Why do atheists readily believe anything that is disparaging of religion as a proven historical fact...

Why do atheists readily believe anything that is disparaging of religion as a proven historical fact. Weren't they supposed to be skeptical and evidence-based™?

Because those "atheists" still follow the religion of the state. They are literally the same as those they decry.

Atheism is neutral. It's the natural state. You were born atheist.

How do you know that?

Did you come out of the womb with a belief in Jesus?
I don't know for certain if there is a god or not but I think that probably there isn't one so I just stay with the absence of belief that I was born with.

>Anyone who isn't a Christian is an atheist
You have a very limited view of religion.

Humans have an innate tendency to believe in a higher power, that's why every culture has a religion since the beginning of humanity.

I guess you missed this angle.

>hat's why every culture has a religion since the beginning of humanity.

Meaningless since "religion" is so broad. Ask you're actually saying is that all cultures have speculated about that nature of the world and been wrong.

The notion that theology is a dull subject is one of the strangest delusions of a stupid and uncritical age. The truth is that some of the most engrossing books ever written in the world are full of it. For example, the Gospel according to St. Luke. For example, Nietzsche's "Der Antichrist." For example, Mark Twain's "What Is Man?", St. Augustine's Confessions, Haeckel's "The Riddle of the Universe," and Huxley's Essays. How, indeed, could a thing be dull that has sent hundreds of thousands of men—the very best and the very worst of the race—to the gallows and the stake, and made and broken dynasties, and inspired the greatest of human hopes and enterprises, and embroiled whole continents in war? No, theology is not a soporific. The reason it so often seems so is that its public exposition has chiefly fallen, in these later days, into the hands of a sect of intellectual castrati, who begin by mistaking it for a sub-department of etiquette, and then proceed to anoint it with butter, rose water and talcum powder. Whenever a first-rate intellect tackles it, as in the case of Huxley, or in that of Leo XIII., it at once takes on all the sinister fascination it had in Luther's day.

>higher power

whether it's dull is simply a matter of opinion and really depends on the subject.

>During the early modern period, the term "atheist" was used as an insult and applied to a broad range of people, including those who held opposing theological beliefs, as well as suicides, immoral or self-indulgent people, and even opponents of the belief in witchcraft.[10][11][15] Atheistic beliefs were seen as threatening to order and society by philosophers such as Thomas Aquinas. Lawyer and scholar Thomas More said that religious tolerance should be extended to all except those who did not believe in a deity or the immortality of the soul.[13] John Locke, a founder of modern notions of religious liberty, argued that atheists (as well as Catholics and Muslims) should not be granted full citizenship rights.[13]

>During the Inquisition, several of those accused of atheism or blasphemy, or both, were tortured or executed. These included the priest Giulio Cesare Vanini who was strangled and burned in 1619 and the Polish nobleman Kazimierz Łyszczyński who was executed in Warsaw,[10][16][17] as well as Etienne Dolet, a Frenchman executed in 1546. Though heralded as atheist martyrs during the nineteenth century, recent scholars hold that the beliefs espoused by Dolet and Vanini are not atheistic in modern terms.

Thats not what he's saying dum dum
He's saying no one is born with innate belief in a particular faith, it's something you learn

And Jews were fucked over from time to time too. Saying no one could be Jewish is retarded.

I never said no one could be Jewish?

>3 literally whos get whacked
>"They were martyrs for atheism!"

This is as big as a joke as Bruno being held as a martyr for "free thought".

Your daily reminder that the only thing dumber than a creationist is somebody who genuinely believs that abiogenesis is possibly without a deity

You atheists are retarded. Atheism IS a belief. It's a belief that there definitely is no God. If you take a stance in the matter, it's a belief.

The lack of belief is agnosticism, or irreligion.

When you're born you're irreligious because you don't understand the concept of God.

I'm not agnostic, I'm just pointing out it's retarded to say people are born atheists. A baby doesn't come out of the womb holding a copy of "the God delusion" and posting Ricky Gervais quotes on Facebook

But babies are rock stupid. That's a pathetic endorsement.

Is baldness a type of hair ?

Why do fundies do the same thing with anything that promotes religion?

