Occultism & Magick: Library Update 51 - Babylonian

/sum/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/HhU18gCW (embed)

Library:
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
Presence: Intimacy of All Experience (epub) ((Looks like some Levinas shit; good companion to Totality and Infinity. Far as I can tell this is a text on Samadhi wrapped in Western philosophical jargon))
Death and Changing Rituals: Function and Meaning in Ancient Funerary Practices (epub).
Making Sense of Things: Archaeology of Sense Perception.
Darwinian Archaeology. (Memes Genes and Human History, old edition).

>Babylonian
Aramaic Ritual Texts from Perseopolis.
Incantations and Anti-Witchcraft Texts from Ugarit.
Forerunners of Udug-Hul.
Supru: A Collection of Aramaic and Akkadian Incantations.

>Eastern>China
Astronomy and Mathematics in Ancient China.

>European
Satanism and Magick in Fin-de-siecle France.

>Golden Dawn
Ancient Texts of the Golden Rosicrucians.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utukku
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugarit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_de_siècle
abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sortby=1&tn=equinox
lulu.com/spotlight/equinox_crowley
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanchuniathon#The_work
youtube.com/watch?v=oRSTy9ir6zs
billheidrick.com/works/hgm2/hg0210.htm#218
parareligion.ch/sunrise/xi.htm
amazon.com/Hunt-Morning-Janet-Siskind/dp/0195017137/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493065736&sr=8-1&keywords=siskind to hunt in the morning
youtube.com/watch?v=Tdeeputb2JE
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Udug-Hul
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utukku
>Ugarit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugarit
>Fin-de-siecle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_de_siècle

How's life treating you, ape?

It'll be treating me better in two and a half weeks.

abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sortby=1&tn=equinox
Jesus wept.

At least that's good to hear.

>Equinox 4:2
>6k
wtf

What the hell happened?
Did Breeze fuckin' die or something?

Dat 1992 Mandrake is sexy tho.

Frankly, the only edition I'm interested in is Parsons' which allegedly had Hubbard's liner notes. Sold in the late aughts for something like 10k to an anonymous buyer out of the Helen Parsons-Smith collection.

Thanks ape i always apricate the updates

My Babylonian folder's gettin' nice and fat.

Oh, btw guys:
Hardcover facsimiles, Equinox Vol 1 nos 1-10.
200 total at 20 a pop (plus s/h).
lulu.com/spotlight/equinox_crowley

Not bad at all, thanks for this.

Anyhow the Ugaritic and other associatied Babylonian and not-quite-Babylonian-but-close-enough-Neo-Assyrian materials shed some serious light on old Biblical paganism of he tribes and nations hostile to Israel.

Most of what I present is tied together with magical incantations; evokations and invokations, for various practical purposes. Easy enough to reconstruct.

Then there's a touch of protective stuff (in the file that's just numbers, thought I'd changed that long ago) as well as some historical analysis which can be construed as enough to build a ritual theology.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanchuniathon#The_work
^May be very helpful.

Also,
Inca astrotheology:
youtube.com/watch?v=oRSTy9ir6zs

Fucking
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anyone look at the numberman.net gematria calculator recently?

Bump for books.

>Death and Changing Rituals: Function and Meaning in Ancient Funerary Practices

thiiiis seems cool

Is there anything regarding spiritual/demonic entities?

Yeah, that's sort of the point of the library.

See the Grimoires folder and the /sum/ pastebin.

I know which is why I added it. I try to limit the amount of archaeology I throw in the library but some stuff's too important to miss. I avoided "Memes, Genes..." for years but really it's fairly relevant to the more advanced Work.

thank you

Random question - numerical significance of 218? I know there's like a group that uses that number for its current. Feel free to take the answer back to the /x/ thread.

Just a question.

I've come across a psychedelic type of entities.

I've even seen them on dmt in hyperspace, where they hang out and stuff.

The atmosphere of their halls are somewhat vapory/aesthetics with Greek columns

Some of them dress as many young men in my area. They're buzzcut with a bit longer hair on the top of their heads, and are dressed in street wear, with plugs in their earlobes.

They're either humanoid entities or human idk.

But they unlocked my mind, allowing me to be in contact with them 24/7 and told me to respect what I do..

I don't quite know what I was searching for while on lsd, but it was either them or an intergalactic consciousness.

I didn't respect the drug nor the craft, which is why they have punished me.

I don't really want to know how to get rid of them, as I see they should have the option to do it themselves.

Either they take back the demonic contact connection or I will kind of get used to it and evolve to their level..

I just wanted to know if you have some experience on this subject, which you probably have.

