Recovering bitcoins? 10 btc for sucessful help

2-3 years back I had got 100 btc on some bitcoin wallet, being the retard that I was I forgot about it and probably formatted my computer at least once.

Is there any way to recover this?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
powerdatarecovery.com/power-data-recovery.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so you have no wallet file
no private key
no password
just a faint memory? I think you're fucked, OP.

Rip

If it was on bitcoin qt wallet then you'd have a wallat.dat file somewhere on your computer that you could export to a different btc wallet but if you deleted it already you're fucked.

Can I recover the wallet file using some recovery software? I remember the password.

Back then bitcoin was so useless...dammit.

If you find your dat file you might be able to use a computer to brute force the key over a couple of days.

Look for old flashdrives, you must have backed it up once.

I remember the password I just need the file, will try all recovery software.

depends, was it a password password or recovery phrase (with tons of random words)?

2-3 years back and you've been using the computer? 0 chance of getting it back

Being completely honest with u op, it is possible, but that type of shit is a huge bitch and varies with multiple variables on techniques applied. You can break shit down and view data thats been wiped, probably buried in some hexidecimal bullshit deep deep inside.. Ive recovered shit through phones, that wasnt even on the phone in the first place(basically some scary ass nsa fscebook code that carries over some,crazy shit)
Tldr: its possible, even thougg good bet something youll need may be corrupted beyond viewing..but its pretty much too much shit to explain via biz thread..i can whip up a onetime email later on and post back to this thread and we can talk, but its gonna be a long talk that will take days ..so ill check thread later on after work, lemme know whatchu wanna do

Stop using that HD right now.

You should ask for help on /g/, on how to recover your wallet. The file has probably been overwritten, but there's a small chance (< 1%) that it's still there.

Good luck.

this unfortunately

[email protected]

You must have printed out the private key at some point, look through old filing cabinets or wherever you hoard important shit.

If the harddrive has been used actively it's next to impossible since the file has been overwritten at least once. Mounting it read-only is a must if you're doing recovery on the drive.

If this is true shouldn't btc rise in value? If 100 are removed from circulation. How many you guys think are still accessible compared to coins mined?

Back then that would have been worth $20,000 user.

Are you trying to take someone else's bitcoins?
Or just plain fucking stupid

I was just thinking about the same thing. There has been so many news about people losing their HDD and cryptos with it when they were worth shit

Is that girl your daughter? Do you have naked pictures of her? Oh wait, you deleted them alond with your bitcoin wallet, right?

it's estimated that around 2-3 million BTC are gone forever. yes, this makes all available ones that much more valuable.

Just some bait image to get more replies.

A friend had gotten it for me, I don't remember it being worth that much back then.

>[email protected]
I wouldn't trust someone whose password is "ultimate"

Here you go user

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

Good luck stealing those coins friend

Nice you haxxored 'my' account, Didn't you? Nothing much for you really.

Interested more in how you did it, even if it was an old password.

prob just copy pasted it into leakedsource or something similar

where did you find it? just curious how these things work

weleakinfo.com
kek, nothing special I look up everyone who posts his email I'm retarded

If you formatted that HDD you're certainly fucked. If you don't surrender at all, you should use "MiniTool Power Data Recovery" and try to recover that "wallet.dat" file.

Here's a link to download it:
powerdatarecovery.com/power-data-recovery.html

did you pay?

yea but not just for that Veeky Forums shit, I actually do stuff with it

like what?

you had that in a drive, assuming you formated, if you've written a shitload of data to that drive, chances are it's lost forever.
First try to see what files you can find on the drive. Look for it using simple soft like recuva or make a recovery boot usb.
If you find the file then it's just a matter of using what you recall as being the password and open it.

Did you use any online exchanges, how did you transfer btc to that wallet?