Byzantine Hate Thread

All this byzantine shilling and wewuzzing is getting out of hand so lets discuss all the reasons these turkic larpers were shit.

Edgy.

>muh christianity
>muh destruction of pagan temples, scriptures and idols
literally proto-IS

Great thread

A thread died for this. A potentially informative thread where people who knew what they were talking about discussed subjects in depth.

Nigga this is Veeky Forums.

Actually it was a shitty thread

Eat shit Byzacucks.

I don't get it
Veeky Forums hates HRE and Byzantium for some reason
two empires of moderate importance for almost a 1000 years
most normies haven't even heard of them, yet Veeky Forums obsesses over them
why?

Because it didn't have to end this way. But it did.

Daily reminder that the Republic of Venice is superior to the ERE in every way possible.

Precisely because they're obscure (ie not taught in American schools) so when they first discover about these nations this whole new world opens up, a country was there for 1000 years that they had previously never heard of.

Or at least that's my experience, and I'm a complete byzaboo

>informative threads
>on Veeky Forums

I am amazed by your naivete user.

I think like
says it's kind of an expression of insecurity. People suddenly find out that the Roman Empire lasted for 1000 years more than they think it did and instead of taking pains to learn about it they're very dismissive of it.

>tfw republic of Venice was the Carthage of our generation

*leads pointless wars with Persia*
so
*gets overwhelmed by Muslims*
you be sayin
*leads shitload of civil wars motivated by debate whenever icons are degenerate or not*
that
*grants trade priviliges to venetian merchants*
we
*realizes its mistake and incompetence, massacres catholic inhabitants of constantinople and other cities, sells leftovers to turks as slaves*
wuz
*gets conquered by crusaders*
romans
*reconquests constantinople, but still leads eternal court intrigue and digs its own grave*
n shiet?
*gets conquered by turks*

>Veeky Forums hates Byzantium
Veeky Forums only hates the
>
>
>
But not Byzzies, as proven by the butthurt OP is for even making this thread as a response against the large number of Byzaboos in this board.

It was truly something else.
SERENISSIMA

What are byzaboo arguments for loving them so much? Outside of
>muh roman traditions
because you might well as well be romanboo at this point
their only invented trebuchets and created some huge aqueducts, that's a very small amount of contributions even though they had their sweet time to larp for over 1000 of years.

>Eastern Roman Empire
>turkic larpers

IDontThinkSoTim.jpg

because you might well as well be romanboo at this point

Who the hell says they're not?

>
Forgot meme arrows
On the phone sorry

>rome is split into two different administrative bodies in order to make things more effecient
>the territory one of these bodies held is lost
>the remaining body is not the same state
And great britain ceased to be a thing after ireland left.

Didn't byzantium set the foundation for mathematics?

No?

Eastern roman empire contributed to the downfall of western empire.
For example they paid tributes to the migrating hordes to continue their march toward west.

>dead balkan thread replaced with an everything-around-but-not-including-the-balkans hate thread
interesting

>For example they paid tributes to the migrating hordes to continue their march toward west.

To be fair they only had bad relations for a brief window in the early 400s because Stilicho was a fucking retard who was obsessed with getting custodianship over the child emperor Arcadius in the east so landed his troops on the Greek coast to invade and press his claim. The ERE were fairly justified in their response by sending Alaric their way.

Plus, ERE emperor Leo's attempt to save the WRE by sending the biggest expeditionary fleet of Antiquity was a noble gesture. It basically bankrupted the east for many years when the Vandals fucked their shit up off Cape Bon.

I don't care about the western part much after the Theodosian split happened. I am a "Romaboo" for the intact Roman Empire only.

t. Byzaboo

I mean, I'm a burger, and they were definitely *mentioned* in school, but other than "yeah they existed" I don't remember learning much about them. So it can definitely be fascinating when you start learning about the internal dynamics, stuff like the Balkan campaigns, etc. But then you realize non-LARPing empires also had all of that.