Have you run into entities which fits my description?

I'm also open to the possibility that they're human, but i can find no logical way that this could be the case

long story short I don't really know what I'm asking, perhaps an assessment of the situation?

>218
I've tried to work out what those Darque Fluff queers were doing with their gematria in Current 218 but nothing particularly obvious cropped up.... billheidrick.com/works/hgm2/hg0210.htm#218 ... so it's likely a self constructed formula.

Yeah.
Don't worry about it too much.
There's a lot of weird shit lying in the DMTspace. The vast majority of it is unreachable scenery unless you have VERY extensive training and/or guidance. I remember one trip; they were waiting for me, sitting at a table with coffee in a house in a cornfield, sipping coffee. Just like you or I would.

I've seen shit on DMT that have made other practitioners go sideways. See one "grey"-like entity and it's easy to start making wild assumptions from there.

Lay off the drugs for a couple months, that'd be my advice.

Banish if you're paranoid. LBRP. Google.

I had a serious breakthrough on my third trip. but I can't explain it now, maybe later

I smoked that shit twice a day for the better part of a year.

1) This is sorta off topic for the board but there's a thread on /x/ if you wanna type something up for me to look at after stats.
2) Cool your jets on the high-powered hallucinogens. Trust me.

lel, the heidrick gemtria lists "new thing"

holy hell
and they didn't give you hell for abusing it?

Did you develop a tolerance? I'm sure to some degree, but nowhere near like what would happen with LSD, I imagine?

I've heard a fellow lsd user tell me that high doses of lsd gets to become very dmt like at the peak

I wasn't comparing the effects of the drugs, just asking for a comparison of how a tolerance develops after prolonged use.

ah you're right,, my bad

I know it sounds like a bit of a cheeseball question, but from a magicians perspective what separates technology from magic?

I mean if chemistry grew out of alchemy, and astronomy grew out astrology, is there any actual difference beside a decision to embrace secularism?

Idiot..

Science simply assumes that a part of reality does not exist.
Note that this does not make the scientific model of the universe wrong--only incomplete.

Could armies actually have magicians who'd summon spirits to spread discord in enemy ranks ?
Why wasn't it weaponized ?

Nothing.
Both rely on replication.
Both rely on experimentation.
Both rely on oversight of competent contemporaries.

The only difference is when it's a psych experiment the secular masturbates furiously but when it's a religious experiment using roughly the same framework they have an autistic meltdown.

Tolerance to DMT reverts to zero after approx. 1 hour depending on biochemistry.

Yes, actually, a lot of it but even when they threatened death, I was all like "lol go fuck yourself"; they had to threaten to stop giving me access to the tripspace for me to back off, which I did, hard, because they were tailoring their negative responses to my reward systems.

I still smoke that trash, occasionally. Last time I was treated to a vision of Nuit on a stripper pole while my buddy had violent hallucinations of a forced abduction complete with esophageal intubation (he puked when that part of the trip came around).

But, again, this isn't Veeky Forums topical discussion.

>Why wasn't it weaponized ?
>implying

>Thus the sorcerers encrypt subversive “texts” onto individual and social bodies, aiming for lethal intent. (Bacigalupo, 2005). In some Melanesian traditional societies, the colonial suppression of traditional modes of justice, such as revenge and vendetta, and the imposition of European-based modes have spurred expansions and mutations of assault sorcery (Stewart and Strathern 1999, 2004). When older forms of warfare become futile or nearly so, new syntheses of mystical ideas and ritual practices, intending deadly assault, emerge from the interstices of the old and the newly encountered systems.

Link trips spam filter, search "assault sorcery" "oxford handbook" on google.

what can you tell me about the following subjects in the occult

hermaphrodites
traps
homosexuality
ritual sex
homosexual undertones in freemason rituals and other such groups
cuckoldry

>hermaphrodites
>traps
Comparatively little, it's not my sphere of interest, though you may wanna look into Storm Constantine and follow up with discussion in the /x/ thread because it's not historical.

>homosexuality
A lot. See Crowley's disparate 11th degree OTO comments, some of his ritual work (Bartzabel, Cephaloedium), as well as the reconstructed Patrick King 11th Degree supplements.

>ritual sex
Even more; I've got Kurt Rudolph's Gnosis: Nature and History of Gnosticism which explores the Bridechamber ritual.
I've got the largest Abhnavagupta/Uttara Kaula Trika folder online, plus a substantial amount of Vajrayana.
I've got all of Crowley's published and most of his unpublished works, as well as a "sex magick" folder that starts you off on the basic mechanics of ritual sex.

