Northern-Western European history

So I'm a huge European nationalist, and I love Europe, but haven't really paid attention in history classes. I know barely anything other then some series like Last Kingdom thought me. I'm specially interested in anything viking and christian related history. Not really the communism East or the traveling gypsy's.

I'm looking for a place/series/website where I can find a good sum of European history, preferably some simple English.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
youtube.com/watch?v=N8Fi3s8yPBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Last Kingdom
youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco

You'll find plenty of people willing to inform you about specific events, periods, cultures, etc. on here, but asking for a summarization of European history with any amount of Christian involvement is very, very broad. I'd recommend you site a specific event or a specific time in a specific area in Europe. For example, Scandinavia during the Viking Era, & what the Scandinavians discovered & conquered, where they established settlements, & how they expanded so profusely would be a reasonable request.

I'm from The Netherlands, and I barely know anything about my country other then 1945-1950.
Did anything even happen in The Netherlands before 1945?

1939-1945*
such typo

You had an empire and now is under muslim control

>European nationalist

European nationalist? You are not a federalist cuck are you?

>European nationalist

This is actually a good bait. Well memed my friend

>european
>nationalist

fuck the modern right is retarded

I just wanna fight along my European brothers~!
On a journey to safe Europe from the enormous cuck that is invading us!
youtube.com/watch?v=N8Fi3s8yPBc

>brothers
You're not my brother fuck you you're a fucking alien power trying to excert influence over my nation over our nation same way we don't let the jews in NY tell us what to do we don't let some retartet Pole in Brussels tell us that he is our friend even though he does not speak our language, shares our religion, eats our food, or even belongs to a people that -HASN'T- been trying to annex us over the last few hundred years just like every other european kingdom has done.

Kill la meme la yourself, you are the cuck that wants to destroy every single European culture in favour of a parody of enlightenment values and individualism.

>So I'm a huge European nationalist, and I love Europe,
Ok that's reasonable
>but haven't really paid attention in history classes

Read Toynbee's A Study of History, Spengler's The Decline of the West, and H. A. L. Fisher's History Of Europe.

we wuz jumosvikings n shieet we founde da first knightly orders

i know a bit about scandinavia:
there were a bunch of germanic tribes, the goths came from there and possibly the vandals too

then, fast forward to 793, and we got the first viking raid, signaling the start of the viking age. a bunch of exploration happened, sailing from canada to persia, a ton of trade and some shenanigans in the british isles, france and russia
we say that the viking age ended in 1066, because of the battle of stamford bridge. however, raids still happened until the 1100s.

christianity really gets a foothold around 1000ad and the conversions are really bloody. the church comes along with their fancy paper and the scandinavians now can start writing things down. snorri sturlasson, an icelandic scholar from the 1200s, writes down a ton of the norse myths and the lives of the old norwegian kings.

fast forward to 1397, and the kalmar union is founded when the nobles of norway, sweden and denmark gathered in the town of kalmar. a few centuries later and the danish king executes a ton of swedish nobles, called "the stockholm bloodbath". this sparked a revolt, led by the swedish noble gustav vasa, who would later become king. sweden wins but norway and denmark were still in a union together.

we then see the rise of the swedish empire. they do very good against the rest of the catholics in the 30 years' war and pretty much saves protestantism. they also do pretty well against russia. meanwhile, denmark-norway were doing a little bit of colonization but the colonies were later sold to britain.

then, onwards to the napoleonic wars. denmark-norway sides with napoleon, bringing them to war against sweden. napoleon loses and norway is ceded over to sweden to pay them back for their loss of finland to russia. norway, under a new king, declares war on sweden to remain independent in 1814. the norwegian government agrees to join sweden in a new union, as long as they could keep their government and their constitution. this made norway pretty autonomous, as they could pretty much disregard what the swedish king told them when it came to domestic affairs.

denmark at this time got into a series of wars against prussia and lost schleswig-holstein. before this war, a political thought called "scandinavism", the idea that the 3 scandinavian countries should join together, was pretty strong. but, since sweden-norway never gave any huge support to denmark, the idea of a unified scandinavia quickly vanished.

in 1905, norway held a referendum and left the union with sweden.

>European nationalist
>viking

Spot the retard amerilard.

No. Nothing happened in the Netherlands before 1945.

