You wake up and its 1717

So user, you wake up and it is suddenly May 1717.You are at the same spot you went to bed last night.
You got period clothing and a bag full of silver worth a skilled craftsman's yearly wages. Also you will find flint&steel plus a small knife in one of your pockets.
So how fucked are you?
Any plans to change the world?

>inb4 sperglords screech "the drop, what about the drop?!?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8
youtube.com/watch?v=YP__1eHeyo4
youtube.com/watch?v=VZSv4HlyfIo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll probably be arrested on suspicion of being a Jacobite so I may as well actually become one

>being a Jacobite
Bow to the one true king, Wenzel, Lord of the Scots and the English!

>So how fucked are you?
Northern Switzerland, I should be fine.
>Any plans to change the world?
With the money I can build a prototype for cotton gin's combing machines and spinning jennies. If I manage to find investors I can kickstart the Industrial Revolution early.
Either that or emigrating to the America, becoming a wealthy plantation owner.

>same spot
I fall down 15 metres and die, probably

>Wake up in south Australia some 60 years years prior to european colonisation

well It'll be an intresting experince to say the least

>Scania
>1717
>Soon to become Swedish proper, living in a guerilla warzone where entire villages are wiped out because one person in said village is suspected of partisanship

I'm probably pretty fucked.

Join the tribe!

considering its either that or somehow make my way up north, somehow get to Indonesia and then try my luck getting to europe propably my best chance of surviving

>Ottawa valley

I'll probably get murdered by injuns unless I find some lumberjacks.

Fucking swamp man.
I'll just move to Vienna, once i'm out of this swamp. Jut gotta evade the armies.

What exactly counts a "period clothing" in precolonial Australia? People are probably assuming that they're going to be issued a nice set of breeches and hose when reality, especially in your case you might wind up with a loincloth or nothing at all but some beads.

Have fun with your Aboriginal "period clothing" user.

>right the Missouri 60 miles SE of Kansas City
Hope a tribe will take me in or there's a nearby French fort.

Middle of Iowa. So I'll probably be killed by natives

>Washington over 100 years before Lewis and Clark explore the place
hmmmm

A possum skin cloak I guess

You get a koteka and a nose ring so you don't stand out.

marry into a chiefs senpai

pretty sure this guy is papua or iriyanjaya

you could have a nose ring and gauges and fit in with teenagers in the us 7 years ago

You still will get a koteka! Because I say so!

>in Central America
>18 century Spanish colonial wear
>the city hasn't even expanded to where I'm at
Walk the 2km to where the city is and hitch a ride out of to the coast, become pirate, Fuck whores

>get beat up for sleeping on the state border of PLC and Prussia

thanks bro

If you have to walk more than a couple of miles from the spot where you're at to find signs of civilization your country is too young

I'll be in my hometown in direct proximity of Montreal. It was a french possession and vastly pacified by then so I wouldn't be too worried.
I would try to get a job in the administration considering my current skills (i.e. I can read, write and shits) or maybe become a priest for shits and giggles. Worse case scenario, I would marry a qt french girl and become a farmer.

Cool I'm in Reading, the 4th most prosperous city in England prior to the English Civil war which we're just recovering from.
I'm quick to go to the family house
I tell them my accent comes from having a black tutor
I go to the royal society and with my wages and biochemistry degree put on amazing lectures
Hopefully I will end up as court researcher or something
Waiting until the death of king George I, and 5 years after the last Jacobite rebellion, so 1750 or so, I petition the king to restore the rights of catholic englishmen, to vote, to own property and to serve as officers in the army. On the prequisite that all current catholic claimnants abandon their claim of attempt to reconcile Church of England and the Catholic Church

Great, I'm stranded in the arid plains leading up to the front range of the Colorado Rockies, with the only civilization within a few hundred miles to give me more than grass to eat being hostile Injuns. Thanks OP.

Why are there so many burgers in this thread, or is it just colonial nations don't need to WEWUZ greatness

>Middle of Kansas
>1717

I better find a French settlement and learn French.

>English language board
>"Why are there so many people from the largest Anglophone country?"

Europeans get wealthy and proserous and can make their dreams come true. Burgers & cunts die a horrible death in the wild.

Well that means I'm waking up in the uncolonized northern Nevada desert with no supplies. I'd probably die by sundown.

Central Slovakia. The most wealthy region in the whole monarchy, woke up in beautiful renaissance house. In the kitchen. Don't know hungarian. If I won't find Thurzo in less than an hour I am fucked.