>homosexual undertones in freemason rituals and other such groups
Relatively few unless you're talking of OTO, and even then it's a background thing as the successive degrees before 11 are hetero, and 12 appears to be hetero as well, insomuch as it exists.

>cuckoldry
If you're talking raising someone else's kid, I don't have much. On the other hand, open sexuality =/= cuckoldry.

>12 appears

12?

>Nothing
That's what I thought.
Which makes me wonder what the Hebrews actually meant when they prohibited witchcraft. It also makes me wonder whether or not our whole natural/supernatural science/magic way of looking at the world is an unintended byproduct of practitioners waving away criticism by saying ,"Magic? Witchcraft? lol stop being so superstitious, this is just... uh... SCIENCE! Yeah that's the ticket, I'm doing science, it's all perfectly above board. By the way, I hear there's an old woman selling abortifacient potions in the woods, why don't you go bother her instead...."

wow, interesting, thanks

parareligion.ch/sunrise/xi.htm

I am surprised how gay Crowley was and that he convinced followers (mainly middle aged men) to perform sex magick rituals on him. Does he represent the true occult dating back to the templars though? Have you ever participated in such a ritual? What was it like?

The 12th Degree OTO that's not been assumed since Crowley.

Germer wasn't a 12.
Breeze isn't 12th; he won't even sign himself as 11th, just "OHO".

You should be surprised at how gay he wasn't, what with the wives and kids and scarlet women.

>Does he represent the true occult dating back to the templars though?
Depends on what you mean. OTO only assumes the role of Templars as allegory.

>Participated in such a ritual
I've participated in sexual magick and, OTO, and A.'.A.'. initiations, with zero homosexual content.

>they were tailoring their negative responses to my reward systems.
what does this mean though?

That they're reactive on the basis of familiarity.

If we wanna start a historical discussion of DMT in general, we could start with a recommendation for Siskind's "To Hunt in the Morning".

amazon.com/Hunt-Morning-Janet-Siskind/dp/0195017137/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493065736&sr=8-1&keywords=siskind to hunt in the morning

Shouldn't you crazies be posting on /x/?

O my brother, come with me into the field.

tbf, ape tried to keep this thread historical, but we were admittedly sidetracked by the DMT/aliens thing

>
what is draped over his crotch

Explain to me, carefully, what about the library's contents, particularly the update, is off topic.

Idle bump.

Is the Seven Dedications unto Exile in the Psalterium Caini a self-initiatic rite? It sure smells like one.

lemme check

>Which is the Mirror and which is the Mask?
>>>B.'.A.'.O.'. A.'.A.'.N.'.

Yes, but very very lightweight and redacted from the full initiation.

It's missing a golden chain, a skull, and the mask itself.

Another bump.

DMT twice a day for a year? How was that?

>It has been the particular responsibility of the hoaratu to ensure that the scarlet macaw god and his spirits do not become enraged and are appeased with a supply of human victims (J. Wilbert, in Whitehead and Wright, 2004b).

Why is appeasing gods with human sacrifice so popular around the world? (Talking about old civilizations)

>Thus to be killed by the hoaratu is to be utterly extinguished without hope of immortality in the other world. Like the kanaima sorcerers among Carib-speaking peoples of northern Amazonia, and the iupithatem sorcery deployed by the Guahibo of the Orinoco Valley (Wright, 2013), the individual is to be completely terminated and erased ontologically, ultimately becoming the food of the gods.

This sounds really brutal desu, why do they get their kicks off consuming humans? Even worse killing children...

>hope of immortality in the other world
What's your personal belief regarding immortality or afterlife?

>What's your personal belief regarding immortality or afterlife?
Metaphysical conjecture.

>their kicks
It's not all shits and gigs. Much of it is cosmological.

>Why is appeasing gods with human sacrifice so popular around the world? (Talking about old civilizations)
Blood makes the grass grow.

P. brutal.

Just gonna bump this.

Thanks friend-o.

you don't have the correspondence between AC and Sam Aiwaz Jacobs, or david curwen, do you?

Just out of curiosity is your library the same as that torrent on /t/ of occult library?

And do you happen to have a scan somewhere of your illuminati text I recall you mention a while back that got taken down?

Also have a bump and thanks.

I'll hit you up after class when I'm back with my trip.

did you just come from watching that yezidi talk by Azi Rasa?

If not, youtube.com/watch?v=Tdeeputb2JE

Azi Rasa is on FB, you could try hitting him up, if you want the correspondences

No, actually, I do not carry a copy of Brother Curwen, Brother Crowley.

