How does Veeky Forums feel about Indy and the great war channel?

How does Veeky Forums feel about Indy and the great war channel?

Does it get the Veeky Forums approval?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2CX3e_bTLLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He is not John Green, but he is okay in his own way, I guess.

He seems like a genuine guy, far better than John Green. He is trying to teach normies about Ww1 so of course its gonna be dumbed down.

Difference is he doesnt force his liberal propoganda down your throat

> he doesnt force his liberal propoganda down your throat
As if, he literally said that there was no good side in war, when we all know that Germans were good ones.

He's alright. It helps that he's open about what sources he used (like 90% Gilbert and Hart) so you can always verify what he says yourself. Plus he gets guest researchers for specific topics he and the team don't know much about.

He is pretty good.

Conrad von Hötzendorf

Got me a lot more interested in ww1, heard about figures I've never heard of and learned about what countries and people done during the war when I didn't really know much. Sometimes simplistic (but admits he only scratching the surface) but overall pretty good.

I passionately hate Luigi Cardona now

pretty good, due to the nature of few minute vids he misses some stuff, but nothing vital

>Does it get the Veeky Forums approval?
The comment section is 99% nationalists fighting over muh ancestors could beat up your ancestors.
The videos themselves are alright, but I like longer format stuff. This is clearly for the normies who won't spent three hours listening to a history podcast.

>he seems like a genuine guy
He is genuinely an actor, he even had another project about advertising some IT workspace in Sweden, where he had glasses and introduced himself by another name.

>conrad so bad :D
Worst meme. Marshal Luigi Cadorna did much worse, and you can argue that the french and british leads were equally incompetent and their hubris combined with inability to adapt caused more death.

ALL

FOR

His pronounciation of non-English names triggers me hard

Extreme overview, good gateway

GOOD MEN
DEAD

Now that he has toned down his whole crying about THE HORRORS OF WAR IMAGINE BEING A SOLDIER IN THE TRENCHES THIS IS MODERN WARFARE and somesuch the main videos are much more enjoyable. The bio specials are good too, the rest of the filler videos are terrible but apparently youtube gives more exposure to channels that upload frequently so I understand them putting out videos constantly even if some are subpar.

I think it's fantastic. I like his videos on little-known parts of the war, like say Portugal joining the war. I never really knew the details of that.

Well, he learned how to pronounce Przemyśl, at least.

This, was modern war!

NOTHING

Really? Link me up
I doubt so because he'd have to learn some new sounds

>the rest of the filler videos are terrible
out of the trenches?
yeah it's filler, but I wouldn't call it terrible, it's "meh"
most of the specials are pretty cool
"The Utterly Bizarre Battle for Lake Tanganyika" is funny as hell

john green is terrible, go back to tumblr

No mate, thats ww2

youtube.com/watch?v=2CX3e_bTLLk
5:13
Not perfect, but really close.

He wasn't so bad with Serbian names. Not exactly correct, but better than i would have expected.

ć will always be a problem for most non-slavic natives.

It's actually the way he puts the accents on wrong places in the names/words. But Serbian - well all slavic languages come to think of it - are terrible to pronounce correctly for someone who has English as his native language.

Wow that actually sounds like Polish ś. Incredible.

All languages
>are terrible to pronounce correctly for someone who has English as his native language.
FTFY

He can be an actor and still be a good guy...

Based lad. Much better than people who try to learn about WW1 from Battlefield 1.

I'm a Slav and I have no idea what ć is, there's only č in my language.

same thing as t' or ть

a dude whos passionate about history talking about a massive conflict most people aren't really informed on?

no hate from me m8

Ah okay then. Hungarians can also pronounce that, by the way.

>He is not John Green
That's a positive

> This is clearly for the normies who won't spent three hours listening to a history podcast.
I actually like that they are real time. Really shows how long the war was if you watch it on daily basis for an immersion.

>introduce by another name
link pls

I like him and the channel. Really reignited my passion for World War I, and he presents it pretty neutrally instead of typical "muh ebil Germanz takin over da world n sheeit." Also the absence of forced libtard propaganda is a breath of fresh air. He discusses the contributions of non-Europeans to the war effort with historical accuracy instead of pretending that every other British soldier was black like in Battleswede 1.

>He is not John Green
Implying that's a bad thing