People like to believe that their grudges are justified. It's nothing new, you see it with people who believe in anything. Religious people are very bad at this as well, especially American Christians have a pretty bad persecution complex.

Atheists are particularly simple and easy to mislead though, and I can't really explain that. I think it's probably due to atheists being exponentially more likely to have autism or asperger's syndrome and therefore they don't have a pronounced ability to think critically or interpret things non-literally.

Why do people on all sides of arguments cherry pick facts to make their side look better or to be purposefully annoying.

lel I wonder if this fella is aware that the majority of Newton's work was Bible study

>& Humanities

sage goes in all fields

False. Humans seem to be innately spiritual, not religious.

because like most people, most atheists are idiots

it doesn't matter whether they were actually atheists, what matters is that the charges used to put them to death was atheism. that a non-murderer is charged with murder doesn't change the fact that murder is illegal

Go fuck yourself and your relativism.

Define "religion"
Define "spirituality"

>it doesn't matter whether they were actually atheists

You misunderstood. It's like polygamy or communism, it's illegal but no one does shit to them 99.9999% of the time.

>criticises other people's logic
>makes mass generalisations and uses the composite/division fallacy

>Why do atheists readily believe anything that is disparaging of religion as a proven historical fact.

Damn son, it's almost like humans have confirmation bias.

Baldness can arguably be considered a hairstyle, yes. If I asked you a question about someone's hairstyle and they didn't have any hair, you'd probably just respond with "they're bald". Just like zero is a number and black is a color. Atheism isn't a religion, but it is a type of belief. "No" is always "yes" to a different question.
Fun fact: There's no such thing as a "negative claim" in propositional logic. Only an affirmative claim that asserts the non-existence of something.

>hates subjectivity
>his only retort is based on muh feels

And the Gold for Mental Gymnastics this year goes to... user. Congrats, you're a massive fag.

Existence isn't even a thing in propositional logic, you need predicate logic for that.

How can we speak of things without referring to existence?

You can be agnostic and atheist at the same time.

>I have nothing to retort you with so imma call you a faggot

Cuck

Did you come out the womb with advanced biology, no ergo biology is a spook

you're all fucking retards

Including me and you?

Who are you speaking to and how is he the embodiment of "all fucking retards"?

>a few morons now speak for everyone within a demographic I don't like
I suppose that makes every Christian an insane, science-denying backwoods Protestant hick.

Explain exactly why it isn't possible. Show your work.

>>makes mass generalisations
>being this autistic

Only atheists believe this. No one is born without God.

>creations is stoopid becuz it contradicts my prescribed ideology

>denying science is bad
Ideologue

>2000 years
>3 dipshits

Better question.

How does this garbage thread have 46 replies?

>beginnings of Christianity
Being raped by humans and animals, burned alive, or worked to death
>20th century Christianity
Same thing everywhere beyond Yurop and the Americans (i.e., the majority of the world)
>21st century Christianity
Same thing except they're also harmed online now

>harmed online

>ideologies are bad and evolution is an ideology but my ideology is good

Yes, spreading the doctrine of the Antichrist online does hurt Christians.
Get back to le dit with those 3DPD le rxn imeges

>evolution is an ideology

what kind of evolution strawman are you trying to pull? is that the type of crap they teach you at church?

>Why do atheists readily believe anything that is disparaging of religion as a proven historical fact

They don't. They readily believe anything that is disparaging of Christianity as a proven historical fact. Anything that is disparaging of Islam is just bigoted racist Islamophobia and fake news.

>faggot animeposter gets his feelings hurt by online comments
you can't make this shit up

>evolution isn't an ideology because that hurts my feelings
No, I don't. I'm not speaking of feelings you fuck

>literally arguing against scientific fact
>accuses other people of arguing from feelings

Science is feeling, fact is feeling.

And now he's been reduced to spouting gibberish.
Sad!

anything that triggers me is gibberish

Well at least you finally admit you're a triggered fag.

Projection

I'm projecting that you said anything that triggers you is gibberish?

Don't bother, they are not very bright.

>anybody who rejects my ideology must be le stupid! im british!