en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfdalian
youtube.com/watch?v=cENbkHS3mnY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirandese_language
youtube.com/watch?v=1pE0S9AYijk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochian_Greek_Christians
youtube.com/watch?v=b0aoquU_bN0
youtube.com/watch?v=okpdhrw4eIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Astur-Leonese and Aragonese are pretty much dead languages at this point.

> Don Kossack?
Kalmyks (Mongol Buddhist that lives in Russia)

It's 1914.

Try substituting Inuit languages for Uralic and we're getting closer.

> Inuit languages?
Uralic ones, Samoyeds and such. Close to Finns.

Yes, you vastly overrated presence of Occitan and Kurdish and vastly underrated presence of Polish and Armenian.

> swiss italian
Looks like Romansh

Where is esperanto?

Croatian and serbo croat is a bit confusing

What you labeled as swiss italian is romansh, the green speaking part of Switzerland is the one speaking "swiss italian", which by the way doesn't exist and is just lombard. To have swiss french as a distinct language but NOT swiss german is ridicolous. Swiss french presents virtually no difference from standard french except for a few colloqualism whereas swiss german is rightfully its own language
t. Swiss italian

>Lallans
>"Scottish English"
TAK THA HAUNCE YE PLOUKIT GOMERIL

REEEEEEEEE

Swiss french is called arpitan but i am not sure how alive it was at this point and today most people speak french on both sides

>Baleares
>Catalan

>Valencia
>Catalan

Aqui se estan tratando de implicar gilipolleces

Isn't ironic that all north Africa speaks arabic and yet all the bad shit and segregation happens there?

There is a little almost extinct language called elfdalian in Sweden, at this time it was probably large enough to be on the map
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfdalian

Why do you have serbo-croat and croatian? They are virtually identical, serbo-croat is fine for both.

Also, vlachian (not sure it's called that way but that is beside the point) is nowhere near as dominant in eastern Serbia as that map shows. It is spoken but in a tiny minorty.

Also, while Macedonian is similar to Bulgarian, has more differences from it than say Serbian and Croatian do

The one you labeled "croatian" is the kaykavian dialect of serbo-croatian
The one you called vlachian is the torlakian dialect of serbo-croatian
The one you called istrian is friulian
Swiss French is normally called Franco-provençal
You forgot the Saami languages and Aragonese

Assyrian should probably be big enough to get a label

Scottish english is called scots and it is its own language

Scots is no more its own language than deep, deep Southern US English spelled phonetically. It's a dialect that's a bit hard to follow, but more mutually intelligible with RP English than many other dialects considered the same language. I've never been to Bagpipestan and I can still understand 2/3 of this lecture, that and the fact written Scots just looks like English a toddler wrote is proof it's mutually intelligible enough to not seriously merit being its own language outside the deranged minds of SNP voters.

youtube.com/watch?v=cENbkHS3mnY

OP here. I can't edit the map right now because of work. Thank you for your contributions

Bulgaria - these areas have Turkish minorities

Scots has historically been considered a language in its own right by every other people who encountered it. Danes, French, Italians, Irish, etc. It's only in recent times that people have started to consider it a dialect of English.

This is a problem which is compounded by the fact that most Scottish people outside of Fife don't know how to speak Scots, and what they speak instead is English peppered with Scots words, or Scottish-English.

Modern linguistic classifications of Scots usually distinguish between "dense Scots"
>A skylter o roch grun, fin granfadder's fadder brukit in fae thi hedder an third funn.
And "thin Scots"
>Wha's aucht him? Whit man and woman felt in their bed the bairn he wes kick at the wame?
They're both noticeably different from standard English but one of them is more mutually intelligible.

That's Arpitan not Swiss French

WAY overestimates Vlachs in Eastern Serbia.

Even in 1914, probably overestimates Occitan.

Underestimates Poles in the West.

The decisions about what dialects to differentiate and what to not seems arbitrary. If you're going to separate Scottish English from English, Scanian from Swedish, Kaykavian from Torlakian, etc. then you just as easily separate High from Low German.

>splitting up french and italian but not german

I wonder who was behind this post?

Welsh, Irish and Gaelic should be in much smaller pockets than that.

Kek. These mental gymnastics used to justify the 500.000 turks in your country.

Any particular reason you did what you did with the Latvian border?

The Northeastern border region really isn't Russian speaking, and the Southeastern is partially Belarusian and Polish.

Google translator is shit pal.Try a new one next time

So who thought that placing all those Romanian speakers into Hungary was a good idea?

OP here. I can edit the map now. I didn't make the map itself, I just labeled it. I can however make minor corrections to colour distribution. Also, I'd like to point out that the map is set in 1914.

Even if we consider them Turks, the map is inaccurate. There aren't that many Turks in the North, only a handful in Razgrad

I need help especially in Caucasian minors and the Inuit ones.

Part of these "Tatars" in Russia are actually Finno-Ugric speakers like Mari and Mordva.
Pink in the north of Scandinavia is Saami.

