Be me living with my parents so barely any responsibilities at all

>be me living with my parents so barely any responsibilities at all
>work a minimum wage job
>get paycheck and put 300+ into crypto
>mummy and daddy get v upset
>"user you can't be gambling or playing whatever game you're playing" (i've attempted to explain bitcoin to them but obviously failed, they think it's a fucking gambling website or some shit)
>tell them i'll double my money
>they get angry "WHAT IF IT GOES DOWN user!! MAYBE I SHOULD MAKE YOU PAY RENT IF YOURE JUST GONNA THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY ANYWAYS"
not to mention mom threatened to take all my money which i countered by threatening to call the police if she stole my money which i think might've worked but there's always the possibility she'll do it

how tf do i deal with this situation?

moving out is not an option i don't make nearly enough to be able to survive by myself.

Why did you even tell your parents?

forgot to mention mine and her bank of america accounts are linked and when i first purchased some crypto she asked Wtf coinbase is and why it cost so much. she has access to my money but i don't have any to hers.

Apologize, say you'll convert the money back into fiat, but don't do it. Done. If she asks for proof, just come up with the money to show her.

This

Youre really bad at explaining if you couldnt convince your mom about buying bitcoin, its the future of money

Never fucking talk to family about investments, it's the number one rule

Get your own bank account dude, what are you doing?

You just go into the bank and sign up, it's really easy. Shit you can do it online with Ally Bank now

>not setting your own independent bank account RIGHT FUCKING NOW
You're a fucking moron and you deserve to be stolen from

Sad thread sad life

living with mommy and daddy is one thing, but not even having your own independent bank account is lol

>telling your parents you're into crypto
>while you're still living with them
your mom is right, you'll probably lose money anyways

You work and don't have the decency to pay rent...?

DAMN SON. yOU NEED TO GET SORTED THE FUCK OUT.

WATCH JORDAN PETERSON LECTURES ON YOUTUBE.

GET YOUR OWN BANK ACCOUNT.

STOP GETTING KEKED BY YOUR OWN PARENTS.

Your parents are scum if they charge you rent.

convert all your fiat to btc and then put your bitcoins on a wallet where you control the private keys (not coinbase). Then store the keys very safe, or memorize a strong password and store the encrypted keystore file somewhere in the cloud/your email. Now no one can take you bitcons away from you, thats one of the purposes of crypto currencys after all, they can take your computer, internet access whatever but you would still have control over your bitcoins as long as you have you private key printed out and safely hidden or have access to you encrypted keystore file.

Absolutely not.
I earn more than enough and I was even ready to pay them more.
Unlike you, I don't want to be a parasite.

I live on my own (and have for like 10 years now) but if your parents charge you rent they are uniornically legit scumbags who shouldn't have had children

Only in America do money-hungry parents charge their 18-year-old children rent.

Yeah I never understood this.
It's ok if, as a kid, you offer if your family is struggling though.
Or if I was originally from a shithole country and moved to a better one I would send money back to help them. But them charging me for rent? Never

For all we know OP is 30

First Veeky Forumsness is to get your own fucking bank account.

Literally no reason to have one with your parents.
If you don't your parents can legally rob you, though they'll be up for tax evasion

>Only in America do money-hungry parents charge their 18-year-old children rent.
Luckily I've never been to any of the Americas.

I've studied 7 years some 700km away and now moved back in with my parents until I've worked for 2~3 years, after which I'm going to moved to my own place.

And as I said, I don't want to be a parasite, so it's only natural for me to pay something. Anything else would disgust me.

>I don't want to be a parasite
Funny how this argument fails in terms of cost–benefit analysis.

Ok?

his polite way of saying that you're retardedly throwing money away, you're pretty much paying for an emotional feeling (not "feeling" like a parasite)

congrats on being an emotional decision maker

Yeah, having morals is truly a terrible, terrible thing.

You are the only person that should handle your money. If you are an adult now you get your own bank account. Your parents shouldn't have been accessing any of your money even when you are a kid (unless you were doing drugs or a threat to yourself or something)

>muh morals
just admit that your parents are scum and forced you to pay rent because they hate you, kek

Answer their questions and get them to do more research before blatantly disrespecting and wasting your time.

MOVE OUT UR WASTING YOUR LIFE!

>Veeky Forums
>how do i keep my parents from stealing from me?
>i don't have my own bank account

>bank of america accounts are linked
that is exactly why i closed my linked accounts as soon as i was able to and get a completely different bank. they will never know my crypto gains. oh, and never let the bank deliver monthly statements to your home as they will open them up.

If you can't make enough to have your own bank account, then you shouldn't be playing with crypto.

JFC
first of all get your own fucking bank account you can do that in a day
second of all move the fuck out of your parent's house, are you an adult or not?

u are a loser dude

This.

Get your own bank account. That is priority number one in your life. You WILL NOT get a house or car or anything else, for real, till you have your own bank account.

Or a lot of cash.

Get a bank account.

get your own bank account
learn the tax laws so you dont fuck your parents or yourself.

When you get your next paycheck show your mother the amount you reported to have invested into Crypto, then the next time don't tell her.

Simple as that. She doesn't need to know OP, if you make a windfall amount you can prove her wrong.

How old are you?

Go on, I won't laugh.

>not throwing down on living in a house with friends for like $250 a month

Even if you get rich you're not becoming a man. Once you start maturing, you will be sickened with how childish you are acting. Unfortunately in our society, we don't have wars or rituals that traumatize you into manhood like the past had.

Lmao this. I was born in Europe but lived in America since 7 years old. I'm 30 now with 400K in stocks and 3 rental units meanwhile my peers from high school are all in debt who moved out at 18-20.

Americans are so quickly parted with their money.

>not saving 10+ hours a week with your mom cooking, doing your laundry, saving rent money, utilities, etc

Stay poor friend.

Also stop talking to them.

Chezuz crust are your families this retarded. What is trust and communication?

>literally nigger tier