College Plebs Explain Yourselves

Why are you in college user?

>Be me, 21 years old unemployed
>See ad on local online jobs board for power plant operator
>Need experience in ABB symphony technology, must be good with computers.
>Don't know shit about ABB Symphony, but a wiz on computers
>googleThatShit.exe
>Send e-mail, cover letter and resume to job
>Sure Power Plant Manager, I know ABB and am really good on comps
>"Come in for an interview user!"
>ItsWorking.Avi
>Go in Monday morning to interview
>One hour pdf of ABB symphony technology under my belt
>Charm the boss with what I learned in .pdf, Good looking so I got the halo effect working for me too.
>FuckingMoronBoss.exe
>"I have a couple more interviews user, but you made this easy for me. We'll contact you within two weeks as I have a pleb from another state coming in for an interview"
>Topkek.jpg
>two weeks later I get a call and the job offer, 65k starting, 8 years later I'm netting 80k + bonuses sitting on my ass.
>Play vidya and trade bitcoin while I'm on shift because the job is literally turn-key.

Why are you even in school user? Why aren't you lying your way through life like myself and living the good life? Explain.

Explain

I found out that this was a pretty viable option when I was in a "job hunt" a couple years ago

couple weeks later I found out about drugs

>working
lmaoing at your life OP

how to launder drug money though?

>work hard get stem degree
>laugh at my brother a few years later as he starts a music degree
>he graduates 4 years later and gets a job on a cruiseship playing music, making 3kUSD a month food/shelter covered/ no deductions.
>I'm slaving away at some random accounting clerk job for 14CAD/hour hating my life
>hes banged like 8 chicks on the ship in a span of 5 months
>I told him about cryptos when he got back, he invests 5k into BTC @ $900 per
>I told him to start trading it and he said nah and left it sit
>mfw I make measley gains trading... would have been better off leaving it in btc

college is a meme. sucks being dumber than your little bro. hes also a mega chad to top it all off (being a dummer and an athlete seems to make pussies melt). Truthfully though I'm happy for him and I get to live vicariously through him a little because we talk a lot

>2013
>be in uni
>ABB shares fall to 1CHF (1$)
>my father convinced all members of the family to buy
>tfw it made us crazy gainz.

*2003, not 2013

>shell company
>llc
>receipts and taxes
>company credit card
>private stock
>proof of profitability on books
>ipo
>cash out and run

yw

Or sell the company to fellow user with corrupt reasons for buying

Because this world wont get me to break my one rule of never telling an outright lie. Half-truths and sarcasm are the only thing besides what i perceive to be truth that I allow myself to say.

>.exe .avi
kill yourself retard

Ayyy lmao

>6th year in uni.
>Over 50 excess credits because my school wouldn't accept my transfer credits from community college.
>Useless Biomed degree because I wanted to go to med school
>Not going to med school anymore
>No idea what I'm gonna do once I graduate
What an absolute waste of time and life, I invested in crypto this whole time but when I found out about eth I only had a couple hundred bucks in the bank. Why didn't I just take out a fucking loan when it was still $10.

21, fell for the Bachelor's meme under my parents and high school guidance advice and got 5 semesters left at NJIT now, so I might as well just see it through.
Put in an application for the car wash for a weekend gig so I can work up more vidya cash, hoping the degree can net me some decent cashflow once this is all over. If it doesn't pay off, I'll just dissuade my future kids from going and help them build experience instead.

I just want to have at least a little impact on the world.
Majoring in cs so I can contribute to technological progress. I want to work with A.I.

Your brother is obviously an exceptional musician

Building an website that's supports all altcoins for Texas Holdem poker.

I'm laughing

lmao, you're like a failed alternate universe version of me

>be me
>biomed degree
>got into med school
>€50k in the bank
>invested loads in crypto

i'll probably have my lambo before i become a surgeon

There's literally nothing to do with this degree except spend another 7 years in school which I don't want to do. Maybe they'll hire me for a research position somewhere idk

>Barely made it out of HS, been perpetually depressive since ~15
>Moved in with my mom, who helped me to be more confident and optimistic, got an AS in Information Technology at an extremely small community college
>Transferred to larger uni for a BS in CompSci
>It's challenging but I've been doing alright despite the past 2 semesters being some of the worst times of my life
>Little motivation to work on projects in free time due to lack of creativity and need for instant gratification (which these days, for me, is money), so no internship prospects yet