>russia
>peasant ancestry
guess i'll die building st petersburg

>Kyoto

HOWAITO PIGGU GO HOOOOOOME!!!!!!

Praise my new bourbons kings

East coast Americans might be alright.

I, on the other hand, am entirely fucked.

Maybe I could make my way to San Juan Capistrano... Wait, no, about 50 years too soon.

I wonder how the natives feel about silver...

>the drop
what does this mean?

See it positive, you likely wipe out 70% of the natives singlehandedly with your germs before they torture you to death and make trophies out of your body in a bizarre ritual.

see here

>South Netherlands
Barely anything changes, except people dress a little bit more like they have a mental disfunction

Any special plans what you do with your bag of silver and the rest of your life? Or do you just spend it on weed and hookers?

Move to Indonesia and start aweed plantation.

>How fucked are you?

Pretty fucked considering there'd be nothing but fucking swamp as far as the eye could see.

Louisiana?

South Florida

>1717

Thats exactly the year which appears in a Coat of Arms, in a palace that stands just a couple of km of where I am right now, a Coat of Arms where my surname can be read...

youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8

Eh, most of the southern cali tribes are pretty laxed... Didn't bother the Spanish too much. They visited a few times in the two centuries before, but didn't set up missions until 1769. Didn't encounter much in the way of resistance.

...Though yes, they did wipe out most of them with disease. Injuns didn't get uppity about it until the gold rush and folks started using some of them as slave labor.

fall 30meters to the ground and die

>New Mexico

Considering I'm Navajo and can actually speak the language, I find some others and claim the Spanish kidnapped me as a slave if they ask about my clothes

That seems like a very popular thing to do

There's some towns about - maybe you could make your way to St. Augustine or part of the Spanish mission network.

The part of the city i live wasnt constructed.built till the 90s. So i walk a ciuple of km to spanish colonial bogota. Then maybe hitch a ride to cartagena and help the pirates take the city. Booty snd plunder yo ho!

But there is Spanish settlements in Florida at the time.

Port city nearby, everybody speaks English. Pretty good

St. Augustine is a solid 4 to 5 day hike. And that's with modern infrastructure.

Well, you got a knife, you got flint & steel and you got silver. Are you originally from the North? because Southerners usually aren't that a pussy over a bit of camping!

HOW

Throughout Northern Florida.

I don't know if you're aware of this but Florida is a pretty long state. The settlements were focused around Northern Florida and mostly everything south of St. Augustine was the Everglades. Animal infested swampland.

The only hope i have is to go balls deep, hike south and island hop and try to make it to the keys. They had one fort in Key West. See if i can hop on a boat there to take me to the carribbean.

So what then? Just live it out injun style or do you bring the Navajo up to speed for their endgame with the blue eyed devils?

Now imagine being in southern Australia instead...

Well, here's a map. You know, just in case.

Thanks. Goin on the wall it is.

Southern Germany. I should be ok.
I use my money to publish a book with prophecies about the future. I'll top Nostradamus by far.

I'm from Trujillo so I will just need to walk about 2 km because where I am wasn't urbanized at the time

I'd be in Georgia a little before the colony is created. I could probably make it to South Carolina if I kept to the east.

Actually I'll be fucked because they built walls around Trujillo against the pirates im the 1600s xd

The Yamasee will skin you alive if they catch you.

>England
I'm an economist by training so i'd probably try to get a job in parliament as a finnancial advisor and draft up the core tenants of keynesian economics just to see how it floats in a merchantilist nation.
Oh and visit the new part we added a decade ago.

Just use the door Pancho.

Southern California here, I could probably build a fucking mansion with cheap mexican/Native-American labor, but instead I would invest my money into building a bank so I can jew the natives and local government out of their sweet spanish coin, and build on my monopoly of the Spanish economy from there, and after that I'd see if I can pull a Founding Fathers on the disgruntled New Spain inhabitants and declare independence, and in so doing, establish the First Mexican Empire. Also I'd use the knife and flintnsteel to skin a snake and temper it's hide for some sweet snakeskin boots.

1717 - no Spanish or Mexican establishments here yet. It's a looong walk through some endless desert to the nearest of them.

And the natives, while not particularly hostile, also apparently don't particularly value silver. Though I suppose they'd still be pretty shinies.

Not too clear on whether you get your own culture's period clothing, or the native's.

