Architecture Thread

Sup Veeky Forums, gonna post some architecture here. Also am looking for yryl tier images of famous buildings/statues being torn down/replaced by brutalist garbage.

"So, what do you want your library to look like?"
"How about a giant turkey?"

Looks like pic related, the Catholic cathedral in Liverpool, England.

What is it with Catholics and building fucking ugly churches for their magic sky jew to live in?

What does Veeky Forums have to say about veneer construction? I don't mind it as long as it makes sense architecture-wise and the materials are aren't fake.

here in queensland, australia it's the wrong way to build
t. studying building design

>Also am looking for yryl tier images of famous buildings/statues being torn down/replaced by brutalist garbage.

Who fucking cares.

>A civillized architecture thread on Veeky Forums
>Oh no here comes the brutalists

>t. Gommie

Hah! I grew up there. Well, across that wide street to the right.

the confederation building, one of the few non-religious buildings here with some sense of aesthetic put into it

Any heat insulation must be on the 'cooler' side of the wall - i.e. reverse from what that picture shows. Otherwise moisture gets trapped in the bricks and the whole construction deteriorates badly. On that picture that insulation should be between a brick wall (instead of drywall) and OSB sheathing.
Why do they teach you it's wrong? Im curious.

I'm not him, but I'm pretty sure they teach that because it's dishonest. Veneers give the illusion that more work was put into a building than what was actually the case.

Brutalists get out

this one is a sketch for a james bond movie, the best way to understand the idea of a design is allways looking for the drawings
Veeky Forumsfag who used to study architecture at university

perhaps you could contribute instead of gomplain )))))))))))))

>I left a bunch of brutalist buildings because they were kinda neat
>I read a wikipedia article about architecture for 5 minutes

r u me )))))))

A distinct lack of architecture is better than the very opposite of the purpose of architecture.