Origin of name

how far back can you trace your name?
Mine can be traced to a Knight that followed William the Conqueror.
Dont know how my family ended up as sheep thieves in western Ireland, but families are always rising and falling.
So whats yours...

>Tyrone

What does it mean?

My first name is derivative of Roman origins, and dates back to the 3rd century. My last name has multiple origins and meanings in European forms.

The oldest verifiable record of my surname I found was from 1824. Probably because it's of hungarian origin and the communists destroyed or otherwise lost lots of census information, or so I've been told.

>Daniel

oy vey

My name dates back to times of Jesus. I'm named after one of his followers, Piotr. I think in english it's Peter.

it means you were born in a very urban area.

nigger

I don't know, my surname is extremely rare, because it's a mangled version of a more common Ukrainian name.

My surname apparently originated from the epithet of a King in 12th century Offaly, apparently gained after he defeated the Norman Lord Richard de Clare.

My family still lives in Offaly so I'm assuming that's accurate

Irish, theres a province in Ireland called Tyrone

It's not something any Irish person would call someone though, "Tír Eoghan" means "land of Eoghan".

Family name, mothers side highlights as tracked through geniology records.
Two tours of Vietnam
George medal in WWII and fought in Korea.
otlriganal ANZAC and served with the mounted decision in palistine.
NSW infantry in Sudan
First fleet marine who transferred to the NSW Corps than one of sydneys first police officers.
No this special for a few hundred years except being on the rolls of a few Brit regiments
Died at dome siege in 1500.
One of Henry's happy few.
Two entries in a Northumbria church roll as winning archery contests. Forty years apart.

Farthest side, some records mostly oral history.
Iron worker Sydney harbour bridge and some railways.
NSW artillery at Daws Fort.
Emigrated from England in 1840
Than nothing.

some habsburg's official probably didn't know ukrainian and write it down wrong, it happened quite often to polish surnames too

Is there an origin of muhammad past THE muhammad?

>Mine can be traced to a Knight that followed William the Conqueror
So can mine actually, to one of his knights who was granted a minor lordship

My surname is a Dutch bastardisation of a french surname. We fled here as huguenots after the French started being rude to protestants.

I have to go to France to look further into the name though.

O'Malley, an Irish clan that owned land in the Westport area and had the largest fleet in the emerald isles

>Fought the Spanish armada
>fought Queen Elizabeth

Same here. Did they go to Leiden or Amsterdam and were did they came from?
Mine came from Artois and in 1096 my forefather gave lands to l'abbaye de Saint-Vaast in Artois.

Rotterdam actually, we came from the champagne. No nobility on that side of the family, just artisans.

mine is derived from the word for a person who lives in other people's homes for a while without paying them for it, or some shit like that.
far as I can tell my paternal ancestors have been farmers and blacksmiths at least for a couple of centuries though.

>how far back can you trace your name?
>Mine can be traced to a Knight that followed William the Conqueror.

same

>Dont know how my family ended up as sheep thieves in western Ireland, but families are always rising and falling.

probably because the hiberno-normans/cambro-normans who invaded ireland in the 12th century were catholic, and all got dispossessed by oliver fucking cromwell

>My first name is derivative of Roman origins, and dates back to the 3rd century.
WOW

>apparently gained after he defeated the Norman Lord Richard de Clare

strongbow was never defeated

Oh, OK. In Rotterdam there used to be (and maybe there still is) a "Waalse kerk" for Francophone Protestants. Perhaps you should go to the town hall and ask for the archives about Huguenots if you want to know more.

Tir Eoghan - Land of Eoghan
Eoghan - Owen/Owain
Owain - Born of Yew

Tyrone = Owen

are you on the official roll call also, my family was given the land in western england

My name is a berber name, i know it's already existed during ancient times there was some roman in north africa who had my name

St. Columbanus I guess but it probably goes further back than that

And uhh Brian Boru or whatever for last name

Means "ancient" in Gaelic. This was the name of the mythical ancestor of the Cianachta in Irish legend. Cian was also the name of a son-in-law of Brian Boru.

Taken straight from a website, no idea how true.