It's nice historical discussion, but is almost entirely useless as far as mysticism is concerned.

Curwen was in contact with a group known as the Holy Order of Krsna which passed on to him a copy of Ananda Lahare which was annotated by a Kaula.

The book in question covers zero of this highly important information, and I do not know where the letter mansucripts are.

I dunno; may be.
I do know there's a torrent of my library floating around that's about two years out of date...begged folks not to because it's on constant update.

Nobody wanting a torrent listened or cared.

Old world pagan/ initiate into the occult. I've been practicing the ancient Roman religion for a year now, and with that I've indulged myself into Egyptian religion, and other forms of esoteric cults and religions. How viable is it to get into Roman magi? And where do I read up on Roman magi?

Ayo that SUNDS report I requested for the third world dude wanting a scan just arrived; gonna pick it up after work.

In the Euro folder, just added a text on Roman state religion last update. Check the 4plebs archives, search /x/ and Veeky Forums for threads with my username and "library" in the subject.

>Holy Order of Krsna which passed on to him a copy of Ananda Lahare which was annotated by a Kaula.
>The book in question covers zero of this highly important information, and I do not know where the letter mansucripts are.
Dang, thanks, is there much in there on crowley's understanding of Tantra? I guess that's a no on Jacobs too huh?

>Jacobs
?
OH shit, yeah, no, I'm not AWARE that I have any correspondances, but I keep the Yorke Microfilms of the Warburg Collection; crack open the index and see if anything you're interested in over at the 'Letters' reel.

That copy of Ananda Lahare was passed to Crowley and Grant.

If AC said anything about it, it's lost.

Crowley DID however consider suing the dogshit out of the author of "Secrets of the Kaula Circle" for accusing him of being something of an initiate.

Tried that, no such luck, but thanks again. While looking I saw that he drafted a letter to a young Krishnamurti before his break with the theosophists. Too bad, that correspondence could have had interesting consequences. I'd love to have seen JK's handlers lose their monocles over it.

Ape, what's the deal with Dion Fortune, in Psychic Self-Defence? It's a book I've been meaning to read for years, finally got to it, and was a bit...put off? There's a lot of neat anecdotes in there, some good background stuff and what seems to be decent practical advice, but then I feel like parts of it seem to border on mental illness or be aimed at the mentally ill...
Then there is the part where she literally recommends abandoning the Work and calling Jesus to see what his cuckolding schedule looks like, in the event of an 'attack.'

Is this *not* aimed at initiates? Am I not a member of the target audience? Thanks

>Is this *not* aimed at initiates?
Nope.
Dion's......well, Dion.
Grains of salt, etc.

Other than half of thelemites being some form of therapist, what's SOP when all the KNOW THYSELF embedded into the first couple grades goes ignored and somebody has a psychic emergency? Even Queen of Hell has some exercises for getting over dead ex-girlfriends and half of every other system is straight self-help. Even the edgiest medieval grimoire has a warning and some contingencies attached.

Related, I had a kek when all Chumbley offers is a verse rendition of "Don't do this shit nigga" and tells you to warm up with some yoga or something.

>KNOW THYSELF embedded into the first couple grades goes ignored and somebody has a psychic emergency?
Therapy, drugs, and/or psychoanalysis.

>Related, I had a kek when all Chumbley offers is a verse rendition of "Don't do this shit nigga" and tells you to warm up with some yoga or something.
Hold my chalice and watch this.
>You are like a little Neophyte.

>Dion's......well, Dion.

What did he mean by this?

Also,
I haven't read much of her other stuff. Any of it, in fact. What's your take on her S.o.I.L.? I remember hearing about it briefly at some point, never knew much about what they did.

>What did he mean by this?
To take her with a grain of salt because she's not exactly an initiate.

She's meh all around. I'd expect the same out of any group she's integral to (and the Stella Matutina was NOT driven by Dion).

She seems a little Satanic Panicky, too, with her "Modern Black Masses use inverted crosses and patens made of human shit and period blood mixed with flour." IDK I just went from reading Crowley to Regardie to Fortune so I'm experiencing a bit of intellectual shock.

She could never rectify her friendship with Crowley and his transgressive nature.

>Turn back if Thou hast not duly undertaken the rightful disciplines, such as do perfect the Substance and the Essence of Thy Being.
After reading your notes, I'm more reticent than I was. I knew it was transgressive, I knew the vehiculæ of said transgression. What I didn't know was how many layers of transgression were going on. SUCC

She had issues with sex out of wedlock until late in life.

