>The richest guy of all times was a black

Crassus wuz black?

Midas was black?

OP is talking about Mansa Musa.

Croesus was black?

Augustus was richer than Mansa Musa.

WE

>Jesus was a black boi

how exactly could we tell who was the richest person of all times? it's not like we can say well this person had $19 billion and this one had $20 billion

Cyrus took Croesus' stuff so probably not him. I think Crassus or Augustus might be right, although it could very well be some random merchant.

Damn white privilege.

The one thing I can tell is that the richest person alive is almost definitely alive today. Maybe not in relative terms, but in terms of absolute wealth it is impossible for a man who loved 500 years ago to have more wealth.

Ive read many reports that mansa musa supposedly had a net worth of $400 billion dollars however ive never seen where anyone's gotten the statistic from.

Are you a retarded person?

If we're talking not relative terms, you are very wrong.

Consider all of Egypt belonged to the Pharoah and similar in other regions. With land came influence and resources.

rich in only wealth and gold

Simply because technology wasn't around people could do less with the resources they own. The pharaohs may have controlled 5 million people, but how many of them could he effectively get to do work for him and how much wor k could those individuals do. A dictator of a large modern country would control significantly more resources and people. I think it is hard to realize how much the industrial revolution has changed the efficiency of human work.

Rockefeller was black?

>"richest man throughout history"
>wanted to bring higher learning and grandscale architecture to his Empire, as he saw during his journet to Medina for the hajj
>this was his magnum opus
what did he mean by this?

You upset your mother can't compete with her riches of dicks?

I strongly disagree with the view that Mansu Musa was the richest man ever, because his purchasing power was shit. Owning a shit ton of gold doesn't make you rich if there's nothing useful to buy with it.

Pretty sure Augustus was from Rome

Well for Romans they actually did keep pretty good records on their wealth. Going on that basis we can get an idea of contemporary monetary value and assign it, then expand that to real estate holdings.

So for example we can estimate Augustus' net worth to roughly $4.5 trillion dollars, including real estate. That's kinda bolstered by the fact that he personally owned all the land of Egypt.

Thank yoi for being the only smart person in the entire thread

>right wingers hate "shitskins"(more specifically middle easterners) and Jews
>worships the most famous middle eastern, Jewish 'shitskin' of all time
CANNOT FUCKING FABRICATE
>inb4 stormfag damage control

It's funny how (black) people boast of this man being "the richest in history". When in order for that to be the case you have to take him and his wealth and place it within our current economy.

A mountain of shiny metal means jack shit by itself, but none of the (black) people who go around boasting of Mansa seem to understand this. They unironically think he was wealthier than someone like Bill Gates.

WUZ

Not disagreeing with what you said, his wealth means shit today, but most American blacks in real life don't even know who mansa musa is

Sure but many "we wuz" types highlight Mansa as some sort of symbol of black power. Really he was just a guy who controlled a metric fuck ton of gold, that just so happened to be in demand at that particular moment in history. He'd have been the richest man in history via a technicality alone. If you took all of his gold and auctioned it off at the market price at the time, without the value ever dropping.

Yeah, this. Heck, Augustus had the entire Egypt (one of the richest ones) province as his personal feud plus lots of others. Meanwhile the best we have about Mansa Musa wealth are especulations than vary wildly.

wtf is this mental gymnastic? Is this mental ilness?

>you have to take him and his wealth and place it within our current economy
Uhh, please explain why historical instances of wealth need to be construed through present economic standards

He saying it doesn't matter that he a shit ton of gold. There was much less.to buy with it so it was worth much less. You can't just apply current gold values to that time.
Well think about what wealth is at its most fundamental and you should see what he means. It's only really important if you want to make claims like someone is the wealthiest person in history.

Alexander the Great was worth like a quarter million talents nigga gtfo with this shit

Pretty sure any top 10 billionaires nowadays is worth more than any of the people mentioned ITT.

>owning a bunch of jewish confetti
>being worth more than literal rulers of the world

top lel

and no, it's not even close. rockafeller and the house of saud are the only ones that can get within spitting distance of ancient dictator wealth

>fucking square paper

said the whimpy white man

You calculate it based on prices of common stuff like land, cows or bread

He claimed all of his territory as his personal holdings, blew all household from gold mines on being flashy, and otherwise did nothing of value.

Not being /pol/, Africa had accomplishments and leaders, just not him. He's a meme.

People diss that castle but I find it asthetic as fuck.

>But Musa's generous actions inadvertently devastated the economy of the regions through which he passed. In the cities of Cairo, Medina, and Mecca, the sudden influx of gold devalued the metal for the next decade. Prices on goods and wares greatly inflated. To rectify the gold market, on his way back from Mecca, Musa borrowed all the gold he could carry from money-lenders in Cairo, at high interest. This is the only time recorded in history that one man directly controlled the price of gold in the Mediterranean.[22]

I'm impressed over the fact that it is still standing after almost 600 years since it was built. Also
> The Sankoré Masjid was capable of housing 25,000 students and had one of the largest libraries in the world with between 400,000 to 700,000 manuscripts.

>Really he was just a guy who controlled a metric fuck ton of gold, that just so happened to be in demand at that particular moment in history.
Holy shit, you sound so butthurt. You just hate seeing a black guy being rich and successful.

It all depends on what arbitrary definition of wealth you choose. Does an absolute monarch "own" an entire country? If I have a giant pile of gold but I'm stuck on a desert island and there is nowhere to spend it, am I really rich?

UPSTANDING GENTLEMANLY RULERS

>So for example we can estimate Augustus' net worth to roughly $4.5 trillion dollars,
He wins hands down

What about modern dictators?

The current one was built in 1907. It got destoryed or some shit like that

what are our sources for this? this sounds like a legend

wikipedia says it's from
Goodwin, A.J.H. (1957), "The Medieval Empire of Ghana"

>jewish confetti

I laughed way harder at this than I should have

Then we are talking relative terms.