilfag here

Yeah lol

Fuark, nice

my dumb ass decided to DWC out the gate. Took 3 years to figure out. Still paying off debt. But es ok now.

Ive only ever grown a single plant but got 7oz of topdank

Used 25 gal with soil + LED & some t5's

feck yeah user she's a sweet peach

cheers yours too

I think this is still doable but I might go at it a bit differently. I have family who are hobby farmers and they only get about $100 maximum per oz selling to dispensaries for great looking weed. I think the money now is in oils so I'd look in to that

>practice growing for a few years
>wait for another state to legalize it
>uproot my operation to become an early starter in the new state