I'm not doing this to make 6 figures, I'm doing it because the alternative is to be broke forever or get wrapped up in illegal/unethical shit if I get desperate. I love technology, but I know I'm not talented or lucky enough to cut corners and make it big. My biggest passion however is music production, and a home studio isn't going to come free, so dealing with the uni meme with a moderate debt (well under 20k since I owe nothing from my AS studies, also no dorm) in exchange for some prospect of a future might not be so bad.

i feel you man, i only did biomed because i failed to get into med school years ago.
i really liked doing lab work during my internship, but i can't imagine doing that for my whole life. the medical science world is extremely competitive, it's filled with 40% complete autists and 40% extremely bitter cunts. data analysis and writing papers is boring as shit, and all the people doing a PhD i've encountered seemed to have suicide on their minds 24/7. oh yeah, it also pays jack shit.
my advice: try to get into med school again, or try working for a biopharmaceutical company, maybe sales.

>8 years
>only up 23% from starting salary
pathetic.

i went to college to party for 4 years. you don't really need a degree to be a bioengineer/researcher in a company, but i really didn't want to go to work as an 18 year old. college was like a long vacation that gave me access to a bunch of smart people and some time to think about what i wanted to do. all i knew at 18 was that i liked video games.

[spoiler]also, good students at good colleges are far better off than even the most hardworking bullshitters who try to do it all on their own. yes college is a huge waste of time for 60-90% of people in every school, but unlike industry there are people who will actually give a fuck about you (as part of their job) and want you to succeed. their guidance and experience is a massive shortcut even if the degree itself is unnecessary[/spoiler]

>Be me
>18
>Decent looks
>Live 20 minutes away from university I'm attending
>Full ride for 4 years
>Live at home instead of dorms to collect stipend and use as personal living money
>Basically a BS in computer science for $0
>Got internship at fortune 50 company starting the summer after 11th grade
>Continue that every summer
>They let me work part time remotely during the school year
>By the end of college I'll have enough money to make a down payment on my first house
>No debt
>Grandma is giving me her old car for free
>Only 60,000 miles
>Garaged, never parked outside
>Only have a few hundred dollars in ANS waiting for it to moon sometime, not care about cryptoworld otherwise because life is decent by the grace of God otherwise
>Joined Mormons a while back
>Blue eyed blonde haired virgin qt3.14 Mormon girls salivating over me because I'm not a loser

Feels good, man. The only thing that could make this better is going to BYU instead of some other school that isn't in Utah because there are 150 females for every 100 males there

Id rather not have tens of thousands in debt. In dirt poor, so I would have to take out thousands of dollars of debt

These success stories make me want to kill myself. I'm almost 21 and I've never had a job, and nobody will even bother me replying to my job applications

Why did I have to born in North West UK

I didn't go to college. 23 now (next week) and 50k a year is pretty much topped out, trash desu

Your ego thought your age equated to better judgment.

He's literally the better iteration of you. You should be ashamed.

Kek

Did your mother make you sexually confident?

>Be me
>Don't bother finishing university, because not skipped tedious 2nd year math and chem
>Tell people I graduated
>Get jobs
>Make 90K

kek

If you have a degree and make less than $150k you're a fucking moron or very ugly.

Unless you literally live in midtown Manhattan, 50k is very comfy if you can do basic budgeting and don't spend $700 a week on alcohol

Actual interview went like this:

>"why don't you have a degree? We're going to have to go with someone with more education behind them"

>Joined mormons

That fucking beta man. Pls kys

You feel bad? I knew about Bitcoin when it was still double digits back in college. I couldn't buy any when I was in college because I couldn't afford it, I just mined it with my crappy PC. I ended up with 2 BTC at least.

>things that didn't happen

I live in a shitty area with zero opportunity.

You will eventually get caught because sooner or later, one of your acquaintances/customers are going rat out on you.

I will kill you.

Are you me? I'm working on some cool AI shit right now and studying CS too kek. To make technological progress in the world.

>black skin is a literal curse
>women trained since day 1 that their primary purpose in life is to marry and have kids
>homosexuality verboten
>almost entirely white
>good ol' Murican religion
>temples
>have a whole state to themselves
>"mormons are beta"

I'm not even a Mormon, but this. I live in Vegas and the Mormons here are well-educated, good-looking, healthy, happy, and hate black people. Mormons are some of the best people around, they're like the Jews of the Rockies, only not predatory.

>joining a group that forces you to pay 10% of your income to be "worthy" of going to a building where you get dunked in the water for dead people and get to wear grass skirts and bakers caps as you do handshakes through a fucking white cloth

LOL

The girls are pretty fucking beautiful though and very malleable

because im going for a degree that i dont even want

feel free to donate btc to this poor fag

1PfwC4Tya6fQ4hhDHorUL4eYXzdDPLPNrq