If you could give any civilization or country in history modern weapons and the capability to reproduce them...

If you could give any civilization or country in history modern weapons and the capability to reproduce them, who would you pick? Personally I'd pick either Timur or Alexander the Great, just to see how much farther they could've gotten.

Hard mode: no Byzantine or Roman empire

Pic related. Crusaders. Also Third Reich for futuristic, space age weapons.

Mesoamericans

Hitler

Meso-Americans
>¿Es este indio?
BOM BOM HAVE A NICE DREAM

British Empire

Assyria.

based

Ancient India.

Flying saucers and atomic weapons. Oh wait that actually already happened.

Gaul

Tibet. China honestly deleted a culture cooler than themselves.

Knights Templar
ALT Teutonic Knights

Paganboos like you make me sick

>t ancestor

Neat

Piss off Georgio

Fuck hard mode

Artaxiad Armenia
Tigranes the Great is my nigga

God, imagine being a native at that time. I mean they must have believed the world was ending.

>Strange men with weird face hair are invading
>they ride beasts into battle
>use weapons that shoot fucking thunder

Are there any accounts on what the natives thought of the Spaniards?

Hey, I'm not saying it was aliens. In saying it was time travelers, who may or may not be be from another planet. (They were though.)

I would unironically give them to the first christian martyrs, just to see if they would use them against the Roman army.

Haha as a Catlick I find this interesting

Alexander is my first pick, then the Minoans, then Carthage, then Syracuse.

Holy Roman Empire so that they can enforce the name and kill Voltaire and end this stupid fucking meme.

Carthage, Persia to fight of Alexander, Boudicca's army

>
>
>

>Carthage

Phoenicians.
Let them spread the technology around for a while, everyone will have the things eventually. Maybe if some scholars learn enough about the inner workings of the weapons we can get a head start on understanding combustion processes better, maybe get proper engines quicker.

We tried it your way fagmaster. Or better yet fuck Carthage, give them to Vercingetorix, or to Tarquinus Superbus.

#AnyoneButRome

>Personally I'd pick either Timur
Wew. Millions of people dead weren't enough?

I feel like just giving gunpowder technology to older civilizations would be far more interesting than a Guns of The South type scenario.
Like imagine arquebus-type firearms developed with metallurgy techniques from 300 BC. Or what would the early Mayans do with an exploding powder? Would we see early rockets brought to bear against conquistadors?

>Tarquinius Superbus

Haiti.

Sassanid Empire, no rise of islam, instead spread of a more humane kind of slavery, plus they were just cool

>give niggers modern weapons
>watch them kill themselves in an epic fashion
Oh you devil you.

It depended on the time and people, being for the Tlaxcalans their only chance to defeat an empire that had them surrounded, but I think the Tlatelolcans interviewed by Bernardino de Sahagun for the Floretine Codex might provide an accurate portray of the Mesoamerican first thoughts:
>"They were very white, their eyes were like chalk. Their armaments, their swords, their shields, their lances, were all of iron. The animals they rode were as high as a roof top and looked like deer. Their dogs were huge, their eyes blazed yellow like fire. They moved about with their tongues hanging, always panting."

There are also some descriptions of the Spanish army during 1521 and the way many Conquistadors adopted feathered frontlets and how Cortes was guarded by a group of elite warriors, "like our Cuauhchicqueh and Otomie" if I recall correctly. Sadly I don't have the source right now.

It would have been cool to see them BTFO the Europeans even more but okay

>BTFO the Europeans
But they did

If Timur had modern weapons the world world would be completely empty until native Americans colonized it several hundred years later.

I think Timur is a very interesting and underrated conquerer but some people estimate more people died in his conquests than in world war one

Dracula. Because fuck ottomans.

18th century Saxony so they can destroy Prussia and unite Germany themselves and have a German-Polish alliance rule Europe.

Latin empire

Ethiopia as the Greeks knew them

The South.

Zaprozean Cossacks for the most memey death squads ever

Duh,

Akkadian Empire.

>Hard mode: no Byzantine or Roman empire
Roman Republic then.

>They still lose.

Obviously i would give it to my own country, easy answer

Just give the 1879 British Empire all M4s and tanks and watch them conquer the entire world.

>They moved about with their tongues hanging, always panting
A bunch of mouthbreathers?

Oh fuck nvm they spoke of the dogs kek.

Sargon of arcadia

Sparta

>They were very white, their eyes were like chalk
Spain confirmed for white aryan race

Grandduchy of Tuscany.

The Cathars

>give nazis AR-18 in 1939
>they build the L85A1

The Ottomans

What are logistics?

What a shitty world that would be. Good coffee though I guess.

The Norse

Mongols

This is cool as shit

>Que solia ser reis

>tfw even if I gave him guns it wouldn't be billions because not enough people :^)

pre-colonial Africa

The Sea Peoples

The aztecs would have throne the guns into a lake as soon as they discovered that they left enemies in a state that wouldn't allow them to be sacrificed.
Also, cortez still would have found a way, though he prolly would have had to use a fuckton more charisma. Dude was based as fuck

Genghis Khan, would be interested to see what Subutai does in Central Europe with howitzers.

This might be cheating a bit but homo neanderthalensis. It's kind of funny to think about having the tables turned this harshly.

>no Byzantine
Ok, take your pick Bulgarians or Serbs.
The Turks must be defeated.

Is Ethiopia really an unique expection when it comes to history & culture in Africa or just a meme?

>even more

Modern guns would probably be better at wounding people for sacrifice

The 9mm was actually designed to wound rather than kill. This was so that enemy soldiers would try to rescue their wounded comrades, exposing themselves.

>Napoleon taking over the world with A-10 warthog jets

HRE Austria

I'd give ww1 technology to Rome and Carthage just to get this

Genghis khan. let him wipe out as much of humanity as possible

or vlad the impaler. reading about numerous ottoman shits getting murdered would be cool

Some accounts of the Aztecs state they thought horses were dragons.

The Second Reich

>give alexander nukes
>he dies of fever
>his generals destroy western civilization
10/10 plan there m8

Greco-Bactria or the Tocharian also the celtic britannic tribes

The Roman REPUBLIC

what have you done

seconded

the Mongols

I dream of a day that they ride out again to do some population control

Latvian tribes

so they could kill liths and germs

On hard mode? Either the Seleucids or the Visigoths.

Vikings or Nazis. Simply nukes would suffice the Nazis

>Haha we're all dead
Being this edgy

This

Parthia, maybe? Would be quite interesting to see them not get squashed by Islamics and keep control of the middle east. They'd probably just use them to blow shit up in India, though.

Genghis Khan & Friends with AK-47s.

They probably still wouldn't have been used, considering that tradition is everything for the aztecs. Also, modern firearms would still be far, far more deadly than the crap that the aztecs were using

>holy roman empire

>civilisation or country

Sparta

I'd give dreadnoughts to the kingdom of hawaii