Question:

Question:

Do you guys think it's predominately ideology that changes the world, or material circumstances?

Nature changes the world. In terms of its vehicles, rising cultures.

And ideology is a result and part of the meeting of mind and nature called religion. The calling to complete something that compels men to build, and once having built, causes them to lapse into easy living and weakness, with no mission, and finally resource depletion, social distinction and giving up.

Literally none of you answered my question.

its both user
i think its obvious why

you cant think about something you have no knowledge of

It's quite the chicken and egg question, but I'm inclined to say material circumstances.

Ideology ALWAYS comes after the needs.

"Erst das Fressen, dann die Moral!" B. Brecht
Whoever tells you otherwise will also believe in sky fairies.

Reason I'm asking is that people tend to confuse cause and effect in a lot of social situations.

Take for example feminism. On the Right, feminism is blamed for destroying the nuclear family, but is that really true?

Isn't it way more likely that what destroyed the nuclear family was the need for capitalist societies to grow, and hence needed more labor?

Material circumstances before ideology. Absolutely every time.

>Take for example feminism. On the Right, feminism is blamed for destroying the nuclear family, but is that really true?
>Isn't it way more likely that what destroyed the nuclear family was the need for capitalist societies to grow, and hence needed more labor?
What does putting more women to work have to do with no fault divorce, free abortions and contraceptives out the wazoo? Plenty of women worked wayyy before women's lib.

>Plenty of women worked wayyy before women's lib

What do you mean by "plenty" exactly? Some women worked outside the home before women's liberation, but they were usually childless and unmarried.

All ideology is a consequence of material circumstance.

Women were working in factories and bakeries 100 years before radfem was a thing. Peasant women farmed alongside their peasant husbands for as long as civilization existed.

What's your point?

Doesn't mean their gender role didn't needed to be loosened. It was more restrictive than men's role.

No ideology can go against material circumstances.

> what destroyed the nuclear family
The nuclear family itself was a meme of the times when people were very rich to support such family unit. There is a reason why it wasn't supported by more economically weak cultures of the past, the third world, etc.

Ideology is determined by material circumstance. People slowly become more open minded when their quality of life and security improves. Indirectly education improves when material circumstances do, and education affects ideology.

Slightly looser but still worthy of being said is that ideology affects markets and the economy, which either increases or diminishes material circumstances.

The two are interconnected.

My point is man hating rabid radfem types who consider men who sneeze at them to be rapists and consider childbirth beneath them has fuck all with capitalists needing to employ more women to grow the economy.

I think they are linked. Feminism is a great way to smuggle in the idea that women need to work in the capitalist system just like men do.

Just look at the West today; capitalists and governments pay lip-service to feminists all the time, which should make leftists raise an eye-brow, but it doesn't.

Does that bottle actually exist?