/rgt/ Robinhood General Thread

Tech bouncing back--edition

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Previous thread: non-existent because of the crypto-shills

OP currently posting from the UK which is why the thread may seem posted too early for my Ameribros. But it's never to early to chase memes.

Tech and e-commerce has slumped really hard last month and is finally beginning to show signs of recovery. It's not too late to buy the dips. Currently holding
>AMAT
>SQ
>SHOP

>Currently bag-holding $S

>PRTK expected to release really good Phase 3 results at the end of the month. This shit's gonna be $40 by the end of the year

Other recommendations
>DFEN--a lovely 3x-leveraged defense and aerospace ETF. The industry is extremely bullish after the June-slump
>CUDA--announces earning post-market today. Should be good
>CERU... muh nigga
>ALQA
>NOK
>INAP

Bump

Buy Bitcoin

Hope this week is better than last week.

>PRTK expected to release really good Phase 3 results at the end of the month. This shit's gonna be $40 by the end of the year
why are you so sure it'll double?

Bump

I'll have the gappers up in 30

GAPS IN 30 MIN

DCTH

That premarket

OCUL getting cucked

DRYS

i know he's posting these soon but i just saw that AVEO up 12% premarket

Up gaps

These are for scalping don't bitch at me if the stock rolls over I pay 200/month for this and I'm giving it to you free

thanks dog, fuck anyone who doesn't appreciate it, shit is super helpful

Down gaps if you want to catch the bounce after the morning panic

I'm shorting it today probably

You got it babe happy to help

I'm new to everything. Barely investing anything more than a few movie tickets on a weekend. What is the value of these pictures?

Asking as a humble market retard who doesn't know any better. Thanks for posting regardless.

Fucking USLV

i'm a retard too so my answer won't be that good, but it's basically one of the only ways to figure out which stocks might actually move, based on premarket activity

please explain this. I would be thankful but I don't understand it

the gap % is how much they're up from their closing prices on Friday. with the red chart, it's how much they're down.

this information doesn't guarantee anything, really. some shit that gaps up crashes immediately, some skyrockets, sometimes nothing happens, etc. but it gives you an idea of what's happening in the market ahead of time.

These are the stocks that have moved up after hours/pre market, usually due to good news. They often times continue into the morning but usually fade after 10:30 or even earlier depending on the nature of the news.

Basically you use these lists to find stocks that aren't just going to move with the market as usual. These are what are "popping off" if you pick up what I'm putting down

I'm reading the investopedia article about it. Sort of gettting it now. Thanks senpai

With Vegas legalizing marijuana and two sports franchises set to move there within the next 5 years, what are the best ways to get in on a Las Vegas moon mission?

Thinking MGM and WYNN for sure...

any thoughts on what oil is gonna do when we open here in 15 minutes?

No one here caught the rprx rocket? Sad.

honestly no. I rarely trade commodities. I know oil doesn't have a bright immediate future but it's already in a glut

this is my watch list

I'll be absent from open to about 6:45 but it looks like there are rookies here. Happy to answer questions in the meantime

Oil is going to keep dropping. Too much production and you have a strong dollar. Until something happens to either of these things expect the price of oil to go down.

Thanks

thanks bitch

Can you give a noob one book suggestions? Preferably the one must read about trading.

for trading? That's a youtube thing, too visual for a book.

Look up Tim Grattani to learn how to make money short side (you'll need a different broker than RH but there's a lot of money to be made there) otherwise I follow Warrior Trading on YouTube too. People think warrior trading is a sham but what he says makes sense to me he's just level 9001 at trading so it's intimidating too

How I Manage by Michael Scott is full of gems. it's not specific to trading, but it offers a great perspective about getting into a business mindset.

Thanks

yeah, both of these guys are awesome. i heard that kid Steven Dux is releasing a video series soon too. i know a lot of people think he's fake too though, but he claims he learned a lot from Tim Grittani's series too.

this was a joke btw i'm sorry

Welcome I'm holding long

Also
>opht
You can stop whining now

$RPRX to the moon

$NOK is meme, don't fuck with it. No amount of good news moves the fucking dial. I held it for 2 months and it did nothing but trickle backwards a few cents every day. Fuck Nokia.

choppy market today.

Down $36.

yeah, this shit sucks. nothing big going on?

yeah, weird after that good non-farm payroll level that came out on friday, Dow had a major sell off at open by the looks of the today's candlestick

What's JNUG doing??