Caucasus is pretty much the same. Chechnya was briefly Russified in the 1950s, but then the Chechens returned and all the Russians were killed or expelled during the wars.

What's tatars, precious?

Very helpful! Thank you.

I need something like on that.

Bornholm is the same dialect as Scanian, whereas Bornholm is just danish, and Scanian is just plain Scanian.

Also, if I were you, I'd list Ukrainean and belorussian as dialects tbqfh

>reading a letter from 17th century Ireland
>it's an English landlord writing to the government to send him a Scottish translator because he can't understand letters from his Scottish tenants
I wonder wwhat hijinks they got up to

You can use this to put proper labels on the Turkic/Uralic mess in Russia.

Okay I'm sorry but there is no excuse for this region looking so much like a dick.

Why did they choose those colors.

Ume sami should be Northern Sami
S. Sami should be Lule Sami

You use modern Armenian and Kurdish speakers for 1914. Armenians used to be spread all over Eastern Turkey but they got and Kurds used to be only in the southeastern part until last decades.

Why don't you use the actual maps we have from just before WW like pic related?

That map is ethnicity, not language.

Are you implying Armenians spoke Kurdish?

N-no

Do you deny Armenian genocide?

No. It's dumb to give the German Empire blame too, though.

So my German friend, how do you explain the map of OP using spread of Kurds in 2000s for a map made for 1914 when Armenians used to be majority in all those lands until they have been genocided by Turks?

So your point is that OP's map in that region is inaccurate due to the genocide of armenians?

Yes, the majority of the areas that shows Kurds in OP's map should be Armenians, because Kurds replaced them after Armenian Genocide, which happened after 1914.

What can I do to correct it?
Just paint Armenian red over those kurdish lands?

Yes. They did speak armenian, not kurdish. The kurds filled the vaccuum after the armenian genocide.

Yes but not all of it, just north and west of the lake, compare and match with the map I posted here:

Did I over-do it?

I dont think there should be a gap between russian armenia and turkish armenia

Mirandese in Portugal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirandese_language
youtube.com/watch?v=1pE0S9AYijk

this exactly
I'm a french talking swiss btw.
If you put "swiss french" apart from french (wich is highly pedantic, at best) you really should put swiss german as its own language. A German wouldn't understand a swiss german speaking in its dialect, whereas any French would understand me or any other Swiss.

Much better

nice, but you could precise the "berber" language.
For instance, north of Algeria speaks kabyl

I'd like to. I need more concrete information, like that caucasian infographic

Here, it goes further South than your map, but you have the Magreb region in details

SKÅNE B T F O
CONFIRMED RESERVE DANES

Sorry on the map, the language are in translitteral English, I think these denominations are more readable:

Tashelhit (Tacelḥit), Kabylian (Taqbaylit), Atlas Tamazight (Tamaziɣt), Rif-Berber (Tmaziɣt), Shawi (Tacawit) and Tuareg (Tamahaq/Tamaceq/Tamajaq).

Scanian is definitely not its own language so it doesnt really make sense for it to be its own thing on the map
Make it swedish

Whats that little purple dot in the Levant?

Greek i think
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochian_Greek_Christians

>people in the southern coast of Finland are predominantly Swedish-speaking
Yeah, nah. They're a small minority in and around Helsinki.

Even in 1914?

Do you know Swiss-German? Can you give me a sample?
As someone who understands a little bit of standard-German I think it would be interesting to see the contrast.

>he still doesn't distinguish between swiss german and german, despite franco-provencal being about 90% intellegible with french, whereas swiss german is almost incomprehensible to german speakers
get a grip

No, finns were a majority in Helsinki but the countryside was still swedish
is probably just a nationalistic finn

OP here. I am German, and it's understandable.
I could communicate with a Swiss person. but there is a clear difference.
youtube.com/watch?v=b0aoquU_bN0

English: Is there a hospital nearby?
German: Gibt es ein Krankenhaus in der Nähe?
Swiss German: Hät's da es Spital i de Nöchi?

>Arpitan
disgusting

It's called Franco-Provençal you Maoist shills.

forgot to unhide the layer

youtube.com/watch?v=okpdhrw4eIE
Normal German for comparison.

What has Arpitan got to do with Maoism?

The word "Arpitan" was invented by a Maoist in the 1970s.

Well wouldnt you say franco-provencal is a bit misleading?

Is this map about languages or dialects? I don't get it.

well, there were more poles

Both.
Completely unbiased, Wladisláw!

The map is in 1914
Not sure how it was in the east but alot of germans got expelled or moved in the west after the war

Who gives a shit who made the word, are you 12?

Arpitan is even more confusing, it's a nonsensical contraction of "alp" meaning mountains (even though most of Francoprovençal land isn't in the mountains and most of the Alps isn't Francoprovençal) and the Occitan (and not Francoprovençal) suffix "itan". And when it was originally invented it was supposed to include Basques and shit.

Francoprovençal may be somewhat confusing but it's the only correct term there is.

Shut up retard.

This map is set in modern time and is really inaccurate at that