Should I sell my ETH

>Bought from $20-$250, so not selling at loss
> Not a good time to sell right now, but even if it reached $400, how much growth is there left in this coin?
> Even if I sell, I dont know where to put it (is my majority holding) Ideally Id like to be able to cash out, but no in fiat, and the only option is something like USD Tether, which Im not sure about. Where do you put your money when its not in coins? On the exchange in Tether?

>Ideally Id like to be able to cash out, but no in fiat

what did he mean by this?

sorry I meant, sell my coins, but not cash out in fiat, but keep in crypto world. It seems the only option is to hold it in USD Tether.

What is tether?

Repeat. What is tether?

it's a coin tied to usd

it's nice in times of uncertainty

yes and you shouldnt trust bitfinex (which owns USD Tether) to not completely disappear within 1 year. Many people including myself are in this situation too with no good answer.

>coin tied to usd
>it's nice in times of uncertainty

If it's tied to USD. Same exchange value than what's the difference. It's literally fiat?

also: if digix starts offering gold-backed tokens I'll probably buy those as a way of "cashing out"

I have read that Brock Pierce is involved with Tether which worries me, as I dont really trust him.

no its a coin that you can use to deposit actual dollars to a bank account with 1 USDT = 1 USD, as long as the people running the USD - USDT exchange dont disappear, otherwise youre just holding a shitcoin

use google and do your own fucking research asshole

>It's literally fiat?

If going by wiki's definition of fiat,
"Fiat money is a currency established as money by government regulation or law."

By putting it in tether, it's still in crypto / blockchain, in other words it's not regulated. It's useful for freezing the value of your crypto investments without having to resort to fiat

They've been saying ETH will overtake BTC but that remains to be seen. I'm guessing 700-1000 by Dec

Obviously in ant/neo and ark if youre not a faggot.

Have fun with worthless dollar coins when the system finally cracks and litterally every other crypto is teleported to the 9th heaven.

It's a fucking scam that will blow up the whole crypto world one day.

It's amazing how people haven't read the legal section of Tether. It's worth nothing by their own legal terms.

I dont want to get too attached to one coin. I think ETH is better than many coins, but its being shown that its not ready for scaleability and along with these scam ICOs giving it bad name, I think there are bigger gains to be had elsewhere.

I have about 200 ETH and ideally I would have sold a few weeks ago at $400, but the trouble is I wouldnt want to cash out $80,000 into fiat and would prefer to keep it in crypto (easier, no banks, no taxes, etc), but there's no safe way to park the 'cash' if its no invested into other coins.

Sell around $600. Trust me. You can still get 3x out of this within 2 months maximum, which is an excellent return.

Then get out and into smaller cap coins.

3 weeks ago, no one had heard of antshares, despite it being around for a while. Now, everyone and their taxi driver are shilling it. This has happened before with other coins, namely NEM, SIA and Stratis - all of these coins were hyped to the max and its similar to whats hapening with Ant/Neo right now

Buy gold with bitcoins and hold it. You wont get taxed as its like an investment/share.

why is everyone afraid to cash out to dollars?

Tax

because Veeky Forums is full of drooling retards who don't realize that they only way the IRS will know about your crypto gains is if you tell them

>greentext for no reason
>clearly going to sell at a loss
>"muh ETH XD"
crypto has no value outside of how much $$$ you make investing in it today, tomorrow, or in a week. if you really had insight into the future of the tech itself, you would be involved with the companies working on it and this shit would just be play money that you forget about until a decade or two down the road.

If market doesn't recover tomorrow, sell. I have an alert set and am going to sell at $252 which is my break even point.

Oh ehm sir why do you suddenly have 2 million on your bank account?

technically you're supposed to pay tax even if you switch to different crypto, if you profit.

>how much growth is there left in this coin?
Technologically? Gee I dont know... take a look at the roadmap maybe?

If you really need money - sell, but leave at least 32 ETH so you can be still on board for proof of stake. Once we go proof of stake very few people will ever sell the principal - just the staked coins. Its the gold mine of the 21st century.

Prove it kid

This is the funniest and dumbest thing I have ever heard, but then again it's the US.
It's way easier to just take your current portfolio value, subtract your investments and bingo you got your taxable amount.