Was Iota a scam all along?

Other urls found in this thread:

www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/52403.wss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why dont you think of these dips as a chance to go back in time and buy cheaper coins?

like if bitcoin dropped to 100 dollars randomly overnight, from mt.polo or whatever, I wouldn't hesitate to drop my life savings in it

I looked into this today after seeing it shilled.
I found myself asking why a 100% pre-mined coin is worth nearly a billion dollars and couldn't come up with a good answer.

Didn't you notice everything is an ICO now? There's bound to some gems.

Yeah, but Iota isn't Btc

So tell me why it's worth $827m. What does it do that no other coin does? Why does it deserve to be in the top 10?

The fresh ICO's are over valued, the ICO's that have been in development for a while, but haven't seen much attention are the ones you want to buy

What is anything in crypto "worth" besides pure speculation?

tangle network, it would be amazing if it gave on all it's promises

This
There are plenty of value projects that didn't run an open cap ICO cashing in purely on hype. Some actually had some professional integrity. They put a hard cap on what needed to be raised and didn't budge and stuck to a very limited token supply.

Stay well clear of the more recent "biggest crowdsale ever" ICOs. especially those that had no cap, extended their sale period AND had an unfair start.

Plus no transfer fees. And quantum resistant, whatever that means

BTC is a non-conventional wealth store with controlled inflation and first mover advantage.
LTC was an ASIC-proof alternative that allowed the little guy to get into mining but lost it's reason to exist with the advent of scrypt ASICs.
ETH was the first crypto to integrate contracts effectively building paypal into he blockchain.
QRL was the first to take the quantum computer threat seriously.
XMR focused on privacy cementing itself as the crypto of choice of illicit uses.

Now tell me what IOTA does.

m...muh tangles

tangle network nigga, it's similar to byteball, I'm not sure the advantages it has over it, but it allows for scalability

What does that mean in simple terms? What does it allow?

I can't tell you what it does which is why I haven't bought it.

nearly instant and fee-less transactions no matter how big the network is? that's the main thing that Bitcoin is dealing with now is the slow transactions and higher fees

>no user fees:
Speaks for itself.
>Tangle network vs. Blockchain:
Blockchain basically works by verifying transactions in the same manner as most classrooms grading homework. You pass your homework to the teacher, who gives you a grade, and passes them back. Under Tangle, verification happens in a different manner, in that you verify two transactions as a "user fee." So you basically trade papers with your partner, grade each other's work, give each other a grade, and hand it back. Way faster.
>Scalability:
Tangle scales as it gets larger. This ties with no user fees. It has an advantage over Bitcoin, Ethereum, and virtually every other cryptocurrency.
>Quantum-resistant
I won't explain the tech of quantum computing, but essentially it operates in a different manner than regular computing and can achieve significantly faster speeds. In fact, a quantum computer may be so fast it could brute force its way through the encryption of the Blockchain (and that of regular networks) and be able to siphon out funds from Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency wallets. Not a fun time. IOTA is quantum-proof, meaning it can't be quantum-hacked. The first quantum computers are still 10-15 years away, but it's still a long-term threat to the cryptocurrency market. Quantum-resistant ledger is another one to look into with this feature.

IOTA is a tippy top tier name and logo, how could it possibly fail?

So how is the network supported? If miners aren't getting paid to support the network who is doing the heavy lifting and why?
As for faster transactions there are literally hundreds of coins that do this.

I know about quantum computers and QRL covers that just fine.
>The first quantum computers are still 10-15 years away
user, I www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/52403.wss

I didn't say I understood the premise behind it, just that if they deliver what they promise it would be good, and I think youre ignoring the scalability part, Bitcoin struggling now and barely any people In the world are using it

Any premined coin is a scam

One transaction confirms two other ones.
There is no mining process to begin with, so it has both the deflationary aspect and there isn't going to be the same tug-of-war in bitcoin regarding transaction fees and miner payouts.

lol