Alternate History

The last thread dedicated to this died a while ago. Post alternate history maps.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_I_of_England
pastebin.com/L0ZnUqBu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Araucanía_and_Patagonia
rvbomally.deviantart.com/art/The-Spice-Must-Flow-593295450
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to have way more of these.

Also please ignore the filenames

I gotchu

>Habsburg Britannia

>It wasn't close to happening IRL

Unless you're a Frenchie reeling in terror at the mere thought of Habsburg England.

The fact the Habsburg dinasty ever came to existence is enough proof that God either doesn't exist, deliberately hates us, or has forgotten us

I'm glad we live in a world without Habsburg autism.

War of the spanish succesion was a mistake.

An alternate Latin America map I made where the European powers actually bothered to fight over the continent

I am thinking of drawing out an alternative history scenario of full Romanboo spergdom.

The basic gist of it is that the Western Roman empire never fell, and continued to exist well unto the 14th century albeit in a fractured form.

The basic butterflies are that Stilicho is not arrested and executed but instead becomes emperor through a coup, and creates a new dynasty of foederati emperors. Sack of Rome never happens by Alaric and he is checked, by confirming a peace with him by settling some Goths into the Rhine border as foederati.

Similarly Aetius is never assassinated, but defeats the Huns and settles the Franks as foederati citizens extending the Rhine border by turning them against the other Germanic tribes like the Visigoths, Suebi, Burgundi etc.

Fast forward a couple of centuries and through dynastic intermarriages some time after Justinian's reign the Roman empire has absorbed most of the barbarian tribes and made them new citizens. However these foederati soldiers go on to create their own Roman empires, in Gaul, Spain, Britain etc. after the empire fractures, resembling the feudal dynasties of the middle-ages.

Other events like Arab conquest,Viking invasions,holy war in Palestine, black plague still happen.

Is it completely Romanboo autism, or could it have happened? I am thinking that Rome becomes more like China this way. One singular culture, but varying states, dynasties, and emperors, but with a single religion, language and to some degree culture.

Was it?

>Arab Conquest still happens
Are you aware of the Byzantine-Sassanid war? The islamic conquests literally happened because of a severely weakened Byzantiun and Persia

Well in a way it's still too close to reality to be believable in some of those points. The post roman kingdoms were in all due essentiality romano barbarian kingdoms trying to keep the roman administration alive as much as possible (especially in Ostrogothic Italy). So I don't see how your fractured states could prevent the linguisitic fracture.

Plus

>varying states, dynasties, and emperors, but with a single religion, language and to some degree culture.

Excluding language you've basically described real timeline Europe.

The point would be that e.roman empire and w.roman empire would still be divided.

Sometimes they would unite by say someone like Justinian who sees himself as a true heir of Rome unlike the foederati emperors of the west.

I think Arab conquest would have happened regardless, but some areas could have been held on unto, like Carthage, Egypt , the Levant but the rest of the territories in north Africa, Iraq and Syria being lost due to the empire being disunited.

The main difference I think is that unlike OT, there would a single culture space known as "roman", therefore the language or political regime could take different forms like Vulgar Latin in OT. I think this would happen because the Germanic tribes would not come into the empire as conquerors basically erasing the central administration, local roman culture and establishing the Charlemagne style decentralised feudal system. But instead through a form of slow acculturation they would be seen as Romans themselves, whether they are Franks or Goths.

The main issue with this is how realistic would it be for Rome to halt the barbarian invasions though this process with butterflies, and the Roman empire surviving as a single entity albeit sometimes fractured politically. But then again in alternative history anything goes.

A Habsburg was titularily the King of England for 4 years from 1554 to 1558

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_I_of_England

Is Edward Gibbon the key to understand the decline and fall of the Roman Empire?
Does it matter what editor/publisher I choose?

pastebin.com/L0ZnUqBu

Thoughts?

The southern cone would've most likely ended up being Wallmapu in this reality, there's no way either french nor Iberian rule would've succeded .

A native Patagonian state? I don't know, you really think they could holdon to their land? I think the author was thinking of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Araucanía_and_Patagonia

>Amazonas and Brazillian Highlands are still in the same state

r8 doodle I just did based on unique geographical and cultural regions

>The world in 1951

It doesn't detail the poitn of departure though

>When German Panzer forces destroyed British and French forces in the summer of 1940

Oh.
What does "Swedized" mean?

I presume it means something like "Finlandised", except in this case it's Sweden being neutral while under German influence.

After googling a lot, I assume it means "independent in theory, but completely reliant on the approval of the nearby superpower"

If queen Mary had had children then yes it was the future
Also there were several candidates for the polish throne of hapsburg origin, some were even persecuted by the Nazis

>Habsburg Brittania
>Habsburg France
>Habsburg Spain

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
*Triggered*

Habsburg world system when?

nice EU4 game

This and the Spanish Armada

Can I get a quick rundown on these guys?

You can get the write-up for all of them through reverse search. I'd post it but it's just a bit too long to be posted: rvbomally.deviantart.com/art/The-Spice-Must-Flow-593295450