Which are some of the jobs that won't exist in the next 10-20 years?

Which are some of the jobs that won't exist in the next 10-20 years?

Stock trader.

i went to a supermarket the other day and the cashier doesnt even handle the money anymore
you put the cash into a little slot and it gives you your change automatically
all the cashier does is scan the items
the way i see it all cashiers could be replaced by robots right now. how hard can it be to scan the items automatically?
its those kind of low-end jobs that are going to drop away first.

journalist

Driving jobs
Manufacturing job
Customer service jobs

How the fuck would universal income work though, I mean what the hell is everyone going to do with all there free time?

I think most jobs will still exist with more limited demand as automation replaces some but not all workers in any field.
I think we have another 100+ years until robots are cheaper than laborers in many businesses.

Definitely truck and delivery drivers

Self driving car technology is already out on cars like Teslas are already on the road

i think a lot of people would off themselves because they have zero passions/purpose in their life beyond wageslaving
the state would probably have to hand out antidepressants like crazy
or maybe some smart people come up with some projects to give people a sense of community and purpose
who knows

much bigger question, whos gonna pay for UBI? the few productive members that are left would be squeezed even harder to pay for a bunch of useless morons who have no place in the new economy.

If I became supreme ruler I would rotate the population through the few jobs there are so everyone contributes and no one is left doing everything.

Other than that inventing and art are about all we are good at that machines suck at.

Bankers.

> How the fuck would universal income work though, I mean what the hell is everyone going to do with all there free time?
There'll never be uni income in the USA, that's beyond commie.

If it ever happens it would be due to corporations implementing mass automisation which should make them more profitable so it would make sense to get them to contribute. Not that that would ever happen though

neet Crypto trader

There already is ubi, it's called welfare and ebt.

Supply chain manager.

>How the fuck would universal income work though, I mean what the hell is everyone going to do with all there free time?

It won't, jobless faggots will starve and the dip between rich-poor will be even bigger.

translation and interpretation will surely die

if anyone around you is studying translation in any language, tell them they're gonna be jobless

big problems in the future though, Universal income is basically slavery, a wage set by the state I can never break out of, have no upward social mobility, limited disposable income, can I buy a house or do I only get one in a state approved gulag?

live translating will still be a job.

These will just be replaced by people using programming to do the same jobs. You can't automate them completely since there will still be different needs for different companies, and competition based on how good the software is.
Of course this already happens in a lot of fields and one programmer might replace 20 normal workers.

You're misunderstanding, UBI is supposed to provide everyone with just enough to get food and rent, the idea is that most people will have a regular job anyway.
Of course the idea is that this is much simpler and in a way fairer than the current system with 1000 different subsidies, funds, tax deductions and shit like that.

I think live translation will be the first thing to go, as both speech recognition and text-to-speech are rapidly improving.
On the other hand I think there will still be demand for people who can translate novels, since you need much more of an artistic insight for that.

I suspect that new industries will keep popping up for a couple of centuries yet, don't forget that people were having this same discussion when the loom was invented, when steam power was reliable and again when weed killer came along.
Did you know that ~15% of the US population earned most of their income pulling weeds from crops before weed killer destroyed that industry?

In theory UBI would replace all current welfare programs. It would be just enough to cover the bare minimum of human necessity. Food, water, shelter. Anything beyond that would be considered a luxury and would require a job or additional work to earn.

The difference is the loom only affected one industry. Automation affects quite literally any repetitive physical or mental job. What do we do when people aren't required for 99% of all repetitive labor.

Yes but automation will only replace labor in businesses where that is economically viable. A robot that scams items at a checkout would be quite simple to design and build making it cheap but a robot that can replace an auto-mechanic would be orders of magnitude more complex and expensive.

This isn't going to be an overnight change, it will be very slow and if governments have half a brain (only half) they will focus on educating the population in the tasks that robots are priced out of.

20 years? Unironically 65%-70% of them

what about areas that are quite new? legal? do you hire a person or trust a robot to interpret for you in court?

after reading what you typed, I kinda hope some of those "useless morons" slit your throat and watch you flop around like a fish.

They will probably try , but they would be no match for the mech army.