Bye

see you in the next life

crypto was fun

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you had to chase those absurd gains. If you had diversified and sold at+20% or +50% you would have been much better off

anybody know if margin on gdax is back up

it wont drop another 20% I think you will scrape through

haha green candle

shit my self a little

3 satoshis away from forced liquidation according to polo

OP. I want to hep you.
But you'll have to go through your tribulation first.

You can get out of this debt.
But you must do everything I say.
You will become shill

i am already shill

buy dgb

I am become shill, destroyer of Veeky Forums

BUY LODE STOCK GENTLEMEN
I come to you all in a time of need.

i got liquidated while at work today. canceled out the days pay. fuck.

Noob here. If I will close my position on Poloniex, will I immediately get/lose "Unrealized P/L" balance? Or there is some penalty for unrealized loans or shit like that?

Girls for you, thx.

The russian mafia is going to enslave you.

stream it

Yes, it will be deducted from the capital in your margin account. First they'll take the BTC, then they'll take the equivalent value from your remaining coins.

hm, well it restarted.

I get the feeling I'm going to get liquidated this time.

Peace out friends.

haha this is awful, the last bit of resistance on these coins is exactly where my liqudiation point is

Why do you faggots trade on margin knowing the extremely high risk and tremendous downturns and upswings this market possesses.

Because it can also be extremely profitable. Most of my biggest gains have been riding ETH and LTC and XRP on their pumps.

you have to put the pieces of the puzzle together user...

...user

...put the pieces of the puzzle together.

6 is here to save Veeky Forums
I have come from /soc/

he will be dropping clues

pay attention to Veeky Forums

l i q u i d a t e d

rip money you will be missed

inb4 it pumps to the heavens now

rip pupper

Why do people insist on messing around with margins? Just fucking hold

>margin trading

You're missing the key, it's margin on leverage that cooks them. You can margin trade with zero risk of liquidation for events like this. Once you actually starting trading on leverage, that's when you're in trouble.

Why didn't you back out of your position a bit until the chaos subsided?

But then it isn't margin trading..?
Isn't leverage precisely what defines margin trading?

Lmao idiot

WHY WONT GUYS BORROW MORE THERE'S LITERALLY 18,000 BTC IN LOANS ON POLO

Not exactly, I should have specified leverage or over-leverage. In OPs case it's 2.5x leverage.

So margin trading is leveraging your holdings to borrow funds to buy/sell stock. How much you borrow determines whether you are at risk of being liquidated.
So say you have $10,000 worth of stock. You don't have anymore cash but you think a stock is going to go up and want in. You can borrow $5,000 to buy a stock using your existing holdings as collateral. You are still margin trading but you're not at any real risk of being liquidated because you have far more collateral than what you borrowed. The stock could go down to $1 and you still won't be liquidated.

Now say you have a broker that offered 2x leverage. You have $10,000 collateral, but you can now buy $20,000 of a stock you think will go up and so you do. It's a sure thing, until it's not. Margin trading on high leverage is where you risk liquidation. That or the underlying collateral drops in value while you have a position open.

So you can margin trade without over-leveraging yourself to the point you risk liquidation. A lot of people here instantly conflate margin trading with margin trading on high leverage.

you can only borrow 2.5x what you have...

How much did you have?

>you have $10,000 worth of stock
>you have far more collateral than what you borrowed
What are you saying, the stock you already own is used as collateral?
If the price plummets, the collateral itself becomes worthless, no?
How does this work?

i'm down 5k

I could potentially buy in right now and hope it swings up but fuck it, I'll just wait for this downtrend to stop. I don't plan on quitting crypto anytime soon regardless.

Yes, I know, but only 2 days ago there were barely 5,000 BTCs available. Now that amount has nearly quadrupled.

You can use any stock as collateral, not just what you're trading. So you can diversify your holdings into a number of stable high cap stocks to reduce the risk to your portfolio. That's why risk management is key to trading

If you go 100% in ETH and then leverage 2.5x to buy more ETH, obviously your exposed to extreme risk if there's a downward movement. Not only does your long position drop, but the underlying collateral does as well.

However, if you held LTC, XMR, XRP, BTC and ETH and then only leverage 0.5x to buy more ETH, the risk is relatively small. Even in a bear market on red days like this

You are retarded, no reason to borrow and pay interest if you can pay cash

You're a fucking retard if you're going to respond before reading the first 3 fucking lines.

>So say you have $10,000 worth of stock. You don't have anymore cash but you think a stock is going to go up and want in.

And since you're incapable of logic or reasoning, consider you have will have the cash but for "reasons" it's not available to you yet (settlement, transfer delays) and you want to get in on something quick.

And you call me a retard.

Wait, btc has potential of droping a bit below 1900 real soon. Many reports just published by actual brainiacs show the reasoning. Many are cashing out for this big (big, by last 2 months) dip. Rebounding over 3100 in next few months they all show too. But I do wonder if panic sellers will make it dip more..that's a hard variable to account for. Crypto has had a huge boom in cash out quick vs the original long term holders

Another one bites the dust...

RIP OP

I want it to drop to $1,500 - $1,800 so much.

LODE HERE, I AM LITERALLY ALL IN ON LODE.