BAT and the Brave Browser

Do you guys think people will actually use the Brave Browser? I like the idea of BAT, but at our July Fourth BBQ I had a good talk about it with one of my relatives who works in TV advertising and she said that the question of people using the browser was her biggest problem with the currency. Personally, I don't know if I'd use it and my initial impression is that the total privacy feature is too niche for most average people.

Other urls found in this thread:

basicattentiontoken.org/bat-roadmap-1-0/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tried using brave, its literal shit.... looks good at first cuz ur like "o look its chrome but with a nice clean mac feel and it auto blocks ads" then u open 5+ tabs and after just a few mins it turns into an unresponsive piece of shit... No one is adopting this shit in its current state

I switched to Brave on mobile and haven't looked back.
It's also the only one with adblock on mobile.

They plan to make it platform independent in the future(planned for 2018). Brave + BAT is just the first step

Agree.

Did you see how DUMB they made tab switching? You HOVER over a tab and the opacity drops and you see-thru what that tab is its so redundant and gimmicky, pathetic as fuck.

If this was some robust ad-killer fast browser, it would fly.

But you have to use microscope to point to the exact spot where you can resize it in both directions, it's kinda just...

Done by some ultra pretentious UX faggot, that's what it is. Gimmick.

Maybe it will work better on mobile than on desktop

So they're planning on applying it also to Google Chrome and other browsers?

No it isn't. Firefox with uBlock Origin works fine.

no, nobody will, no one wants to deal with tokens or any bullshit, theyre just going to block ads and move on with their lives

not to mention on mobile noone ever switches away from the default browser, and thats where everyone's going to be by the time these latecomers actually manage to launch something

basicattentiontoken.org/bat-roadmap-1-0/
Yes. second point of 'Approach'

Why would people use this though? The digital marketing strategy of some apps to let users view ads to receive in-app rewards seems to work, but getting paid a pittance of BAT to spend time out of your day seems like it wouldn't have much appeal. It doesn't really seem to have a good value proposition in the short term until it achieves that multi-platform capability.

What how? You can't open Veeky Forums on brave mobile

Even worst, you won't hold the bat. Its automatically being redistributed to websites you visit.
I pity all the anons that bought this without doing any research.

bat might be big some day...not huge but still a success. They have got a good team and it's far from a finished product right now. Downside is that it may take years; aint nobody got time for that....we in dis game trynna get dem satoshies quick nigga.

Protip: BAT has the best slack to FUD in. Super lenient/inactive mods and a bunch of users who can't handle the slightest criticism of BAT.

Just post shit about inactive shitty devs, "le javascript man", and the shitty BAT trend and you'll get some golden reactions.

yes you can.

the BAT you buy from exchanges does not get redistributed

Probably one of the best teams in crypto

I plan on selling when it hits $1
45000 tokens so far

Meh I bought some a while ago. Not because I believe that much in the project but because it's dirt cheap at the moment.

>the total privacy feature is too niche for most average people.
this was when normies thought real life and the net was two different not related stuff.
it will change when they'll understant the footprinting that browsers does, ads following you trough the net etc etc etc

is brave like tor?

isp spyfree

pls respond

This, sort of. I really like the idea that when I use brave, I'm not having a fuckton of metadata collected and getting pummeled with ads, but the thing constantly crashes if you've got a couple tabs open (and I usually have like 12 on chrome)

I noticed it too. I almost want to push the price to 3k just for fun.

no

It's not enough though.

To recreate Brave you would need at least uOrigin, Cookie Badger and Https everywhere. And that usually makes Firefox very slow.

I'm literally doing it right now.

500 k downloads on play store. If they'll actually start paying users for browsing, even few pennies a week, they'll easily get few mils users.

Wrong

The idea is there'll be a plugin for normal browsers eventually.

It'll mostly appeal to the Swagbucks/EarnHoney/other-adwhore-site users, which is actually a several billion dollar industry. Half of them already support bitcoin, too.

It's crazy what some people will do for literally pennies an hour.

Redistribution is optional

Let's look at the facts.

> Have they marketed the browser enough?

No.

> Does it have word of mouth presence amongst the masses?

No.

Answer: No.

Look at the facts and don't let the emotions dictate your trading decisions.

anyone notice how BAT is never mentioned on the Brave website? instead they say that they are partnering with Coinbase.

meanwhile Brave is mentioned all over the BAT website. Looks like the partnership isn't mutual.
I'm staying on the sidelines for now until Brave acknowledges the alleged partnership

No shit? Let me guess, you started buying crypto in the last month.

Holy fuck what? I thought that the same BAT devs were the people who started Brave. Fuck this shit, I'm out.

It's plenty. Stop reaching.

You said it gets redistributed retard

yeah...huge red flag for me. Unless brave comes out and acknowledges BAT, I'm out

are you on android or iphone