Ha is she referring to him? There was one passage where she was bitching about sex/drugs as a part of occult practices that I was beginning to think was about Crowley, though she doesn't name him, and appears to accuse him of using ritual as a 'lure' of some sort...idk for sure she was referring to Crowley though. She also references a time someone tried to initiate her into some system, but the 'occult police' or Jesus or whomever told her to resist. I'm sure you've read it... IDK she seems to talk/act like a high-level initiate, then bash actual high initiates, then unnecessarily reference 'secret formulas' like a badge of honor... IDK man I'm still trying to sift thru it in my mind. I started yesterday and finished early this morning, maybe I just need time to process the contradictions?

TL;DR she seems to shit talk Crowley without actually saying his name, I'm fucking confused about what the actual fuck I read.

I just want to share the historically accurate, UNEDITED photo of L.H. Oswald, that the gubmint don't want ya ter see!

Bump.

>>Babylonian
I'll take that Thank You and trade you the script for my Opening of the Mouth next thread on /x/.

thanks for these resources. The Reformed druid stuff is cringy as hell. Holy Shit. Too bad we'll never have resources on true Druidism

I know but feel sorta remiss not hosting it. It's been on the way out for a while, may delete it soon.

Sweet; I incorporate the Cannibal Hymns to Liber Cadaveris.

Philosophy as a rite of rebirth: from ancient egypt to neoplatonism

If we're going full Neoplatonic I highly recommend the Chaldean Oracles.

Hey ape is the mega link i got out of the old library of Alexandria thread stil
The rather updated collection or is that the one thats out of date?

My link stays the same. If you have this link:
>mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
Then you have access to my current library. You won't immediately know it's updated unless you synch or lurk the threads, but I always upload the texts to the same cloud (so long as I"m not having account issues or whatever, I think i've been through three links).

I haven't seen an LoA thread around here for a long while but I could maybe convinced to host a few for y'all once finals stop punching my nutsack.

Still one of the best texts on the subject. Watcha gonna do?

I'd say go for it. It's kind of misleading with everything else being really interesting. Part of their text literally discusses doing laundry or something stupid.

Eh I feel there are some decent recommendations in it, but there are better ways to go about a lot of what she says. I don't think abandoning the Work to start giving blowies to J.C. is a great idea, unless you're schizo and occult activities make you schiz out or something.

Bump.

It's my interpretation of her attitude, that she suggests this because the work is a can of worms a lot of people can't adequately manage and there's the potential to nigh brick yourself if you play with the wrong things "to see if it works". Most of the important parts of the work can be gleaned by people who /genuinely/ understand the underlying messages of Christianity; Humility, Acceptance, Compassion, Patience, Thoughtfulness, and Sincerity. Those things all play a part in the work in a great many systems, and are the foundation to a higher state of being. There's also the fact that by pursuing the work you'll encounter temptations to play in the material and lose sight of the real goal with all the parlour tricks and subtle ego reinforcement you pick up along the way.

I mean, IDK who ever said to try things "just to see if they work." That sounds dumb as hell, and the things you list in the last sentence are all things any initiate ought to have reinforced by his studies, and therefore should not require abandoning the Work *and* reverting to Christism. Neither of those two things are good, in my book.
>underlying messages of Christianity
You forgot submission of the will, fetishization of BDSM (which is fine by me, as I'm into that, but it is a real element in Christianity), slave-like devotion to the petty, angry, jealous god, &c.

IDk I'm just turned off by a lot of what she has to say. She's ok though I guess. i'm certainly not getting *rid* of the book.

Yep thats the one i had saved and thanks i tried to start a LoA about 2 mobths ago but it flopped i git a new cpu and lost most of my stuff but i had your link still around i thank you for everything though you are the best.

Friend, you're badly out of touch if you don't understand that younglings or neophytes will pick things up outside their depth and dabble recklessly. It's obvious that you have a bone to pick with the teachings; So I'm just going to point out that you're clearly letting your biases control you, instead of being in control of your mind/emotions. You seek to see only the negative and reinforce what you *want* to see, do not be a slave to the subtleties of the ego, it will only hinder you in the long run.

Rather well said.

I think Christianity is dangerous, but not necessarily more dangerous than secularism. It's not a simple problem.

>make an oath
>break it when the going gets tough
Yep, I'm horribly out of touch RE: the repercussions of breaking such an oath. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I never said people wouldn't do things out of their depth. I DID say there is a better way to go about handling it than Christianity and abandoning the Work.

Do you think it is a *good* idea to instill in the neophyte the idea that, when things go wrong, your best bet is to give up and revert emotionally and spiritually to one's youth? Because that's the recommendation of hers that I am speaking out against.