/ren/ Reenactment General

General discussion page for Reenactment of all periods and cultures.
Post pictures of your group or your favourite events.

Pictured: WWII US Airborne reenactors Uk

Reenactment threads always fizzle our because most people aren't willing to post pics of their kit to be ripped to pieces by anonymous strangers.

Im just going to keep posting and hope others do to. it will be interesting to see what other people are upto :)

Dumping some photos from an annual event near my hometown

lmao I had it flipped

>Literally half of them have their weapons aimed at each other

One guy has his rifle pointed at another guy, who has his rifle pointed at the cameraman

If you're going to be a reenactor, why not train for a basic level of competency? This is just dress-up.

Damn. That's heavy.

I'm not hating just curious, but why don't you guys use air soft or paintball guns dressed up like real guns? Wouldn't it be more fun to actually run around shooting and whatnot?

>reenactors wear military uniforms
>with rank chevrons and everything
>they are neverserved civilians
>this is allowed
why?

>standing directly behind the bazooka tube
what a way to get your face blown off
these dudes should receive at least some training, maybe just watch a couple of instruction tapes?

>clearly standing to the side of the bazooka
are you blind in one eye?

I've never understood this type of LARPing. I mean I guess it looks cool sometimes but what's the endgame besides looking like manchildren

Are you talking about modern reenactment or reenactment in general?

Im uneasy with the idea of reenacting periods that are too close to home as it can be seen as offensive or insulting.

Normal reenactment is about keeping history alive by recreating how people lived and died. Its more interactive than a book or a film and a lot of historical research is done by reenactors to keep their kit historically accurate.

I have spent a lot of time with a medieval reenactment group and the effort that goes towards ensuring that food and clothing was period correct is outstanding.

what kind of food m8?

also confused at op's pic. the uk has such a rich history.. yet they're LARP'ing is yankee doodles?

>literally larping

All the actual soldiers are dead or too traumatized to play dress up.

Foodwise: medieval armies would have eaten and foraged from the land, so food must be in season and the right variety for the area we are fighting in. Also a lot of work goes into translating medieval manuscripts which contain food recipes to see what spices and ingredients they had access to.
The same goes for translating medieval songs and other things.. too much to mention really.

As for reenacting as americans, there is a lot more US, German and Russian equipment surviving that reenactors can use. British equipment was rarer and often British troops used American equipment and vehicles.

get some actual modern soldiers to do it, then.
doesn't have to be senile ww2 vets