Does anyone else agree that the Inca were an amazing civilization...

Does anyone else agree that the Inca were an amazing civilization? They achieved amazing architectural feats while being stuck on a shitty continent with barely any domesticatable animals and a rough and deadly mountain range that's a terrible living environment, and I don't think they get enough credit.

Inb4 got destroyed by the Spanish

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Túpac_Amaru_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanfang_Caomu_Zhuang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_plan
news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/04/inca-khipus-code-discovery-peru/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The environment was good enough for llamas and potatoes to allow a civilization to exist there.

>potatoes
They actually developed potatoes.
There are thousands of variants of potatoes, and the original one was unable for human consumption.

Check this "research center" , where they adapted crops for different conditions.

I wnder Why Argentinian natives never developed a civilization or an advanced culture of any sort, their land seems perfect for it

that wasn't a research center, variation in soil content and moisture will have more effect than the 50 meters altitude difference

perfect for the crops and cattle developed in europe

maybe because they cover it?

Guaranies, and mapuches were based. There is this version that San Martin was half guarani. (at least their national drink is guarani)

they were in the hunter/gatherer phase still, too busy warring each other for women
San Martin was fully criollo. However he was born in guarani territory and probably spoke the language well.

>The temperature varies substantially (up to 15° – 20° C) between the center (warmer) and the exterior (colder) and the site reproduces more than 20 ecological areas.

so what it was?

>San Martin was fully criollo.

As I said that's a version. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was half indian, many important guys of the independence were mixed. For instance Bolivar had a black grandmother (acoording to a book of Gabriel Garcia Marquez).

Anyway San Martin supported the inca plan. (An incan emperor for southamerica after the independence.)

>For instance Bolivar had a black grandmother

I love how people have to go back to roodoodoo 20's Mississippi standards of race in order to make people seem mixed.

Are you saying we could have had a neo inca empire?

>no wheels
>no writing
>no metal

They deserved to be conquered tbqh

>no writing

False

>no metal

Gold is a metal

Now.... Kys!!

They existed for only 100 years and they already had something close to writing called qipu.

*quipu

we could :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Túpac_Amaru_II

I'm sure we will.

Faslling for obvious bait is why these threads get derailed by triggered stormfags.

*falling

Iberberians had all that but They lived in scattered huts and were basically celt tier tribsl savages without a political entity, meanwhile Incas had actual cities, superior architecture, an incredibly vast and articulate road System at The same level of The Roman one and were an empire with a massive army

So they stumbled across a valley that doesn't catch the breeze and is a bit colder and grew some fruits in the warm part like a greenhouse. So what?

So they used it to experiment with several crops.

the inca have nothing on the noble and glorious aztec culture. there shit also probably smelled bad, unlike the aztec master race. they didn't even build their capitol on a massive toilet. they weren't even trying.

Quipu is not writing. It is a method of record keeping, but it's not writing. As far as we know, the Inca didn't use it communicate abstract ideas and it was mainly used to transmit numeric information.

Regarding metallurgy, you're not giving the Inca quite enough credit. Their silver and gold working methods were quite advanced, enough so to confuse the Spanish. They also conquered the origination point of copper and bronze working in the New World, which they utilized to some degree.

Those are Chiloe potatoes, 100% Mapuche.

If the Inca Empire wasn't conquered by the spanish and fell like it was intended to, (They were kneedeep in crisis) Do you think southamerica would have ended up like the middle ages europe? With several smaller kingdoms and maybe even the Mapuche, Guarani and other less developed but still within the sphere of influence becoming more organised. Honestly these what-if scenarios make me sad

incas didn´t had the manpower to conquer pampa and mapuche peoples. Consider the better armed spaniards had almost five times more casualties fighting those than in the conquest of the inca empire. (They were really conquered in the 1880s by Argentina and Chile)

No wheel, no respect

Tartessos was one of the main partners of Phoenicians and had everything that the natives had and more. Tbh surprassing the natives is not hard. Even the Britons were superior to them technologically

>an incredibly vast and articulate road System at The same level of The Roman one
>still no wheels

Everyone bred different strains of crops, the Incas were not an exception.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanfang_Caomu_Zhuang

The thing about the Inca emperor was more like a joke. When everybody looked for legitimacy and support of some monarch after the independence in some meeting he said something like "If you want a king so much, then let's put some Inca". None of the new independent countries really came close to considering something like that.

It doesn't look like a joke.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_plan

So is spouting this shit about the wheel just a form of baiting people into curbing discussion? I see it cropping up on threads and it usually stops when people post wheels.

republicucks ruin all the fun

inca mirrors found in machu picchu

Also found in machu picchu

also in machu picchu

recently found in Ayawiri

inca weapons

Yes, but the incas came 14 centuries after the iberians were gone.

I agree, they're really underappreciated, they were much cooler than the Aztecs imo.

Tartessus is a mythological city, it's never been found, Turdetans were Not urbanized and only adopted an alphabet because They got it from their Phoenician over lord, most likely The Word Tartessus comes from The Word Tarshish which indicated areas rich in silver, in The bible and Assyrian sources it indicated The far west where Tyroans got their silver from, so both Sardinia and Iberia (a stelae with The name Tarshish was found in an ancient city in Sardinia dating to 850 BC)

Britons had better weapons but That's it, mesoamericans were superior in every other aspect and so were The Incas

I like aztec philosophy, but what was inca philosophy like?

Most scholars now think Quipu DID encode a written language. Also, using writing to express abstract ideas come later, all the earliest writings are very simple accountancy texts.

No, because they didn't have horses. Small states can't defend themselves from larger ones without horses to act as a force multiplier.

No draft animals = no use for wheels.
>but they could use carts and wheelbarrows

Not in Peru they can't. Pic related.

source? that certainly isn't what I learned in my archeology class

Tartessos has never been found but it certainly existed, we have plenty of evidence for it.

>2753576
Any civilization with will to power mentality deserves to be conquered by a stronger more powerful civilization.

When did you study? This was all over the journals ten or more years back.

news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/04/inca-khipus-code-discovery-peru/

>no wheels

No large pack animals and highly mountainous terrain. Thus there wasn't really a need too, but yeah this was one mark against them. They still had the wheel btw, but it was used more as a children's toy than anything.

>no writing

Not true

>no metal

They were highly sophisticated metalworkers. They had no iron or steel, but were fairly advanced at gold and bronze working. They had a particular fascination with gold. Bronze was used in weaponry and farming implements.

I would highly recommend everyone in this thread to read Thomas C. Mann's 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus.

It's certainly more impressive than pre-christian nordicuck """""civilization"""""

I don't really know much about the philosophy, but their economy and administration were pretty fascinating.