Waking up in 1777 Vienna and for some reason sleeping on the streets. I would like it if I wasn`t going to be dragged into 3 wars in the next 20 years.

I have to travel about ten miles west to get to Manhattan so pretty good. Too bad I'm a fucking chink.

Could be much worse, really.

I'm in a suburbs very close to Paris, in a village that would be considered part of Paris itself in a few decades. Louis XIV just died, but the Regent is pretty fucking based, economy is recovering from decades of war and we're at peace for now. Great time to be in Paris itself too. Louis XIV moved the court to Versailles because he didn't trust the Parisians, but he still did a lot to improve the city and you have new avenues, monuments, plazas, gardens everywhere. The Regent moved it's court back into the city. Intellectual life is booming, salons and cafés are opening all over the place. It's the second largest city in Europe, but still pretty much the center of it. There are merchants, diplomats, students from all over France and all over the world.

As for my plans, I have to consider my assets: I can read and write, know French, English, Spanish, and bits and pieces of Latin, Ancient Greek and other languages. I have received an education that is superior to what 99% of the people get. I'm from a noble family, but with no way to prove it other than my signet ring and a vague ressemblance. Of course I have knowledge of future events, but trying to rely on that is a sure way of ending up in an asylum. I could probably find a job as a tutor or a secretary by hanging out in the right places, and make my way up from there. With a bit of luck, ending up as a diplomat or an advisor to some high ranking official isn't out of the question. In that position, I could try to influence events, especially anything related to how badly Louis XV will fuck our shit up.

Other than that, with that kind of money I could probably emigrate to America, buy myself land in New France, the Thirteen Colonies, or Saint-Domingue, and make a fortune from lumber, sugar, tobacco, or cotton.

Here's something if you want to imagine what Paris around that time sounded and looked like: youtube.com/watch?v=YP__1eHeyo4

1717, learn to read!

>Americans speak English
Biggest spook I've ever seen on here

And here's a map. I'm a bit down the Seine, not shown on the map.

Effing Euros have it easy mode...

...Yer still gonna drop ~50ft to your death! :P

Will they let you into the city?

>So how fucked are you?
I am in the north West of Argentina, tucuman to be exactly . By 1717 this place would probably be one of many Spanish cities after the war with the calchalquis . So yeah not that fucked since the barbarians were enslave already. I can't Wait to buy slaves

Are you really white or Argentinian "white"?

Well I'll wake up in a field since my city was only a small town then and the house I live in wasn't built until 1840. As to what I do, I'll become a serial killer and cannibal.

At least the house was built, where I am rn wasnt even urbanized xd

Americans speak English, Spooks speak Ebonics.

Buy a lute and introduce high baroque and classicism idioms early.

>central Oklahoma
I could probably pose as a lost Anglo-American explorer/merchant. If I avoid being killed by the Apache or any other angry natives, I can head southeast to New Orleans if I follow the local rivers down the Mississippi. If the natives aren't cunts, then I can probably trade for food on my way to a French or Spanish trading post/fort. From there, probably come to the 13 colonies and invent something, perhaps meet a young Benjamin Franklin in the north.

I try to learn German ASAP. I volunteer in the Austro-Turkish war that started last year. I'll then try landing a job in the administration or becoming a colonist in Slavonia for comfy rural living.

Well, now I'm in Spanish Mexico as someone who doesn't speak Spanish, so I'm pretty fucked.

>New Zealand
Would probably arrive in some thick bush, or swamp. Attempt to make my way out, maybe eventually i would find an opening where a tribe had settled, then immediately get spotted by vicious natives and slaughtered, or made a slave.

>wake up
>break my legs and ribs from a 10 meter fall
But seriously though
>wake up a few km north of Lima
>walk down to Lima
>learn early modern spanish with the indios
>become a merchant or something
>centuries down the line descendants become wealthy elite in the republic

>Jake the Mus will personally gut an eat you
youtube.com/watch?v=VZSv4HlyfIo

>Skopje in 1717

I actually have no idea what l'd be up against. Oppressive Turks, most likely.

And l'd like to get as far away from that shithole as possible, so no change in that regard.

>Zagreb 1717

literally nuffin here

Split 1717, I'm

Zagreb in Croatia? It's been there near forever.

I meant literally nothing interesting, I'd probably learn Hungarian desu

When a mommy and a daddy REALLY love each other...
In all honesty...as much as I love my white friends, I'd become the founder of the 1st Imperial Navajo dynasty and enslave all non-redmen.

Have you ever played a game called Shadowrun?