Why is Chr*stianity declining?|

>American evangelicalism was a mistake

everyone below me is a fat neckbeard fedora redditor

the abrahamic religions are fucking jokes

>Evangelicals make up a quarter of the population

REALLY

Can someone explain the star in name meme? E.g. f*nland or OP's post

I seem to have missed this meme train

Education rates, urbanization, mass media.

Over emphasis on "scientific truth" and statistics.

It's actually increasing worldwide

Because marxism is the new hip religion man.

Education. People are not so dumb anymore to fall for these "religions" who's sole purpose is for a few people to control the masses

I think education plays a part but not so much what you are describing. I think education is simply putting more emphasis on "scientific fact" and statistics. Its the same reason why most of the humanities, such as philosophy, is also facing some decline, they are not seen to have value to them beyond empirical data. Obviously there are the "idiots" who truly believe that everything in the bible actually, literally, happened and it is an accurate historical and scientific account. But this obviously is not the case, however there is still great value in religion. The same way that we give certain works of literature such as Dostoyevsky or Shakespeare value, is how we should approach religion. These are simply stories that help us to understand how to orient ourselves through life. Religion and art gives us the basis for our value and belief systems, including morals, these are things that empirical data and statistics cannot provide. People should not be educated to reject religion but rather they should be educated to approach religion properly, approach it like literature, fiction that reveals a certain kind of truth.

Lol

>Why is Christianity declining?
Christianity is stronger than ever, it has a huge growth in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America.

Sub Saharan Africans and Latin americans can't stop sucking the white man's ideological dick.

So it is only growing in 3rd world shitholes and declining in the west?
So I guess is right!

It merely evolved into secular humanism

Because atheism is increasing
No christians are becoming mudslims or anything

>Le education meme

Cultural emphasis on irreligion and rebellion on a long-vanished conservative establishment is as much of a catalyst

It means you dont like it
For example you can spot turkroaches if they say k*rds instead of kurds

this but unironically

This. Great post my man.

E.g., T*iwan isn't a real country, non-mainlanders have no right to criticize China's stance on reunification, they lack the cultural background to understand the issue, etc.

Because of the lawlessness that abounds, the love of men has grown cold.

Morality by divine command, people don't want to follow orders from a being they aren't sure is real. Also, the increasing perception that the Bible contradicts real history.

>reveals a certain kind of truth.
Spooky

Christianity was a manifestation of Western conservative culture. Precisely 0 relevant people have actually followed the Bible and Christ, it was but a formalisation of an identity, an identity that is less and less viable.

this desu

Education, prosperity (people don't seek otherworldly escapes when times are good), and it being dethroned as the central narrative of western society.

Why is it less viable?

>reductionism: the post

The shift from organized religion to a more individualist view of faith. Deists are making a comeback.

Protestantism is actually booming in mexico