I would advise against precious metal exposure for now, but up to you

wait until after 10 to make any moves on JNUG, first 30 minutes is noise

AVNW also

yeah JNUG can seriously fuck your shit up. tread carefully

L2 on DCTH my man??

I'm not using this info, but thanks for providing.

Also, thanks Faggy for that nice fundamental analysis.

ABIL doing alright. Think it will be good for tomorrow? Can't risk another day trade

(Faggy I was referring to friday, not being sarcastic about what you just said about JNUG)

why, did you short those shit bags OMNT and OPTT?

CUDA earnings in post-market.

Load up now for the moon mission

Thanks m8, set a buy order at .1301

Pepsi earnings tomorrow morning. Ez money.

you think it'll hold 13?

nah, i just appreciate effort ;)

From what I can tell, there's a lot of sell orders on the way up but there's a big ass buy order at .13 that would take some time to fill. Very thin support on this run it's making right now so it'll probs drop right back down to the .132-.131 area within the next half hour

Delcath is never going to moon

Buy plat.

It's at it's lowest in a year.

yeah, i think that day we saw 29 cents or whatever it was was probably the highest it'll ever be

just bought $20k worth of JNUG. looks like today is going to be a big day for gold

I'm looking for a scalp, not a mission to the moon.

even if it's not, you can easily ride it until it starts to turn. JNUG is free money when you play it right

yep, it always has big hour long moves and you can make like 20% in a single trade

What's up with $MU being fucked so hard?

ALSO; eyes on ARGS, it's at its general turning point of ~.35 where it normally will shoot back up to ~.40

This would be a swing, not a scalp. Unless of course it makes that move today, in which case scalp

JNUG

Gold looks like it's going to have a huge break today

could be a 10%= day for JNUG

make sure you manage risk

I know JNUG doesn't 100% follow gold, but gold price does influence it, and I'm just not confident in gold uptrending atm, which is why I'd advise against it. But it seems to be finding some support according to the today's candlestick. I'm more of a swing trader who follows trends, but if you're in and out with JNUG, then you do you.

Oh fuck, something at 9:45 fucked the market's shit up

Tech in general is sketchy as fuck atm. MU should be at like 40 bucks with the earnings they had.

nigga don't use jnug from trends in gold because of decay

if you don't have a day trade stay away, but this could be yuggggeeeee

just make sure you manage risk

Fuck JNUG. Go UGLD.

pretty much gold/silver/platinum in the same boat, in that regard

sacrifice 20% gains for 4% gains? no thanks

how low do you think JNUG will dip right now? considering jumping in

Keep fucking with JNUG. See what happens.

Tech has been getting BTFO the past month

I feel you bro. The vast majority of my portfolio is in tech and I've been getting wrecked lately. I hope this slump finally ends

i've lost a lot on JNUG so i can't disagree, haha. it's just so appealing sometimes

when will the AVEO holocaust finally end?

sit the fuck down

right now. you should have gotten in at 10, but I think it's still going higher

forgot picrelated

Could be worse

He could be buying DRYS

>tfw learning to pattern trade

so...what color Lambo are you getting?

You're gonna make it.

how are you feeling about that .1301 now? did you stick with it?

If you guys want to stop losing money and want a non meme stock, consider PIRS. It is not going to make you rich over night but it has been rising by 1-3% everyday for the past 2 months. Its still cheap enough to make you some cash, I have been making about $50 a day from it for the past 2 weeks. It will probably hit around $10 in a few months.

jesus. i wish i bought that shit around May 1st, wtf

Sure did, I'm fine with what's happening so far. I've gotten into the habit of buying half my intended shares at one price and then setting another order for the other half at a lower price in case it continues to fall. If it starts heading up, no sweat; gains are gains even if it was only half of what I intended to get. I'm thinking of setting the order for my next half at .122 since there's another big buy wall at .12 and the bag holders from .30+ have surely all sold by now.

pic related

thanks, my first couple days on the market i kept freaking out and lost a few bucks, but i learned from my mistakes. its not a big sum, but its a moral victory to call what a stock will do and nail it

whats the meme today

i think learning to handle those panic moments end up being the biggest thing to overcome. you're basically guaranteed to lose, but if you can minimize those losses early on, you'll never lose a shit load.

i'm very interested to see where it goes. the fact that it didn't drop back down to like 2 cents after those couple of big days it had makes me interested

not JNUG

fuck

hahahaha i was waiting for you to post about it. i'm glad i didn't get in

hahaahahahahahaha
mfw

You still have time to get in. They recently became partnered with AstraZeneca and got listed on the Russels Index. Not to mention more good news about their product. They are price targeted at $9 right now.