Hail King Harold Godwinson!

Hail King Harold Godwinson! England's true Anglo-Saxon King. To oblivion with William of Normandy's reign. The bastard tyrant.

Hail hail!

excuse me but I'm actually the rightful king of England

*blocks your bridge*

You believe the lies of the shameful Tostig. The jelous earl of Northumbria

>get given the head of the King of Wales
>marry his wife
>Danish mother
>Duplicitous opportunist father
>Brother Tostig betrayed him
>Some think their may have been collusion between Hadrada and William
>Pope forsook him.
>Brother Sweyn tries to repent and walks barefoot to Jerusalem and the Muslims get him.
>Bro in law cucked king dies, everyone claims the throne but it's made for Brother Harold.

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

>we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!
>tfw the only non anglo word in this sentance is surrender
>tfw it's a Norman word
>tfw the exhausted shield-wall and veteran huskarls did not surrender.
>tfw they all fought and kept on fighting, exhausted from their fight with Hadrada and forced march down to Wessex.
>tfw what lads missed the battle fought on in a futile insurgency (Based Hereward the Wake)

I kri erytym

Why isn't this life a gritty miniseries Veeky Forums? Why would it be, it's only the tragic genesis of the most influential nation in Human history.

1066: The Battle for Middle Earth was OK.

Though the title was an obvious cash in, even if they did explain it in the opening text.

>When your bitch discovers your mangled body only because she bit and scratched you during sex.

Is that Frasier?

I thought Edward was a pretty chill dude.

Why did he send Edith to the nunnery? My bet is he was gay or just too emasculated by his Normaboo exile days. Either way, not producing an heir is pretty fucking triggering considering a consequence of his erectile dysfunction was the Norman Yoke.

Also he couldn't even control his mother let alone his kingdom.

Edward's a mess!

>i hate myself
>but maybe i can learn to love myself
>maybe my life has value
>i want to be myself
Did anyone screencap that? It's on my old PC

>pope makes you king
>Anglos reject this
If it wasn't for William we wouldn't have the English identity

pfffhahaha

NO Normandy
No Gascony
No 100 years war
No English identity

>implying that wasn't going back to the original English identity and casting aside the French influence of the Conquest

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!?

The English very much had their own identity, It was a sophisticated nation, that's why the Normans wanted it.
Of-course the Anglos rejected papal dominance, that's probably the most Anglo thing you can do.

The Ecclesiastical History of the English People was written centuries before the Normans were even legitimized by Paris.

Even now English sentimentalism hearkens back to before the conquest

>last part of the war is literally the English subjugating the French to become their subjects
The Normans wanted it because they had a claim and it would strengthen their position, whilst also future revenge for the French king not stopping Williamson subjects revolting during the regency

the english did not use sutton hoo style helmets during the viking age.

>>tfw the only non anglo word in this sentance is surrender
Surrendre mean give up in Old French, it doesn't mean cease fighting

It's you who gave it this sense