> bunch of exploration
> some shenanigans
These are interesting terms to use to refer to the systematic campaign of pillage, rape, and murder.

yeah, cause the vikings were the only ones who did any those things.

No, the others were Arabs and Magyars.
This doesn't mean you can downplay the main (the only?) thing they were known for in Europe at the time.

if you can't defend something from raiders, then it deserves to be raided. vae victis etc. everybody has raided their enemies, caesar alone managed to kill more gauls than the vikings ever killed.

really, i don't know why everybody starts screeching about the raiding they did when there are so much more interesting things they did, like sailing to america 500 years before columbus. or being the bodyguards of the roman emperors. or basically creating normandy and the people we know as the normans.

i keep seeing that image, so i guess you don't really know how civilizations grow. you need a large, dense population to start screwing around withs things that aren't hunting or farming. you haven't been able to do things like this in scandinavia until just recently because of fertilizer. the little farmland there is terrible. as of today, there are barely 20 million people living in scandinavia.

there's a reason why the first civilization started in one of the most fertile places in the world.

Well, I too find them fascinating, especially their glorious deeds in Sicily, but hiding rappy and pillagy stuff behind vague terms isn't entirely honest. It's like talking about the German history in the 20th century without mentioning the horrendous results of their actions, only talking about German army "exploring" Russia and some "shenanigans" happening in the concentration camps.

this, the Scandinigger worship on this board needs to die.

>So I'm a huge European nationalist
Fucking Americans

You dumb faggots. You can be a pan-European nationalist and still believe in your national soevereignity. Oswald Mosley was an example of that.

So I'm a huge American nationalist, and I love America, but haven't really paid attention in history classes. I know barely anything other then some series like Trailer Park Boys thought me. I'm specially interested in anything Aztec and Mormonism related. Not really the south vs north or Hollywood stuff.

i don't really see how you can compare the holocaust to the viking raids. they never tried to genocide anyone they came across. they intermarried with the franks in the area given to rollo, creating the normans. same happened in the danelaw, in ireland, in the scottish isles. even iceland today is like 40% celtic because of all the irish women taken there.

there wasn't any open war like between germany and russia, just smaller skirmishes (outside of a few times, like sweyn forkbeard/ cnut the great/ hardrada's invasions of england)

when i said shenanigans, i didn't really aim at raiding and raping, but more like the colonization they did around britain, russia (to a lesser extent) and france for example

but i won't deny that raids and raping were happening quite frequently. the fact that they could just show up seemingly out of nowhere, grab what they could carry and screw off before anyone managed to figure out what was going on gives you quite the edge against an unsuspecting victim.

they didn't really sustain themselves by raiding though, they mostly traded, as it was more profitable than just burning down the towns of possible trading partners.

>nordcucks
>glory
Pick one. They are the least impressive of the European race besides the balts. And that's not saying much.

b-but muh ancient religion

The Vikings got BTFO by a bunch of dudes who wore dresses lmao

that picture almost makes me want to become a european nationalist

its almost as if there is no proof for pic related

Ancient greece
Roman empire
Roman empire~> creates evropa
Arabs translate greek texts
France, anglos, byzantine greeks.
ottomans conquer everything medi
Arab greek knowledge becomes latin, italians become masterrace again.
Meds build better boats than turks
Stumble upon murica
Find gold
Become rich af, conquer world
End game
Kill eachother
We peaceful now

Fuck your greentext. From start to beginning, some intervene

>European nationalist
>guys I'm not a white supremacist i just like where my ancestors came from
How many burgers can you clap at once

>kill each other
I think you mean northern Germans ruin world peace

>sub-king
I am laffin, just call them petty kings

My Norwegian friend who is somewhere in line to the throne said it was true, considering how much else he said was true I have nothing to say it wasn't

>So I'm a huge European nationalist but I haven't really paid attention in history classes.

No need to repeat yourself.

>people somehow have a problem with the term European Nationalist

My race is my nation.

>european
>nationalist
Pick one you utter retard

>falling for the Arabs transmitted greek knowledge to the latin west meme

just study British history, it's the only relevant part

Completely off. Arab scum had bad copies of Greek text. After turkroaches destroyed the Roman Empire the Greeks who fled the ERE brought Greek text with them to Italy. After this the renaissance began.