What technology did ice age man posses? Could they have made it to the iron age before the great melt?

What technology did ice age man posses? Could they have made it to the iron age before the great melt?

Ice age man didn't build shit, your image is misleading. He walked around picking things from the ground and running at mammals to hit them with sharp sticks.

They obviously used ice, hence the name.

Oldest modern human remains we have found are about 180 000 years old, you really think we weren't doing shit till 11-12 thousand years ago?

eh....they had the atlatl...and could make fire.

Yes.
Do you think they had mobile phones in ancient Egypt, just because we have them now and 180000 is a big number?

Not at all what I was saying. Why are you changing the goal posts? What are you afraid of?

>say stupid shit
>get corrected
>"whoa why are you correcting me, are you afraid of me?"

i read it as a joke....was i worng??

Just because I suggested our ancestors, who were no different to us biologically, weren't living in shit for over a hundred thousand years you called me a quack. Maybe be a little more open minded and less scared of ideas that are new to you.

They weren't living in shit. They were living differently.
You simply do not need to build stone structures unless you sit in one place, and you can't sit in one place unless you have agriculture, and during the fucking Ice Age they didn't have agriculture. It is a more recent development.

You don't need agriculture to build stone structures, Gobekli Tepe is proof of that. Furthermore you don't need stone structures to have a civilization.

>You don't need agriculture to build stone structures, Gobekli Tepe is proof of that.
The building there is from 10000BC at the earliest, which is when we date agriculture also.

>Furthermore you don't need stone structures to have a civilization.
Who said that? Are you replying without reading the thread?

>10000BC at the earliest
We know it was intentionally buried around 10000BC, we don't know when it was built.
>Who said that
You

You are the first and only person in this thread to even mention the word civilization.

You're right and I apologise. My point still stand though.

What point?

That men of pre-history may have had fairly advanced civilisation wiped out by the end of the ice age. What this thread is about.

This isn't a point, it is a speculation with zero proof behind it.
You are asking "what if", and then argue with people who remind you that no, there is no reason to think so.

In history is is generally accepted to interpret evidence and come to conclusions, not to come to conclusions and wonder where the evidence for that conclusion might be hiding.

How do you get civilization? You grow a crop that can be leveraged into a surplus so that a more socially prominent group can utilize the surplus to cement ideology and power.

Civilization only comes about when a society uses reorients a mode of production towards the creation of this surplus (and subsequently becomes immobile). Whether it be wheat or barley or rice or corn or...

What surplus would ice age men be able to create

Also note that with the end of the last ice age, a lot of frozen water turned into disastrous floods.

The parent species of modern grain crops had a strategy of taking advantage of post-flood conditions, which wiped out other competitors and unlocked a lot of land for grains to spread.

>Twixt when the Oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there lives an age un-dreamed of

What a a fascinating and educational stance you have

analogies are so reddit

>when the counter argument is to call out your Veeky Forums post for not being presented like an official university study

Subtle kek

You are asking "what if"

So did every scientist and philosopher, ever.

Every scientist and philosopher determined his conclusion first, and then started looking for arguments to support it?

No, you are wrong.

You're too stupid too reason with.