More like this

More like this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Củ_Chi_tunnels
youtube.com/watch?v=FGhGHxw0mSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

like this?

what's up with the dead bodies in the moat

No, what's up with that burried guy at the very bottom?

taking a closer look now im seeing more shit like that. look at the left side castle wall

That's the oubliette.

Basically an ultra small cell where they just leave someone to die.

that's an oubliette.
fucking hell.

>ywn feast with your fellow knights at a medieval castle after a hard fought campaign

>mfw I put people in the oubliette in Crusader Kings 2 without realizing what an awful fate I'd consigned them to

better version

The dogos at the feast room are so chill

oh my god i had this book when i was a kid. man, this is what got me into history, forget the title of the book tho

me too kek.

there was a nice illustration of a siege.

>he thought "oubliette" was just a fancy term for imprisonment or something

Oh man I remember that one illustration of the Aztec sacrifice and that was about the goriest thing I had seen in elementary school so it really stood out. Was this the siege scene you were thinking of?

that one indeed.
oh the memories.

what about this

>you will never have machicolated walls

Why live?

Fug mate. I remember this from my History book. I always laughed at the gong farmer in the corner

All the better to swat you with a fish

>riding wooden war wagon
>"heh, these arrows can't hit me in here and there isn't much chance of them getting through my armor, I'll make short work of these peasants once they are within range of my sword"
>bridge collapses
>wagon breaks apart
>get lasso'd by crane
>trebuchet'd into castle wall

>the hook
>the basketman
most intriguin

Steven Beisty's Cross Sections Castle

Don't dick with the basketman, he'll fuck you up

>C O M F Y

This is from Stephen Biesty's cross sections. The castle was a series of individual cross-sections along the length of a long castle each dealing with a particular part of castle life or functions. IIRC, the section before this was about warfare.

Those are (were) people trying to sneak up the latrines to infiltrate the castle in the aforementioned seige, who got stuck and died.

Stephen also put a spy dressed in black robes in every scene of the castle. For fun see if you can find where he is in this one.

What are they gunna use all those planks for?

Those wooden structures on the side of the battlements during sieges

the term actually means oblivion, quite fitting

wat am i watching? Barrelmen? Basketmen?? Trebuchets built on a mountain of lumber?

Hollywood needs to up their game

For what purpose!?

I'm pretty sure this was in a book about medieval warfare from my 4-6th grade library.

Make way people, cutest castle coming through!

Wow, the Friendly Arms Inn.... what a throwback.

family, duty, honor.

>None of them has a port

Highly unrealistic. The VC tunnels weren't some sort of underground fortress. They were 90% quick getaway routes.

I guess we call asians insects for a reason

Cool, but not really Veeky Forums-
>A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
I see what you did there.

I sooo need a time machine.

I suppose I coulda seen it while it was still there. Damn.

Comfy

This is the castle in my town, not quite as comfy but a bastard to crack.

The tower leaning on the left of the keep was from from an explosion during the civil war and then subsidence. I'm not sure of the exact degree but it leans more than the tower in pisa

That looks suspiciously familiar.

forgot pic

Except that's literally a real place, not a fictional illustration.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Củ_Chi_tunnels

This is bullshit sensationalism, right? It reminds me of those exaggerated diagrams of the Maginot line defenses made in the 30s for propaganda purposes, but back then the idea was to downplay the threat of the enemy.

Yes... Doubly so, considering Bin Laden was apparently not even there. (Well, assuming you buy even that end of the story.)

Was the same chart that Rumsfeld was showing to folks on Meet the Press.
youtube.com/watch?v=FGhGHxw0mSo

So, at least it was government approved sensationalism, and not some random Alex Jones sperg. (Wait, that makes it worse, doesn't it?)

No it means to forget in French.

Why are all those blokes climbing up the poop shaft on the left side of the castle??

Oublier is the verb. Oubliette is very obviously a female noun. I might be wrong about the exact meaning as I posted from memory but oubliette is a noun forged from the root of the verb oublier.

Man i loved these as a kid

>oubliette
Yes, the "forgetter" (female)

yo I see that sneaky fucker spying on those dudes who are brawling on the right side

wtf?

Why does the well goes up that much?

Invaders were trying to climb up the shit chute to get into the castle, got stuck and died. They're trying to unclog the drain.